PC Crashing with ATI HD <Vital Question>

Technical Support
I have 2 5850's in crossfire, and am having no problems at all using either the 10.8 or 10.9 drivers, what drivers are you guys using?

Just for reference:
2 5850's Crossfire
Phenom II x4 965
4GB RAM
Win7 Home Premium x64
ATI radeon HD 4600 series.
I have tried suggestion from 3 differnt blizzard tech and only one realized it may be the game at fault. They think their games are so damn perfect. It will be a perfect game if services was better.
Cross finger that blizzard realizes this problem
Hey Blizzard, anyday you want to fix this critical issue, that would be fantastic....

What sense is it you offered the framerate cap in the beginning to slightly fix the problem... but than released the latest patch that recreates the same problem??

Do you guys have enough money to buy 10 billion video cards??
If not, I suggest you get on this problem.... it only took you 2 or more years to make this game, and you have issues like this.. hahaha
i7 920
HD5850
6GB RAM
No problems hurr
Interl Core i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
12.0 GB Ram
64 bit operating system
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Catalyst 10.8

Having problems.... theres no way...
The game was set to run ultra before I even looked at options.. I should not be having trouble.

Plus my case has these fans + my graphic card fan
Top 1 x 120mm exhaust, 1200rpm, 19dBA
Bottom 3 x 180mm intake fan 700/1000rpm, 18/27dBA
Bumpy.
I agree completely with the bump
Starcraft 2 fried my vid card. I'm getting blue lines stretching across the screen now and it will rarely boot up. It happened when I was in a 1v1 game. I've heard of other Nvidia 8 series owners reporting that their video card has died while playing sc2 as well. I'm going to try the oven bake method when I get home and if it works, update or downgrade my drivers. Thanks starcraft 2....
Thank you for the sticky!
i have ati 5830 updated with no problems
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (Updated driver)

That is your problem, anyone i know that has a ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series does not work with SC2, we don't know who to blame, either Blizzard, or ATI. But someone is at fault, and no one will fix it.

P.S. I have ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

I have a HD5870 and have 0 problems. Although, I did have this issue before I RMA'd my first card. XFX tested the card and it was bad. My replacement is 100% functional at ultra everything with no lag.

Spitting lies because you think you are correct, helps no one.
1) Set core affinity to 2 cores in task manager (i.e. no hyperthreading)
2) Set SC2 priority to high in task manager
3) Disable powerplay
4) Turn on catalyst AI to advanced

I did those things and my issue was fixed. Maybe only one of the four actually helped the issue, but you'll have to find out yourself.
1) Set core affinity to 2 cores in task manager (i.e. no hyperthreading)
2) Set SC2 priority to high in task manager
3) Disable powerplay
4) Turn on catalyst AI to advanced

I did those things and my issue was fixed. Maybe only one of the four actually helped the issue, but you'll have to find out yourself.

For sure. PoRT's suggestion is comprehensive (at least to your problem in specific.)

Also make sure paged pool is not limited. Limited paged pool can result in a BSOD, stuttering, or (rarely) black screens.

[right click] Computer > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > [virtual memory box, observe total paging file for all drives]