need some serious help about fps

Off Topic Dicussion
my lappy has some terrible fps... and it goes down to 0 when 200/200 army engage each other. a lot of games are lost just like that, without fighting.

Previously i was playing in the internet cafe, which there is no FPS or screen freeze problem. Sometimes i wonder how do they maintain their computer, those machines can run 24/7 without catching fire..

i tried everything, put battery on high performance, set all graphic setting to low, editted that little notepad file and set every graphic to minimum. now my starcraft 2 looks just like warcraft 3.

even my warcraft 3 doesnt have this screen freeze problem.

i have 2 GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon HP5430. Screen resolution of 1366X 768. by right starcraft 2 shudnt be a problem for me right? but why when i play the screen keeps on going freeze and my fps drops to 0...?

what shud i do now? the only way i can play now is cheese...
The problem is you're on a laptop, with what we can hardly can call a graphics card. You're going to need to be running in strictly low graphics, and even then a lot of custom maps may be unplayable. Especially if you have other programs running in the background (because then you have insufficient RAM).

Really the only way you should legitimately fix this problem is to buy a different computer.

I know people hate that answer, but that is sadly the truth.
my lappy has some terrible fps... and it goes down to 0 when 200/200 army engage each other. a lot of games are lost just like that, without fighting.

Previously i was playing in the internet cafe, which there is no FPS or screen freeze problem. Sometimes i wonder how do they maintain their computer, those machines can run 24/7 without catching fire..

i tried everything, put battery on high performance, set all graphic setting to low, editted that little notepad file and set every graphic to minimum. now my starcraft 2 looks just like warcraft 3.

even my warcraft 3 doesnt have this screen freeze problem.

i have 2 GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon HP5430. Screen resolution of 1366X 768. by right starcraft 2 shudnt be a problem for me right? but why when i play the screen keeps on going freeze and my fps drops to 0...?

what shud i do now? the only way i can play now is cheese...

Blizzards definition of minimum requirement's mean: You can get the game to load, gaming experience will be, at minimum, an unpleasant experience. Recommend spec's means you can play on low settings comfortably and your experience will mildly less stressful. Again from blizzard's perspective and not the perspective of the rest of the technological world. Its a cold hard fact about all their game's.

The other Fact is your laptop barely meets the minimum requirement's. The 5430 is a very low end card. it was low end when it was designed. In fact it was the lowest end Mobile 5400 series model made.

Your performance is right on par for your specs. You cant upgrade a laptop . Your best alternative is to get a new system.

You can try other things but it may be a waste of time. But here you go. Read the sticky on computer maintenance. Turn all the graphics settings to their minimum. Make sure you update your OS (XP SP3, Vista SP2, Win 7 SP1), driver's and all hardware. Do not use any beta driver's. Also make sure you have the latest BIOS and chip-set driver.

Your system is very outdated and it may be tough to find everything you need. It will be buried deep in the laptop manufacturer's website.

But, give it a shot. I doubt it will do you much good but it may not hurt to try, i guess.

Good luck.
Hi everyone,

I might have the magic answer for a lot of you out there who's cpu should be good enough but still lags like hell and have low fps. I usually have between 55 and 100 fps when i play starcraft 2 but when I went to a friend it was just unplayable same cpu same everything. came back home still had 0 fps there was no reason for that other than.... my fan wasn't plugged in. plugged the fan in and voila, problem solved. i have a laptop of course. so if you have a laptop try to get a fan because your cpu is overheating and it runs lower so the system don't crash. if you have a desktop, try to clean the fan or give it some space for the fan to work properly.

I hope this will help some people, if not well, I tried.

thank you for reading
Douglasss
Run the "Unit Preloader" every time you launch the game. It can be found in the arcade and simply takes you to a map in which every action by every unit and structure is performed at the same time, to preload everything. It boosts performance quite a lot.