I'm getting a new computer

Off Topic Dicussion
I'm looking for a cheap computer that can stream at a minimum of medium while I play, I can afford up to a $500 computer. My dad is telling me that I should get a bare bones kit and it should be able to do this. If a $300-500 dollar bare bones kit can stream at higher than medium I'll gladly take that option.
If you have an old computer, most of the stuff can be recycled into your new system. If all the stuff works good, you might just need a motherboard, cpu, gpu and maybe some more ram.
For 500 you can get one that runs SC at at least high.

Try this, On cyber Monday (coming up soon) Acquire these parts.
Hard Drive
Case
Graphics card
Operating system
Processor
Motherboard
Ram
Good fan for processor & heat sync lube er something like that.
---
Get these from,
Newegg.com
Tigerdirect.com
Amazon.com
---
This way you can optimize what you get for 500 dollars, and trust me, I've done this so many times, and build REALLY nice computers for SUPER cheap.

If your a bit confused, google it. Or better yey, watch YouTube walkthroughs.
My old computer is going on 7 years old and can play Starcraft on low, at about 40 FPS. Only thing I've updated about it in the past 2.5 years was the monitor because my old 4:3 died. I'm looking to replace the entire thing because it's very old, even the hard drive degraded from a 250GB to only 120GB. I'm trying some google searches for comps that can run SC2 on High and Ultra but it doesn't say anything about streaming when I look.

For 500 you can get one that runs SC at at least high.

Try this, On cyber Monday (coming up soon) Acquire these parts.
Hard Drive
Case
Graphics card
Operating system
Processor
Motherboard
Ram
Good fan for processor & heat sync lube er something like that.
---
Get these from,
Newegg.com
Tigerdirect.com
Amazon.com
---
This way you can optimize what you get for 500 dollars, and trust me, I've done this so many times, and build REALLY nice computers for SUPER cheap.

If your a bit confused, google it. Or better yey, watch YouTube walkthroughs.

This is helpful, but do you have any parts you'd recommend for streaming on medium, high, or ultra?
Try and get a bundle pack from tigerdirect.com or newegg.com, those are pretty good.
This article is a year old but actually lists the components for a $500 gaming PC so it might be a good start.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2394156,00.asp
I'm looking for a cheap computer that can stream

A lot of this has to do with your internet connection not your computer specs.
10/01/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Krystal
I'm looking for a cheap computer that can stream

A lot of this has to do with your internet connection not your computer specs.

I have a good connection(15-25Mb down 5Mb up). I've never had a computer that could stream well, my current computer can't even stream myself playing Osu.
Hey Kokoro, I priced out a system for you. Hope this helps!

$40 Case: Antec Three Hundred
$15 DVD Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST
$55 Harddrive: Western Digital WD5000AAKX
$35 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB
$70 Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H
$70 Processor: Intel Pentium G860
$140 Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6850 ($100 Alternative: Radeon HD 7770)

$425 Total

$50 Assembly
OS Required?

This would be an awesome system, and do exactly what you want on a tight budget. You can spend a little less or a little more in certain areas depending on what you can afford. I'm in Canada and use NCIX.com for all my computer purchases. They offer service for US customers @ http://us.ncix.com/ as well. They have EXCELLENT customer service, with one of the best price matching systems in the industry. Cheers.

Awesome thanks
10/01/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Snafu
Awesome thanks

You're welcome :)

I thought I would also mention if you like AMD product this would also be very good and might be a little better for streaming due to more cores. TBH I would tend to lean more towards this, even though the processor is a little older it's more powerful, and can be overclocked easily with the stock cooler.

$90 Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965
$55 Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M

So.. your system could look like this:

$40 Case: Antec Three Hundred
$15 DVD Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST
$55 Harddrive: Western Digital WD5000AAKX
$35 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB
$55 Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M
$90 Processor: Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965
$100 Graphics Card: Radeon HD 7770

$390 TOTAL

I see, and with this I'd be able to stream at medium at a constant 60FPS?
Alrighty, thanks. I believe your name prior to Snafu was Hammer, yes?