Patch 1.5.0 Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
http://i.imgur.com/VCqw4.jpg

yes 219 points lost on a win............... good bug.....
http://i.imgur.com/VCqw4.jpg

yes 219 points lost on a win............... good bug.....

Now THAT is the straw that broke the camel's back. How... HOW much worse could this patch be... Honestly it's like they're not even trying anymore.
one change after patch 1.5 that is to be honest quite annoying. Before 1.5 i would be able to put my macro hatches next to my main hatches without larva or eggs getting in the way. Now, larva and eggs are always blocking macro hatch placement
This entire patch needs to be scrapped, with the exception of the 'minor' bug fixes they did. There is no reason that this interface needs to be there, it completely hurts laddering and basically any type of other play anybody wants to do with the exception of custom games.
Language pack - man they need some !@#$%^-ed Aussie testers already.
In particular I have one that could use addressing -- monobattles appears to have disappeared! Since I play monobattles pretty much every day this makes me very sad. Is it possible to get the monobattles up and running again?

EDIT: I found it, but it is relatively difficult to find.

What did you do? I went to Custom games and selected the Monobattle drop-down, but there were No Games Found. I also searched for "mono" and still nothing. I even went through a bunch of the Popular matches and kept clicking "Show More", but no dice.
Just a quick question. So...do all the people who own Mac OS 10.5.8 or older get their money back because they can't play the game anymore and are no longer supported?
07/31/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Kane

close it, deactivate your firewall, and search in the SC2 folder "sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-Downloader.exe" run that, and that'll do, it happened to me and this is what i did to fix it, i hope it helps

It just started downloading. I'm at 2%. hopefully it works! thanks for the help.

no problem, glad to help, i just started playing it just with the setup, and streaming the rest of the info while i play, i wonder, if i already have all that information in my pc, what the hell am i streaming??
08/01/2012 02:47 AMPosted by BcBroBama
Just a quick question. So...do all the people who own Mac OS 10.5.8 or older get their money back because they can't play the game anymore and are no longer supported?

If they cared about us, they would. But they don't.
Blizz,

any word on when you might release some solid info on how you are going to tackle all of these problems?

I'm just curious when I could expect another patch so that I can play again : /
4.) Some games appearing in the “Join Game” list of the “Custom Games” menu on the StarCraft II side of the client will cause that game to be played using an older balance. As a temporary work around please start lobbies from the “Create Game” page.

This is false, starting a game from the Create Game page does not solve the issue for Daybreak LE on the US server and there may be many more.
Ive noticed i cannot have large amount of psionic units on screen, such as ht, the game crashes on me every time now....ive got a great pc...no reason i should be crashing due to 10-15 ht on screen.....mainly happens in customs but has happened 2 times in ladder
lol nice summary... is that all you actually see wrong with your patch? i think some people need top quit their jobs around here.
Hey Folks,

As many of you may be aware, today was the launch of patch 1.5.0 for StarCraft II. We would like to summarize some of the current issues we have identified with the patch and keep you up to date on our progress finding appropriate solutions.

1.) Viewing certain players’ profiles was causing the client to crash. We have released a temporary fix that allows these profiles to load without crashing, but some ladder related data may not appear. The ladder data is not lost; it is just not being displayed while we work on a long term fix for the issue.

2.) Searching for maps in the Arcade can sometimes not return any results.

3.) Attempting to open version 1.4.4 of StarCraft II, pinned to the task bar, will cause the launcher to go into an infinite loop. Please try launching the game from the installation directory to get around this. We are working on a solution to address this.

4.) Some games appearing in the “Join Game” list of the “Custom Games” menu on the StarCraft II side of the client will cause that game to be played using an older balance. As a temporary work around please start lobbies from the “Create Game” page.

5.) We are getting some early reports that a few people cannot publish their games.

We are rapidly working to solve the issues listed above. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you experience any other problems with the patch over in the [url="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13438/"]Technical Support[/url] and [url="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13440/"]Bug Report[/url] forums.

We look forward to seeing you in-game!
Cloaken, welcome :D

However, some people in this thread do have a point. There is a LOT more wrong with the patch than what you summarized. Please update the list based on what is on the front page.

Thanks.

PS:

The rest of the people in this thread: the patch has been out for about half a day's worth of hours. Cut Blizz some slack to work on the problems a little at a time. Be more respectful in your criticism. Being douches won't help your voice being heard.
08/01/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Dingobloo

We're trying to figure out the problem here:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=357139&currentpage=11

And it looks like the problem is specifically selecting a game with the Popular filter enabled (vs. the other filters). If you create a game from the popular filter, you get the old patch data (which is the default filter). If you create a game with another filter enabled, you get the new patch data.

EDIT: and furthermore it appears to only occur on specific maps. Only Daybreak has this problem with specific filters. Cloud Kingdom does not.
Hey Folks,

As many of you may be aware, today was the launch of patch 1.5.0 for StarCraft II. We would like to summarize some of the current issues we have identified with the patch and keep you up to date on our progress finding appropriate solutions.

SIR,

You missed the biggest issue:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6232273706?page=1

The entire profile is now displaying worthless information.

The information that top players rely on is no longer visible at a quick glance.

There have been 12 threads about this topic in the last 3 hours alone, yet this issue does not make your radar?

Go read the thread I linked to see the impact it has on high end play.

100% agree, theres worthless info in the profile... like "team: Master"... hmm, which team?, 2v2?, 3v3?, 4v4?, random partner?, clan partner?...

Also i dont really like at all focusing all the new patch to maps made by users!!, Starcraft its for ladder and custom games for tournaments... insted of focusing on that, the whole new stuff goes to how cool its to play a tower defense maps ¬¬ ... I dont get it, this game has one of the biggest community and ESports, and a bug its 'custom blizzard games starts with an older version'... WTF!... Many events been calceled because of this, but playing a Nexus Wars works great :(

Im really sad because this upgrades, hope at least this bugs fix soon and we can find somewhere in a hidding place those kind of games called 'ladder'
Maybe someone closed the thing when it said that it wasn't supposed to be closed? I am sure that after Blizzard fixes the bugs everyone will be happy, people get so mad so quickly u.u
I can't even get my game to load. I've tried everything including opening it from the installation directory and all I get is either "There was an error downloading the files" or "Unexpected error downloading files". I can't even open the game anymore which really infuriates me. Nice job Blizzard at breaking the game. FIX IT already since so many people have reported problems in at least seven different forum sections already.
PLease Please Please bring back WINS count. I dont understand why blizzard got rid of the ammount of wins a person has. Whats the point of playing hard, if you cant see how many times its payed off?

Also, when will we be able to host Replays with a party? its ridiculous to have everyone watch their own replay and attempt to stay at the same speed so we can all talk about whats happening? SC1 and BW had this.
After selecting Begin the optimization of the installation, it tells me that the folder I selected cannot be used, please select a different folder. What other folder is it referring to?