Scouting strategys guide

General Discussion
Every bronzeling knows scouting is important but not everyone is good at identifying the strategies that come from each build order. Many of this will be old news for higher division players but they still may find something useful to stop them from prematurely hugging the baneling to something unexpected.

Language:
Quick/early: Any time in the first few min of the game before you have your barracks/gateway/spawning pool up and 14 workers.
Rush: Teching to a unit as fast as possible, usually ignoring previous buildings.
Proxy/Proxies: Any building built outside of the main base.

Universal points:
Scout early around the time you start your first pylon/overlord/supply depot building, earlier if the map has more starting locations then players IE a 8 player map in 2v2.

Don't remove your scout untill you know/think you know what your opponent is up to, 50 minerals for a worker is well worth the information that it can provide.

React to what your opponent does, if your zerg opponent has a pool going up dont spend the minerals on that expansion just yet...

Scout for proxies, sneaky players (especially protoss) will hide buildings all over the map, sometimes even in the corners of your own base.

Shift clicking to set way points can turn the mindless time sink of scouting into a semi automated task so you can focus on more important things.

Protoss:
2 gateways: Stalker or zealot mass
4 gateways: Large mid game push with stalkers and zealots
2 star gates: Void ray rush/mass
Quick forge: Cannon rush or void ray mass
Proxy pylon: Cannon rush,proxy 2 gate push or Dark Templar warp-in
Dark shrine: Dark Templar
Double refinery: Void rays or mass stalkers
Large cannon defense: Void rays
Robotics bay: Colossi

Terran:
2 barracks/w tech lab: Reaper rush, M&M Ball
Factory/w reactor: Hellion harass
4 Barracks: M&M ball
Quick star port/w tech lab: Cloaked banshee rush
Quick engineering bay: Possible planetary fortress rush
Quick Refinery: Reaper or planetary fortress rush
Double refinery: Reapers, tanks, thors or banshees.
Single Refinery late game: Marine mass
Reactor star port: Viking harass, medivac drop or Marine/Marauder/Medivac ball
Reactor star port w/ multiple barracks: Marine/Marauder/Medivac ball
Multiple factorys w/ techlab: Thor mass or seige tanks behind marines/marauders

Zerg:
Quick pool: Ling rush
Ling mass: Mass mutalisk/mutalisk harass
Spire: Mutalisk mass/Mutalisk harass
Baneling nest: Baneling bust
Double refinery: Probable mutalisk harass, possible roach/hydras
Hive/Greater spire: Brood lords
Fast expand with 2 gas: Probable mutalisks
Hydralisk den w/o roach warren: Hydralisk mass
Drone building on your creep: Spine crawler rush

If you disagree w/ any of these or have more you want added post a comment and ill add/change them.

Edit:Grammar and more possible strats
Thanks Maxwell,DaMerc and Ilfirin!

Ah thanks, this is helpful for a nublet like me. . .
Could you also explain what a quick refinery or a double refinery means for each race?
I enjoyed the term Bronzeling.

Post was liked for this reason.
Ok ive gotten the refinery's bit in the post, you can do a lot with 2 refinery's. If anyone finds one of my many grammar/spelling mistakes can you tell me?
wow zerg has so many strategic options at their disposable! they are so unpredictable !
Yeah, i mainly lose to cheese and running out of options badger but lets try to avoid turning this into a balance discussion.
Ok ive gotten the refinery's bit in the post, you can do a lot with 2 refinery's. If anyone finds one of my many grammar/spelling mistakes can you tell me?

but not everyone is good at identifying the strategies that come from with each build order.

fixed.

underlined "with" should be removed.
Bump for all the little bronzelings who aren't reading this thread.

Maybe they'd be more enthusiastic about it if you didn't refer to them as "Bronzelings" like a condescending prick.

Im not trying to be condescending but they are bronzelings just like a hydralisk is a hydralisk, a thor is a thor and a reaper is a pain. I need some way to refer to the player base who aren't pro (like me!, only gold) so im using bronzeling.

Maybe they'd be more enthusiastic about it if you didn't refer to them as "Bronzelings" like a condescending prick.

He didn't come off that way to me. And, he's offering advice. Hardly being a prick.
You might want to include things like "what is considered early", and explain how a newer player can determine time. Other things to include is; "how to scout", "when to scout", "where to scout", and explain how long it takes for that scout to traverse its course.
You might want to include things like "what is considered early", and explain how a newer player can determine time. Other things to include is; "how to scout", "when to scout", "where to scout", and explain how long it takes for that scout to traverse its course.

Thanks ill add a section on this quick!
You may want to include random information like being able to "shift+click" multiple waypoints, or "shift+A+click" multiple waypoints. Small things like that could help out new players.
ill disagree with some of the terran, though im not super good or anything:
1rax w/ tech-reapers
2rax w/tech-marauders/marines
rax w/ reactor-early rine rush
starport w/ reactor-if he has a rax with a tech lab, MMM, if not, prolly viking rush

you mentioned engi bay->plan fort twice, and you arent counting how important marauders are in general to terran strat

edit: good post btw, good info!
ill disagree with some of the terran, though im not super good or anything:
1rax w/ tech-reapers
2rax w/tech-marauders/marines
rax w/ reactor-early rine rush
starport w/ reactor-if he has a rax with a tech lab, MMM, if not, prolly viking rush

you mentioned engi bay->plan fort twice, and you arent counting how important marauders are in general to terran strat

edit: good post btw, good info!

Took out the second Engineering bay: Planetary fortress rush and im going to break up the starport into more specific starts. I stand by the 2 rax w/tech being reapers, its how they pump out the spine crawler killing drone murdering swarms i detest.

Im not trying to be condescending but they are bronzelings just like a hydralisk is a hydralisk, a thor is a thor and a reaper is a pain. I need some way to refer to the player base who aren't pro like me so im using bronzeling.

Lol! I didn't think you were being ccondescending until you mentioned that you needed some way of differentiating us from the "pro" gold players like you! Other than that, good post. Very helpful.
Fixed, sorry meant it with the gist of "im not pro" but i can see how it could come out like an ego rant.
One of the problems that arise from this is in the lower leagues. Scouting what your opponent is doing is great for sure but not if your opponent doesn't really even know what he is doing. He might randomally make 2 gysers but not really have any reason for it other then just making stuff.