Stuttering and hitching since patch 1.5.0

Technical Support
Hi Blizzard, guys, ever since this new patch i get horrible stuttering on game and hitching, a thing that WAS NOT before the 1.5.0.

Reinstall game+delete variablesa file gave no result, my pc is a high end gear with Intel Core I7 2700K, nVidia Geforce GTX 680, 8GB DDR3.
Game is bugged right now, just wait for a hotfix...
same thing with me. i've got an i5 and gtx580 and it's pretty much unplayable in 4's because i'm getting like 3 fps, even on medium. this is ridiculous.
Same here. I would get the occasional stutter / freeze and catch up type of symptoms

But since the optimization and patch 1.5.0.. it is almost constant and unbearable to play. Blizzard I hope you see this!

WE need to fix this or go back to the old patch!
Also getting a lot of game jitter after the patch. Almost feels like a network problem where the game freezes for half a second to catch up.
i miss the old patch already
I've deleted the whole Starcraft 2 folder in Documents and so far so good.
Same, unplayable
Ive lost about 3 games now due to cheese, because the entire game locked and I couldn't pull SCV's. This new patch is just ridiculous.
Same problem here, the game is running terribly for me at the moment. Guess my Radeon HD 6800 is obsolete now.
Same here, at first I had to spend like 5 hours freeing up space for the new patch which required 10GB, then the "optimizer" froze at 0% for half day and had to do numerous fixes to make it work, then I had to wait forever for those 5GB to download, just for a silly patch which was supposed to "improve" the performance.

What I got after all that trouble? Horrible FPS. It's at 30FPS and goes down to 10 and up to 30 again every second and in team fights it just goes down to 5. Oh and there's no fog of war. Seriously Blizzard?

From the dictionary:

optimize, optimise [ˈɒptɪˌmaɪz]
vb
4. (Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) (tr) to write or modify (a computer program) to achieve maximum efficiency in storage capacity, time, cost, etc.

I see exactly the opposite. I could play the game just fine before.

Also I'm already running on lowest graphics and everything is up to date so I don't know what to do.
I have had the same problem. I did some experimenting and I think I know what is happening.

I ran a couple of custom games trying to duplicate the hitching and stuttering issue. I found that it only happens the first time a unit or a new animation is introduced. For example, it only stutters the first time my zealot is warped in or the first time my gateway finishes. Also, it only seems to happen the first time I attack with a particular unit. I tested it with almost all units and building within the Protoss race and was not able to duplicate the stuttering after the first appearance of that unit and animation.

What was most interesting was that it would carry over to the next game. If in game one I made a zealot and got the stutter, I would not see that same result in the rest of the first game and in the games that followed. I am not too sure on what kind of impact my opponent's units would have on the game since I tested it solo but I am assuming it would be the same.
Having the same issue. I had a game earlier that hitched continually every one to two seconds which made the game literally unplayable. I've never had that happen before.
I'm having the same issue, its really bizarre, I get anywhere from 100-200 fps throughout the entire game, but i get these really weird lag spikes and skips at random times throughout the game. I have an i5-2500 and Radeon 6950GT which has been able to play the game absolutely perfectly previously to patch 1.5.
I have had the same problem. I did some experimenting and I think I know what is happening.

I ran a couple of custom games trying to duplicate the hitching and stuttering issue. I found that it only happens the first time a unit or a new animation is introduced. For example, it only stutters the first time my zealot is warped in or the first time my gateway finishes. Also, it only seems to happen the first time I attack with a particular unit. I tested it with almost all units and building within the Protoss race and was not able to duplicate the stuttering after the first appearance of that unit and animation.

What was most interesting was that it would carry over to the next game. If in game one I made a zealot and got the stutter, I would not see that same result in the rest of the first game and in the games that followed. I am not too sure on what kind of impact my opponent's units would have on the game since I tested it solo but I am assuming it would be the same.

If what you just said is true then SC2's performance has literally become identical to that of D3. Basically each action/animation is being written to a space on your harddrive. And this writing of data is what causes the lag. In D3 some players were able to somewhat alleviate the problem by installing the game on a separate drive. I think I might try to do the same for SC2.
Same Here.

I already had these lag spikes before 1.5 patch but they did tend to go away with time game after game like Potato Mentionned.

Now with patch 1.5 it's just insanely worse like it's unplayable. Worse, from game to game the problem seems to stay now... or much more than before...
Seems like a global issue then, would be nice if we can get official answer from Blizzard.
Same problem, please please fix this. This is the only game out there I find enjoyable and right now the lag spikes and FPS drops are making it unplayable! BLIZZARD LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!
I am having similar issues. My computer was perfectly capable of running Starcraft 2 on Ultra before, now it drops to 0 fps with everything on low.
Just wanted to mention what I did, I also got a lot of FPS drop and stuttering with the patch but it looks like this only happens on full screen, try to run the game on windowed mode (regular window, not window-fullscreen). The window's edge is a bit annoying but you can hide the start menu bar, and make sure you enable the mouse-lock option so it doesn't go out and you can scroll up and down. It improved the game's performance a lot on my end at least.

I still can't see the fog of war though..