Right Clicking in Patch 1.5

Mac Technical Support
It's been 2 days since a Blizzard rep. said, "I'll check this out. Thanks for the report." This is a horrific oversight and noone has gotten back to us. You would think that someone could at least address this issue within 48 hours? I can't imagine that making a key binding for command+click could take too long as it seems pretty standard on macs, but maybe I'm wrong.
Come on Blizzard. Please have some respect for us... an update on a fix would really be appreciated.
I've commented in other threads as well as our stickes that this will be resolved in the next patch. This requires a client patch to resolve.

No date yet, but I'll try to update y'all when I know more.
Same problem, freaking absurd!! who had the "great idea' to remove this function? ralph?

now the game is ruined for tons of mac users
When does the next patch come out? If it's 3 months from now, your Mac audience will have moved on if you wait until the next patch.

From a quality standpoint... I don't have anything good to say folks. Sorry. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't something like this have been discovered during beta?

Blizzard, I hope you change your mind soon and fix this issue and not wait for the next patch.

08/02/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Machkhan
but I'll try to update y'all when I know more.

@Machkhan: Do you know if this issue is Laptops only (PowerBooks and MacBook Pro's) or is it anything running Mac OS X?

Wondering if I will I run into the same issue with an iMac. Anyone know?

Respectfully,
-Art
@Machkhan: Do you know if this issue is Laptops only (PowerBooks and MacBook Pro's) or is it anything running Mac OS X?

Wondering if I will I run into the same issue with an iMac. Anyone know?

Respectfully,
-Art

I have the same problem, but on an iMac. I'm not piling on, just letting you know it's not only the laptops that have the issue.
07/31/2012 01:46 PMPosted by TheGentleman
I just updated to 10.7.4 and now SC2 won't even open. How was this patch in beta for more than a month but nothing was done to accomodate for Mac users?

I am on 1.7.4 and I can play starcraft....though my right clicking does not work either. But as far as being able to open the game and play it, that works just fine
I've commented in other threads as well as our stickes that this will be resolved in the next patch. This requires a client patch to resolve.

No date yet, but I'll try to update y'all when I know more.

The fact that this went through beta without anybody noticing is absolutely absurd. That fact aside you guys need to push a date out on that next patch and make it a priority. Like what has been stated above if you wait a month or two to push this out you will lose a good half of your mac community if not more. This is something that should have been fixed in a hotfix a day after being discovered.
Sorry one more post and then I am done. Anybody reading this thread please request this to be a sticky so anybody else with this problem can see it straight away if they come to the forums and wont stay frustrated like most of us were while we tried to figure this out.
are there seriously this many people playing with a trackpad?! buy a cheap mouse for 10 bucks from anywhere ever, will work insanely better. until then make due with two finger clicking or whatever the built in function for it is on OSX other than cmd click.
dear everyone, buy a mouse,

sincerely
SpongeBob
08/04/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Moondog
are there seriously this many people playing with a trackpad?! buy a cheap mouse for 10 bucks from anywhere ever, will work insanely better. until then make due with two finger clicking or whatever the built in function for it is on OSX other than cmd click.

It's not just track pad users. It's players who use the command-key and left mouse click for move commands. It's been around since SC1 before Brood War. I have an outstanding mouse, but those affected have to learn a new way to move their units (which sucks if you were competing) or wait for a fix.

I'll start practice using a new method tonight but I won't be laddering for a while.

BTW: I found I can map the Z-key as a move key to replace the command click but it's awkward trying to hit is with my thumb. I noticed I use my index or middle finger. Curious how Pro PC users play. Do they use the Control-key and left mouse to do a move command or have they been right mousing their move commands all along? Just wondering how different we Mac users are. Has a Mac user ever been a serious contender on the Pro circuit? I don't know of any but I'm getting seriously off topic now... forgive my ramblings please.
Same problem as well. Control clicking won't work now on my mac after patch 1.5
I have a mac pro with a keyboard and wireless mouse. Control + Click doesn't work. total derp.
How do I revert patch 1.5 on my laptop? I only use it to play on the train on my way to work and don't need b-net.
Same problem here. I know you guys are working on it. And I can understand how complicated programs, updates and a variety of computers make it complicated.... But still, Blizzard is really dropping the ball on SC2 as well as D3. Currently I can't play either since the last patch. D3 has had so many problems and fixes it's pretty much a broken game. And now SC2. It seems to me that someone over there isn't doing their job right.
Just wanted to add my vote to get this fixed ASAP. Also, a patch could be only a few days away. I'd like to play SCII right now but that's not really an option without being able to right click properly.
Ok so since the patch fixed the "right click" problem...how are mac users supposed to control left click to select all the units of the same type if now holding command and left clicking = a right click? As a mac user I was fine before the 1.5.1., but now idk how to control left click.
same here. go back and uncheck swap command and control I guess. It'll take some getting used to.. gah!

I wonder how many mac users play sc with a trackpad vs. a mouse.
The control key is so small that it's impractical to use it for it's intended purpose...and seriously who plays an rts without a mouse? Is that even possible mechanically?!
Command clicking is not working for me either, i use an apple magic mouse as well, but still having the same command clicking problem. Lost three ladder matches in a row because of this :( PLEASE BLIZZ FIX IT (Just talked my little bro into buying it and want to play with him)