Dear Blizzard

General Discussion
Your theory of the quick match system is good. I agree that the leagues are the best way to find good games and keep the game fun for everyone. I am Platinum in 1v1 and I find myself playing against very suitable opponents. However there is a problem with my 2v2 Random. I find myself having a lot of Bronze partners when I am gold, my opponents are Gold and I end up losing because my partner doesn't know the difference between making units and making offensive cannons. If the point of the system is to keep people at a 50% record you are doing a very good job because when I get ahead of that I receive a very bad partner and get steam rolled. My suggestion is the same way you have map preference have partner preference. Have a click box for "unknown leagued partner" or "Same league partner" There are many times I would have rather not played the game out because my partner has been so bad. I am trying to move up to Platinum in 2v2 so hopefully I do not have partners who cannot play the game half as well as I can.
Blizzard's answer to this is that you make friends. Many threads have been made - its clear that arranged teams will continue to fight random teams, so unless you find people to play with you'll continually go up against arranged a good portion of the time.
I don't mind having random partner vs an arranged team. I have a problem with having a bronze partner when I am clearly in gold. I am ranked 4th in my gold league with 600 points. I am getting partners who are in Bronze with record like 7-10 playing against two gold opponents. I tell my partner I am going marines / mauraders and rushing and ask for some help and my opponents builds 1 barracks, 1 factory, 1 starport and have no units as the two zerg players roll him. The game I played before that my partner was protoss and build 3 gateways and a core acting like he was going to warp gate. I kept close eye on the other team and told him they were on the move and he still didn't have units when they rolled him. I saved his base and killed the one while he recovered. He expanded with 2 gateways, no units and did nothing the rest of the game as I finished off the last opponent. I am tired of picking up the slack for my partners, and tired of losing because my partner doesn't know how to play the game. I am in Gold league for 2v2 for a reason, because I am a general understanding of the game. I don't like to get paired with Bronze/silver league players who only understand 3 gate zealots, 2 hatch speed lings, 3 barracks marines/medivacs.
Yeah I've had similar experience in 3v3 Random. You're right - it seems you should get ranked with equal level leagues, but I think that's just Blizz's way of assessing if you're good enough to overcompensate for their weakness and therefore whether or not you should be promoted to plat. It's definitely not fair, but that's the byproduct of having a dynamic ranking system. Get around this by talking to/friendlisting decent players.
To comment on meeting people and having a partner. If they had chatrooms I could find people. However I am left with the forums to find a partner and most people who are around my skill level already have a partner or don't play 2v2. I do have real life friends that I play 2v2 with, but I can't play with them a lot of the time.
you got to 2v2 then just hit post didn't you? he didn't mention a thing about AT v RT, he just wanted to have better partners.

You got to troll and then hit post didn't you?

If you go in with a partner, random bads aren't even an issue. You'd think a diamond player would know this.

If you go in with a partner, random bads aren't even an issue. You'd think a diamond player would know this.

What you're proposing is not the solution to the issues with random team games. If Blizzard wants us to play AT like you say then why even make RT an option?

What you're proposing is not the solution to the issues with random team games. If Blizzard wants us to play AT like you say then why even make RT an option?

RT enables you to meet other to play with.

Also, how is Blizzard supposed to know if you are capable of a higher level league if it does not introduce variations such as a random's lower skill level? Leagues are not meant to be dynamic.

Also, how is Blizzard supposed to know if you are capable of a higher level league if it does not introduce variations such as a random's lower skill level? Leagues are not meant to be dynamic.

RT enables you to play quick games without having to have variables like a friend online and willing to play with you. It's not a friend finder, please link me to your Blizzard source that confirms what you just posted.

Blizzard promotes/demotes based on your hidden MMR which is influenced by nothing but wins, losses and the MMR of your opponents. Your teammate's skill is not a factor, and Blizzard has never given any indication that it is.

Keep pulling stuff out of your ass.
I understand it needs to move players up to higher leagues but when you are bronze you should be looking into going into silver, not gold. Let that player make it to silver, then move up to gold. Two jumps just isn't right, unless they admit that their system fails to place individuals correctly.

RT enables you to play quick games without having to have variables like a friend online and willing to play with you. It's not a friend finder, please link me to your Blizzard source that confirms what you just posted.

Blizzard promotes/demotes based on your hidden MMR which is influenced by nothing but wins, losses and the MMR of your opponents. Your teammate's skill is not a factor, and Blizzard has never given any indication that it is.

Keep pulling stuff out of your ass.

You want me to link sources from Blizzard yet you cite none yourself regarding the hidden MMR theory?
Hi Fidicon,

You're right. You did get a poor match for a partner. I get the impression that the random matching system is not going to get you a player matched to rank, rather it gets you the best available match.

I expect the partner disparity you report arises from a dearth of players available at your rank. I think it reasonable this disparity will be minimized as more players come online and rise throught the rankings.

regards,