For Glory, Honor, and Home

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
The flagship popped up on everyone's tv, dubbed the Yggdrasil by UED and the Dominion alike. It was massive. D@mn, that thing is huge!! I don't think we'd ever be able to take it down from the outside. And I strongly doubt we'd ever get inside. I was glad that I'd made Razor home and rest, because I could only stare at the ship. I sat down and began to wonder if I should have Jerro focus more on defensive upgrades then offensive and weaponry. "No, we'll need all of it to survive," I say aloud. The news had continued and was showing a list of the dead. The final name was the great General Warfield himself. When I heard this, my heart sunk. He was the man who would have rallied the remaining forces together to stand against the UED. Now he was dead. Only one man was left who could pull it off, and he was nowhere to be found.
"You can come out now, with all of my years in service I have learned to detect Ghosts, you are no different. Only you rely more on your gear while Ghosts rely on Gear and Psionics." I was still sitting down."
//Zaros//
"They have adamantine swords?" My jaw drops,I put my sword away. "HOLY SH!T, WHERE'D YOU FIND THE ADAMANTINE?"
The Phantom decloaked and stepped forward. He didn't say anything, but his head continued to stare at the boats.
After a long silence he spoke in the trademark chilling/unnerving voice and tone of a Phantom.
"It's not over. Nor will it be for a long time."
It wasn't a threat, more like a warning, or... an apology?
"That's why I wanted to try to keep the rest of them out of this war. Even a person with a cold heart should at least be honored once." I stood up and I disappeared into the forest on my way back to the settlement.
War will always take,
The Phantom felt ashamed, and leaned on the tree next to him.
What will be left to give?
Still, it's not like he could just abandon the UED. He composed his thought as made his way through the forest back to Dagon's camp.

OOC: ugh, my writing isn't what is should be, I am damned tired.
OOC: BTW you are on the popular thread again.
War will always take,
The Phantom felt ashamed, and leaned on the tree next to him.
What will be left to give?
Still, it's not like he could just abandon the UED. He composed his thought as made his way through the forest back to Dagon's camp.

OOC: ugh, my writing is nowhere near what is should be, I am damned tired.

OOC: Then go to sleep already. It's almost 11:30 PM where I am, and I'm just doing a final sweep of the forums before I fall on the sofa. You'll have better writing with a clearer head.
You don't tell me waht to do!
I'm son the aposlu ar is sad 4rtv 54gtr4 r54r5 y
*falls asleep at the keyboard*
-In the Impraetor's chambers-

"Impraetor Al'dsa. There is a Terran fleet inbound."

The Impraetor remains hovering in meditation, but diverts some of his attention to his subordinate.
"Do they mean to retake the planet?"

Fel'teeg had been a protoss planet for many millennia, but in the last 200 years terrans had colonized the planet.

Keyword "had"
Less than six years ago the protoss had retaken the planet when the terrans had strayed too far into the sacred temples of the Xel'naga.

"It is a distinct possiblity Impraetor."

The Impraetor gave a mental sigh and allowed his feet to touch the floor.
"Ready my ship."

The ship was not alone. Four carriers [+the command ship] (with a few flights of scouts and phoenixes each), Two Tempests, a dozen void rays, and an Arbiter made up his fleet.

Only 8 Terran ships approached. They would be badly outgunned.
Not that they knew that.

"That is truly a huge fleet to take over such a small planet. Especially since they should not know that we are here."

"I agree Impraetor. They should have sent three at the absolute most. The Terran Dominion simply does not have the ships to send so many to such an inconsequential place. Either they know our fleet is here, or this pace is very important to them."

The Impraetor tented his long fingers. "Perhaps this is something else entirely."

OOC: The UED is going to suffer its first defeat. The Protoss will be expecting normal Battlecruisers, but get the new stuff instead.

It will be a stomp instead of a rolf stomp.
I leave the bar and go to the Starport. I check when the next Hercules will be leaving. I prep up my Firebat suit and go onto it. Only about 20 minutes left.
The cries of fear. Fear and pain. Death from all sides. An absolute defeat, none left alive. It was happening.

Calek awakened. In his travels, long ago, he had consulted someone who claimed to have the powers of prophecy, a Protoss of unknown name or origin. He had foretold a bloody end to all 3 warring races, saying some other force would come to this sector. Some unstoppable being or group.And now the day had come when that premonition was proved true.

But Calek would not stand for this. So many were dying, so much useless fighting. He had to stop it. He had planned for this occurrence for his entire life. His entire true life. He had to do something to stop them. And he knew what.

They would be scanning everything, eliminating any possible threat. So he would become one.

He approached the spot he had prepared in the caves. Where they would come, who, or what, ever this force might be. He picked up a shard of crystal, a flawless gem he had saved for just this purpose. He floated it to the center of the room, and called all his minions of psionic origin to the room.

(In Zerg)
"The day has come, when a prophecy from long ago is fulfilled. When this sector's doom will come. This day, an unstoppable force has entered our sector. Our ancestral home, where everything we hold dear is found. This day, we shall enact upon the plan we have been preparing for as long as you may remember, and even before then. This day...

The true power of the Swarm will be revealed. Today is the day of reckoning. Today is a day of fear and death.

Today is the day, when this force is shown what is truly fear. Today is the day, when it is shown that everything can be stopped. Even fate."

My assembled Brood erupted in a cacophony of noise, the excitement palpable in the air of the cave. They dispersed to their necessary positions and roles, allowing the psionics to pass.

I levitated the crystal into the center of the cave, where the Overlords, Overseers, and Queens held it in place. I channeled all my energy into it. I forced all the power I could maintain into it, and it exploded.

The explosion was instantly reversed, creating a small crystal in the center once again. Except this crystal was different, ethereal. It was made of pure energy. It was the most potent collection of psionic energy within light years, anything that contacted it would cause this entire planet to collapse in upon itself. The other psionics held it in place, while I scuttled to my chamber to rest. Exhausted, I collapsed upon my bedding, and slept.

OOC:
07/13/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Zarkun
D@mn, that thing is huge!!
07/13/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Zarkun
And I strongly doubt we'd ever get inside

The implications. I couldn't stop laughing XD
Now to be serious. should I write up the stats for Calek, Avikon?
07/13/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Zanon
OOC: The UED is going to suffer its first defeat. The Protoss will be expecting normal Battlecruisers, but get the new stuff instead.

*Raises eyebrow*
Hmmm.
How bout you destroy 2 ships and the others warp out?
I'm not ready to lose eight ships yet.
07/14/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Avikon

*Raises eyebrow*
Hmmm.
How bout you destroy 2 ships and the others warp out?
I'm not ready to lose eight ships yet.

But then it's not really a defeat. That's less than 25% of the forces. It'll be more like "Oops, protoss are a little tougher than the others. Get the bigger guns."

No, this is supposed to be "HOLYSH*T WE'RE F*CKED!"

How about 6 are destroyed, the other two are heavily damaged, and they just barely manage to limp away? You technically not losing eight ships, only six.
OOC: Wow I mean wow, I am definitely using this song for something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99tHQ7TE-eI&feature=relmfu
I'm planning on having this war last a while...
So ima need every ship for as long as I can hold onto it...
And is anyone gonna RP, I'm just editing everything I've done to make it more... appealing.
It was the down of a new day and everyone was waking up and getting ready to do their jobs. I walk outside of my quarters and I walk over to the lumberjacks. We have chainsaws but that's about it since that was all the Dominion gave us before they left.

"Boys I am going to help you today. Scanners didn't pick up anything again so I have nothing to do now."

Fine by us, but you do know how to use one of these right?"

"Yeah." As I picked one up and started it.
I'm planning on having this war last a while...
So ima need every ship for as long as I can hold onto it...
And is anyone gonna RP, I'm just editing everything I've done to make it more... appealing.

OOC: If course I'll RP. I just need you to haul @$$ over to my place.
It had been an entire day, and there was still no sign that the UED was targeting Kirona. Maybe they could continue to use it as a base of operations while I took a small part of the fleet and did a hit and run on the UED fleets. That's when one of the technicians in charge of watching for warp signatures runs up. "We've detected several warp signatures all inbound on us. They aren't Dominion either." I sigh. This was what I'd really hoped to avoid despite our preperations. We were way outmatched in tech, despite all our new stuff. So now I had to give the order.

"Have everyone in the caves board the transports and tell the transport pilots that they need to make a run for it as soon as our fleet engages them."

"Yes, sir." I could tell we'd detected them fairly far out, thankfully, with the upgrades we'd given the radar system. We didn't have a fleet nearly the size of the Dominions, but we had them beat in upgrades and tech. Who am I kidding. At most we would damage those ships. Only reason the Dominion left us alone is cause we weren't a threat. I shake my head, all we could hope is to delay them long enough for the transports to escape and then follow with whatever's left of the fleet. If we were lucky, we'd picked them up a few hours away so the transports had time to load.
Unlike Koprulu sector technology, the UED was capable of warping in accurately inside a planets atmosphere.
Three ships appeared, as if out of thin air. One was the Nidhogg, something that looked more akin to a giant metal Zerg that a battlecruiser. The other two seemed to be standard Battlecruisers- at least by the UED's standards.
A dropship was seen leaving one of the cruisers and heading toward just outside of the base perimeter.
It was obvious they wanted to talk, otherwise they'd just flatten the base then send in troops to flush out the caves.