you know...why dont protoss use guns?

General Discussion
im not counting the stalker as they are kinda...a walking gun but you cant tell me for all the tech protoss have they dont have guns, it seems like if you arent dead or very close to dead you have to use a sword.

now im not complaining i just dont get why the protoss have to fuse with a machine to use ranged weapons (air units do not apply just talking ground forces)
You will know this when you have met Invisible Protis Sniper.
Immortals have large cannons as arms, looks like guns to me.
Immortals have large cannons as arms, looks like guns to me.

someone did read the post >_>
Maybe its hard to hold guns with two opposable thumbs and two fingers on each hand.
They only have 2 melee units
My question is why high templars don't use a weapon at all?
Becuase they have voidrays.
nuff said.
Maybe its hard to hold guns with two opposable thumbs and two fingers on each hand.

i know it's a different game all together but the elites in halo did just fine when they were kicking my ass >_>

They only have 2 melee units

someone didnt read the post...
Why have guns when you have LAZER BEAMZ
For the same reason Aldaris hated Tassadar. Protoss are closed minded religous lunatics, and since they had their little forearm lightsabers before guns, they refuse to believe that anything else could work better. even if the batteries die and they end up with their soul inside a walking cannon.

Because they can call down huge mofuggin storms? Their in-game abilities shouldn't be mistaken for their ONLY abilities.

They have MIND BULLETS in the form of psionic storms. They do not need swords, when they can just use them MIND BULLETS.

Actually, makes me wonder why they do not just use the mind bullets by default... they could use a means of self defense when running oom.
I didn't read the post... So how about all the lasers they have?
The protoss didn't advance their gun technology because guns aren't really effective against them. It takes like over a dozen shots from a marine to take down a zealot. Because guns are so ineffective against them, they didn't have any incentive to create them until interracial wars broke out with the terran and the zerg. At that point they only had slice-and-dice technology cuz thats what was most effective when they were fighting amongst themselves.
Why have guns when you have LAZER BEAMZ

This. Light travels faster than bullets, and doesn't veer off course over long distances. You don't need to pay attention to things such as wind.

As for why high templar don't have weapons, they do. It's called MIND *%*!... Well, only with feedback to units that have energy.
zealot, dark templar, archon. Am I missing a melee unit?
Actually i dont know why they fight at all, they can apparently burn entire planets if they want.

Zealot: Theres thousands of troops massing for an attack down there! incinerate them all!

Executor: No no no, you go down there and stab one of them instead.

Zealot: :(