PotatoLiSK's Guide to Necrobumping

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
Psst, let it die and in a few months necro bump it.
08/09/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Daxxarri
This triggers a profound physiological change. Rational brain cells switch off. Cortisol and epinephrine begin flooding the unfortunate victim's body. Spasmodically, their fingers involuntarily unleash a blast of incredulous forum rage on the OP... an OP who is long gone, and who will never see the words directed at them. The infection spreads as others pile into the thread, page numbers fly upward as all involved become embroiled in the calamity. Total chaos, mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together.

:D
08/09/2012 03:14 PMPosted by DreadLocK
I am going to try to bump this thread every day.

As long as you never press the "create thread" button ever again do whatever the hell you want
To late he just did, and it got deleted as soon as he made it.
Total chaos, mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together.

Completely and totally epic Ghostbusters reference. Daxx... you win the internet!
who would do such a thing?
scumbags, thats who
I've always wondered why people don't like seeing old threads come back to life.

Mostly, it's about making sure that the discussion stays relevant. For example, if someone dredges up a discussion from the middle of last year, the content of the OP has a high likelihood of not applying to the current metagame. Otherwise innocent forum posters could wander into the thread and see that someone is expressing a reservation about something that's already been addressed. This triggers a profound physiological change. Rational brain cells switch off. Cortisol and epinephrine begin flooding the unfortunate victim's body. Spasmodically, their fingers involuntarily unleash a blast of incredulous forum rage on the OP... an OP who is long gone, and who will never see the words directed at them. The infection spreads as others pile into the thread, page numbers fly upward as all involved become embroiled in the calamity. Total chaos, mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together.

And thats just best case scenario.
Well if everyone feels so strongly about it, then why don't you push Blizzard to automatically lock all threads that are older than X number of days (for example) or something constructive like that?

The way I see it, it doesn't really make sense to allow people to do something on the forum and then get all mad when it happens...if it bothers everyone so much, then just work to change the way the forums work to reflect your preferences!
Well if everyone feels so strongly about it, then why don't you push Blizzard to automatically lock all threads that are older than X number of days (for example) or something constructive like that?

The way I see it, it doesn't really make sense to allow people to do something on the forum and then get all mad when it happens...if it bothers everyone so much, then just work to change the way the forums work to reflect your preferences!
Is not possible!
Do not do it.

Examples of threads to necro:

Examples of threads not to necro:
ALL OF THEM

I actually lol'd not many things make me literally lol
Do not do it.

ALL OF THEM

I agree.
Do not do it.

ALL OF THEM

I agree.

A bit too early in my opinion.
Do not do it.

ALL OF THEM

I agree.

Too soon.
Be patient people. Don't necrobump this until at least half a year. Then, one can truly have a good laugh over it.

Hope it's a forum mod like Dax or Cloaken who does the honors.
09/07/2012 09:32 PMPosted by blitz
Hope it's a forum mod like Dax or Cloaken who does the honors.

Dax has the sense of humor for it. Cloaken, in my opinion, he hasn't had a huge impact on the community yet, so it's hard for me to accurately judge.
This isn't even much of a Necro bump... now you're going to have to wait an additional 6 months.
Eh still a necro none the less...
09/07/2012 09:44 PMPosted by HeReTiC
Someone should necro one of the oldest threads in the forum (they'll be dated 7/27/2010).

I wana but im scarde what would happen if I did...