[Showcase]A Clash of Kings (Continued Continued)

Map Showcase
Prev 1 3 4 5 50 Next
Hi JT -

As always, thank you for reviewing my suggestions and continuing to make a great game. We all appreciate your hard work.

Regarding Point 3 - maybe we can tie in the whole idea of "capturing" dead hero's with the jails. At it simplest form, rather then the ability to execute or release hero's after a faction kills it, maybe we have the "jail" be in the capital building of the opposing faction, or separate building in each faction. So in theory, if Lannister kills Tully's Edmure Tully - rather then Edmure dieing, he is captured. For Tully to get him back they must capture the enemy that captured him (lanny) capital (CR). Or, a "jail" building somewhere located by CR. This would "release" all prisoners in the jail. If opposing factions (enemy) are in the jail, the force that captured it would obviously "kill" them again and they would then go to his Jail. The trick is how to track it on the map so that everybody knows who to target.

So, you offer an opportunity for people to be able to accomplish something by capturing a hero back to achieve there WC. Also, regarding lore, this fits well considering what happened in the last book with Tully and Lannister. So rather then "keeping the hero alive" it should be "the hero being out of jail".

An evolution to this concept would be the segregation between "core" hero's and "ancillary" hero's. For instance for Tyrell, Mace, Loras and Garlin are "core hero's". Randyl Tarrly is a ancillary. Maybe we make it that core hero's are capturable but certain ancillary hero's die (and respawn like currently)? This adds a certain amount of lore because realistically as portrayed in the books, the opposing factions are more interested in capturing (Tully, Jaime) then Killing or Assassinating hero's.

The Stark boys (maybe roose), Tully and Frey, Jaime and Tywin (Tyrion maybe?), Baelish and Harrold?, Renly, Stannis and Meli, the GJ, Oberyn Martell?

The whole Jail part is neat as there is a lot of lore involved in it.

looking forward to your thoughts.
Hey everyone go rate the map at 5 stars!
I just want to add my support saying I think the Cleganes are in a good place now.

Previously an inexperienced Tully, Arryn, Tyrell, or Renly could result in level 8-10 Cleganes while your heros are 5 or 6. Between them they can now mow down your army faster than you can kill them. The attack speed nerf to Sandor means he still has this ability if he gets ahead in levels, but not to the point where he is unstoppable.

I still would like to see penalties for super-alliances. It's not a problem for inhouse games, but lobbies still suffer from it. My suggestion would be a 7% supply cap reduction for each ally past 2. So someone with 3 allies suffers a 7% supply cap reduction, 14% for 4 allies, etc. This reduces the massive potential army without damaging the hero gameplay or altering the core mechanics of the game.

One thing I would say is either remove findable weapons, or place some hints here and there. Findables are only ever used by those who already know who they are, and with the exception of Celtigar's Greataxe, they are kind of in out-of-the-way places that you wouldn't typically go. Brightroar isn't that bad, but I have never seen someone accidentally find Dark Sister. The extra element of territory competition for these findables is a heavy mechanic that serves no real purpose other than to boost your hero. Outside of inhouse games they are only ever used by those who already know where they are, and those people tend to be winning already, accelerating the snowball.
Just tested again, trebs are still giving 3.5k when dismantled
Where are each of the findable weapons? I only know of Brightroar north of the wall.
Dark Sister is at Duskendale

Celtigar's Great Axe is just south of Bronze Gate

Blackfyre is at Tyrosh for 2k minerals.
Also, JT, you should add a detailed 'how to play.' Most of the unfavorable reviews are because people do not understand the game.

There is also one that says the community is bad and treats new players with hostility, so...don't be an @$$ hole I guess. Only a few people are like that in my experience, but it only takes one to ruin the game for someone.
The new arcade patch lets you add update notes to the game in lobby. I think you should/could put htem up there from now on as well, along with if you kept or remember the others.

I may have missed it in this thread, but are Lesser Wights (zerglings) supposed to be permanently burrowed now until they attack? Coincidentally, I just reached a point today in the books (not saying which) where character ____ is attacked by wights bursting out of the snowy ground.
I did all that but theres a problem with the editor and i cant upload the map... no idea why but hopefullly they fix it soon
07/28/2012 10:42 AMPosted by UloseTheGame
I feel Blackfish should replace Stevron as a Tully hero... and Lyn Corbray replace Blackfish.. considering lore.... Also, I'm still pushing for Sand snakes to be removed. Thoughts? Finally, Lannister is 300% fair now... don't worry about adding new WC and what not because after the last few patches I feel the game is great, I second Hyperion in saying, let JT fix the bugs and work out the kinks. Jt, just want to thank you because I understand how much work it is to create a map let alone stick with it and actually put in input from players on the forums WE LOVE YOU!!!

I hate these ideas, why should we make these changes, what purpose would they serve...!@#$ing loreheads, they don't want anything that would slightly damage their perception of A Song of Ice and Fire.

I had suggested these myself. Actually only having Lyn Corbray replace Brynden Tully, since Lyn Corbray owns Lady Forlorn, and Brynden Tully spends exactly 0 days of the War of Five Kings even remotely close to the Vale, and to hell with anyone saying "he was lord of the gate BEFORE" in which case I say Then give Petyr back to Lannister to sit at Kings Landing; he was Master of Coin BEFORE.

It makes more sense, and it makes it less grievous when Arryn has Brynden slaying other Tullys.

Unrelated to the quotes, I feel still that Stark should have win conditions that do not allow for Stannis and/or Renly to win. This encourages further division, further accuracy, and further justification to nerf the Cleganes, letting the Lannisters survive just barely rather than curbstomping a 6v1 mass alliance simply because Gregor and Sandor, and !@#$ you.
Stark don't have a problem with Renly or Stannis taking the throne in lore, so I don't know how you see that as more accurate. :/

And wtf? The cleganes have been nerfed enough, leave them be. Lanni can't stomp a 6v1 alliance. Unless all 6 were first timers or something. If Tully is good he can manage with one other good ally usually. Unless Arryn is with Lanni too.

Stark's WC's are fine as they are too.
Just spent over 3 hours looking for the damn egg.

I hate life.
There has been a HUGE boom of new players with the new arcade patch (cool that its working to get other maps popular) we've gotta start training these people up essentially and be helpful as possible, the last four games ive played the only other person with wins than me was Janders. If we don't catch them now the community might not grow so i think this is a great opportunity to put in some more noob friendly hints or something like that in the help. Im really liking the new changes but I've somewhat found the raids to be getting out of hand lately I've still been roflstomping acorn at like the second raid
JT, why you gotta take away my burrow for the wildling warriors!! :'(

On a serious note though, I'm completely fine with it, since I feel like using it to get my pop to around 400+ made it so the wall would die wayyy too fast to the Wildlings. I would attack with a maxed out army, and by the time it gets stopped, NW would have almost no units left, so when I would unburrow about 100 supply worth of units and send them in right after, it got a little out of hand. And I feel like the recent change to the Others causing fear, and the armor fix, makes it so you don't have to worry as much about trying to kill some of the spawns before 40 minutes.

08/01/2012 11:27 AMPosted by gooniesfan
Im really liking the new changes but I've somewhat found the raids to be getting out of hand lately I've still been roflstomping acorn at like the second raid

That's quite an improvement from some games where I'd take it during the first raid.(this was before Sandor got the slight nerf to his attack speed) For Stark or Tully, you need to try your best to cut off the raids and use them to level your heroes. If you can prevent Lannister from rallying them to his main army it will make your lives so much easier. And obviously it's easier said than done, but it should be one of your top priorities. If they don't cut them off and Lanni is able to gather most of the units up the majority of the time, it's going to be very painfull for them.
Stark don't have a problem with Renly or Stannis taking the throne in lore, so I don't know how you see that as more accurate. :/

And wtf? The cleganes have been nerfed enough, leave them be. Lanni can't stomp a 6v1 alliance. Unless all 6 were first timers or something. If Tully is good he can manage with one other good ally usually. Unless Arryn is with Lanni too.

Stark's WC's are fine as they are too.

Uh...

Stannis burnt the Godswoods in every place he conquered. Not going into spoilers for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th book, but if you've read them, then what you say about Stark having no problem with Stannis becomes even more unbelievable and downright wrong.

And like I've said at least Pi times by now, the sole reason we even saw Renly's death in the books/series was because Robb sent Catelyn to negotiate with Renly. And Renly REJECTED Robb's proposal. He's friendly to the Tullys... but he's not going to let Robb and his north secede

And yes, Lannister CAN still stomp a 6v1 alliance. I won't stop whining about them until they are unable to wipe out an Other army on their own at ANY level (spoiler alert: No other heros in the game can do that, yet the Cleganes somehow can)
No they can't Andariel, if they beat a 6v1, then the 6 were playing completely wrong, simple as that.
08/01/2012 12:01 PMPosted by DangnabitRH
No they can't Andariel, if they beat a 6v1, then the 6 were playing completely wrong, simple as that.

Then there's an awful lot of bad players playing scores of games in a row.

And to further emphasize the distaste of Renly and Robb as King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbT1iMJ7Hk

0:20 to 0:45
JT, just here to ask you on the progress of the new patch. Still having issues with uploading the new map?
08/01/2012 11:27 AMPosted by gooniesfan
Im really liking the new changes but I've somewhat found the raids to be getting out of hand lately I've still been roflstomping acorn at like the second raid

That's quite an improvement from some games where I'd take it during the first raid.(this was before Sandor got the slight nerf to his attack speed) For Stark or Tully, you need to try your best to cut off the raids and use them to level your heroes. If you can prevent Lannister from rallying them to his main army it will make your lives so much easier. And obviously it's easier said than done, but it should be one of your top priorities. If they don't cut them off and Lanni is able to gather most of the units up the majority of the time, it's going to be very painfull for them.[/quote]

Well yeah before the nerf and acorn change it was incredibly easy to level acorn in the first raid if you got them all in that area. I'm just saying that the raids are pretty frequent and when I play as lannister they seem like too much

edit: wtf happened to me replying to dangas post lol