[Showcase]A Clash of Kings (Continued Continued)

Map Showcase
Prev 1 28 29 30 50 Next
I'm happy with the Selmy tier. :P

Guy is a beastly fighter.
Lol if you think Andar is good you must really suck, because they were a regular joke I used to roll all day errady.

I've made a tier listing of players, note that I obviously can't have met every player, but chances are if you are good enough to be in this list then I already have met you and played you in multiple games. This doesn't take into fact character or whether or not the player backstabs and the tier naming is based on lore at time of Clash of Kings. It's mainly based on micro/macro skills, but I've also taken into account those particularly knowledgeable about the games finer points, and even creators of strategies.

<><><><><><> JAIME LANNISTER TIER AKA GOD TIER <><><><><><>

Leonardo

<><><><><><> HOUND TIER <><><><><><>

Eorl
NakedWolf
Monk
Obleron
Kwame
Britanicus
MonkeyMakerM
Takumi
Xiphas
Omnius
Caeli

<><><><><><> MOUNTAIN TIER <><><><><><>

Steve
RedPopsicle
Scheetz
Hyperion
WeAreFury
LongestLance
Gemini
LightsOutAce
LifeTheAdult(Death)
Kirschke
RobbStark

<><><><><><> OLD MAN SELMY TIER <><><><><><>

AndarielHalo
Cerberus
Zenjamin
DJM
Magical
Talan
PurpleCow
MarsVolta
Praetorian
Milkten
EvanRay
IronChef

If I discluded anyone let me know. I plan on redoing this a lot, and mainly this is to goad everyone into playing better ;)

LOL. Lay off that pipe before you post next time
So that Stark house...

Can I have Summer back plz? Or even just Maege? Plz?
So that Stark house...

Can I have Summer back plz? Or even just Maege? Plz?

I like having Robb, Grey Wind, and Umber. I hate the dogs, so I am glad that summer was removed, but Maege was a pretty good hero, although easy to target. If another hero were to be added, I don't see how Summer or Maege make much sense. The only bannerman Robb really speaks of besides Roose and Umber in the books and show is Richard Karstark, even if for some nasty business. He was still a loyal supporter for a while, and likely a pretty good fighter.
As it is Stark is an incredibly weak house. Robb's comparable to Corbray, except Corbray has a weapon, and Jaime just flat out-dps's him. Umber is meh and rooster dies like instantly. Also Stark's melee frontline consists of just Grey Wind. This is probably because I'm terrible at Stark. Although if Stark had better melee units the world would be instantly better.
I think it would be nice if Stark got buffed men at arms like lanni, and the reasoning can be that they are northmen and therefore tougher or something. This would balance out Stark's army, which I agree is far too ranged heavy. This can be balanced by a slight nerf to longbowmen, since them in combination with buffed men at arms would be quite strong.
Love the transport fix. It's be great for GJ and Stannis!

Extremely minor detail, shouldn't Oberyn's weapon be a Spear not a Shortsword?

Keep up the good work JT!
Stark is fine. The map needs trebuchets back. Tyrell needs his trebuchet locations back.
I wouldn't put leo in a class of his own. He's simply just become the latest in a long line of people to prefer lannister over other houses. It's no different from my preference for the wall, Kwame's preference for hilarious antics, Brit's preference for lannister, Caeli's almost exlclusive use of stark or greyjoy, and the latest generation of people to become beasts with renly.

There are 1 or 2 people I'd drop a tier. 1 or 2 that I'd raise a tier. Honestly though, Leo dies just as easily as anyone else at the upper echelon. If we die, it'll be a blood bath.
Leo are you ranking players within the tiers too?
This is a little off topic in relation to the rankings but I have a question about lannister. Whenever I play lanni, almost every time i play a decent tully they will target the hound relentlessly. I've also noticed that playing good lannisters they often put DS on the hound. Maybe this is just leftover habits from when the hound was the game's best hero but is he really all that great? Usually I try to kill tywin or the mountain, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. So in conclusion is the hound really still that great or are people just getting foolish?

Also on stark I would love to have meage back. She was a great hero (esp. on the wall)/
The hound is a hero killer. He also has the helmet of the hound. If tully gets the helmet of the hound and doesnt lose any heroes doing it, he's extremely difficult to beat. Blackfish speed bonus + a speed debuff to people around you is dangerous stuff.
Steve and Hyp should be up in Hound tier, not me.

This is a little off topic in relation to the rankings but I have a question about lannister. Whenever I play lanni, almost every time i play a decent tully they will target the hound relentlessly. I've also noticed that playing good lannisters they often put DS on the hound. Maybe this is just leftover habits from when the hound was the game's best hero but is he really all that great? Usually I try to kill tywin or the mountain, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. So in conclusion is the hound really still that great or are people just getting foolish?

Also on stark I would love to have meage back. She was a great hero (esp. on the wall)/

DS Jaime is bes Jaime. He has the atk speed, now he just needs the dmg.

Also I would be happy with bringing back just Maege.
Hound is best for Dark Sister because he has the lowest atk spd so therefore best dps with a weapon.

The Hound is also the best hero to target against Lannister because (as mentioned above) he has the highest dps if given the valyrion dagger like he normally is AND once he dies all of the other Lannister heroes are easier to kill because they lose 10 armor from the Hound's Protection aura. Potentially getting the Helmet of the Hound is a nice bonus, but Lanni generally won't let you grab that.

As far as Stark, Robb is the best marine hero since the last patch (even though Jaime out-dps's him badly in a vacuum) because he got an atk buff to do more than Corbray, still has rally, and gives a 10% atk buff to all of your other units, including heroes, therefore letting Umber and Roose one-shot men-at-arms without atk upgrades.
omg there is a sc2 forum....?
Anyone in tolc btw shouldnt be ranked....lifetheadult.
Gem should be in top tier.
Several of us if not all of us are good at one to two houses as omnius pointed out...but i dont play the other houses...most have never seen me play the other houses so
if some of us own some houses but suck horribly at others how does that enter ranking.

Everyone in the top two ranks (ignoring god tier) and most in third tier know the game, and the strategies that go with it. Lag plays a huge part. I think the better ranking would of have been who r the top players of each house, granted that requires more research but we all know leo did plenty of observing and researching before he made this list...right?

BTW why is it people go full stamina(defense) on melee heros first. Mag goes down just as fast without armor so go power...rattle the only melee that needs stamina....balon is a waste with stamina same with fish both do so much more dmg with power/speed. Yohn power. Brienne/darkstar speed just is better first then stam 2nd. The wolves speed or power depends on how u use them...and bronn well i dont know i dont play lanni so w/e.

Also ive never payed attention so is lannis raids at specific times? If so whats to stop lanni from allying right before that raid to prevent it so tully doesnt feed...
Nonsense, Renly is still my favorite house, and I play Tully/The 5 Kings. ;)

Nah for real it's mainly just to list some of our best players in one place. I know I'm not head and shoulders above any of the Hound tier players, but I do have a flair for multi-house-micro you are correct ;)

And as for Hyperion, Hound is still the best Lannister hero by far. Jaime is good, bloodlust is great, but Hound's DPS/kill count is still simply the best. Also Robb is better than Jaime as he has King in the North bonus as well as being a bit faster it seems. Hound has become bait in my games; he is blue and easy to spot. Even color blind bastards like me pick him out easy hehe.

Everyone in the top two ranks (ignoring god tier) and most in third tier know the game, and the strategies that go with it. Lag plays a huge part. I think the better ranking would of have been who r the top players of each house, granted that requires more research but we all know leo did plenty of observing and researching before he made this list...right?

A fantastic point. My next list will be the people/s who excel at certain houses. Also like I said the list was mainly to goad everyone ;)

However I really do maintain my status as the top player in general. I can play every house, and generally outlast players because I am one of those sad tools who looooooves to win. If I was knocked for anything, it would be rage ;)

But we all know Leo rage is the tastiest rage there is, so therefore that must speak to his skills as a player hmm?

Also by level 5, you really do start to notice the Stamina buffs. I don't do it for Yohn, but I do for Brynden because him surviving is more important that him being levelled imo.

I'll put some more thought into the list as well, because I like seeing all of our names collected like that hehe. Gem will get moved up because he got some good votes and I'll be on the lookout for more people to add to the list
I miss Arryn having Ser Brynden. :'(
FUDGE I JUST MADE A WHOLE LIST OF THE BEST PLAYERS FOR EVERY HOUSE DAMN YOU BLIZZARD FORUMS

Man oh man... Well I'll upload it tomorrow. I said some really nice things about good players too :(

Lan - Leo/Naked/Steve

Tully - Monk

GJ - Caeli, Akdome, Xiphas

Tyrell - Eorl, akdome

NW - Omnius

Wilds - Kwame/Obleron

Martell - Obleron/Kwame

Renly - Nakedwolf/Leo/WeAreFury

Stannis - Xiph/Ak/Monk

Stark - Caeli, Scheetz

Arryn - Skyzzorr

It was a LOT more detailed, and had a lot more names, but I really don't have the energy to type it up again right now hehe. It'd be better if everyone just contributed recommendations/promotions/demotions we should get a nice list going. I plan to have around 5 for every house, with some people even appearing more than once.
Also no, not ranked within tiers. Tiers was the only way it felt even close to right, and even then some people are toeing the line. Also there are new players getting better and better; people like LongestLance are going to overtake some of these older names soon