Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 14)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
10/22/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Fantasy
While the accuser's characters can transform, manipulate air, and instantly cause things to combust, or freeze in place."

Which of my characters do these things? Besides, my primary issue isn't necessarily with his logic-defying powers.

I just dislike Abel.
Oh, I didn't know this was an event, I just thought it was a topic being discussed.

anyways,

I GOT A HOTS BETA TESTING INVITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ALSKFJG;WRGJNAOI;4HQAKLGF
Congrats. How bout ya buy us a round to celebrate?
"Bartender, every drink that is bought for the rest of today is on me!"
OH YES

"Zanon, I'll take three thousand, nine hundred, forty two Prismatic Voids and a Baneling Body Shot."
-_-

What's weird is I didn't even opt in for one. Im not a MVP or anything. As a matter of fact, I just started playing WoL a few days ago :S

So wait... does that mean I get HOTS free?
Yes! You get it completely free!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no.
Darn >_<

Oh well. It will be fun while it lasts...
@MarkusDaWise
It's the beta, not retail game. Still, congrats. Wish I got in.
======
I don't know why I'm writing this when the case is finito but I need something to stimulate my brain and I feel like arguing so here goes...

Well, that's one reason why I left PKA because character strengths were stretching what I considered to be the norm and you had to be a psionic character to compete with the others or do anything remotely useful generally speaking. (Almost) everyone is psionic now in PKA and I see why people want to have that power but it's just...boring? Psionic power shouldn't be that prevalent and powerful especially if a terran wields it. But I understand that this is RPing so we have artistic freedom to do what we wish.

I consider the strongest psionic powers in this order: Hybrids, Infested Kerrigan/Protoss, and Terrans/Zergs so I know what are the limits of their powers which is why I am hesitant in RPs that liberally give out upgrades as there is a certain threshold when I can not suspend my disbelief within the SC2 universe.

Granted, the laws of physics are still theories so there is a minuscule chance that they can be changed and the RPs are sci-fi. They may break down in some convoluted umpteenth dimension but we aren't in those dimensions 99% of the time and having some things grounded just makes things easier I think. You can invoke Clarke's Third Law in regards to psionic powers and I'll give you that but some moderation regarding the power is good.

Not saying any character is bad or mary sue as it's well within the constraints of the RP. It's just meh when I read the abilities that doesn't make much sense. Some RPs don't fit with my tastes.

To each their own I guess. Back to RPing after being crippled in bed and doing papers nonetheless.
Crippled in bed? What happened to you?
10/22/2012 04:15 PMPosted by smylez
Well, that's one reason why I left PKA because character strengths were stretching what I considered to be the norm and you had to be a psionic character to compete with the others or do anything remotely useful generally speaking. (Almost) everyone is psionic now in PKA and I see why people want to have that power but it's just...boring? Psionic power shouldn't be that prevalent and powerful especially if a terran wields it. But I understand that this is RPing so we have artistic freedom to do what we wish.

Agreed

I consider the strongest psionic powers in this order: Hybrids, Infested Kerrigan/Protoss, and Terrans/Zergs so I know what are the limits of their powers which is why I am hesitant in RPs that liberally give out upgrades as there is a certain threshold when I can not suspend my disbelief within the SC2 universe.

Agreed, but what do you mean "there is a certain threshold when I can not suspend my disbelief within the SC2 universe?"

Granted, the laws of physics are still theories so there is a minuscule chance that they can be changed and the RPs are sci-fi.

The laws of physics have moved past the theory state and have become a law according to the scientific method.

Not saying any character is bad or mary sue as it's well within the constraints of the RP. It's just meh when I read the abilities that doesn't make much sense. Some RPs don't fit with my tastes.

200% agree

To each their own I guess. Back to RPing after being crippled in bed and doing papers nonetheless.

Are you crippled in bed or something?

All my arguing goes along with Smiley faces and no hard feelings :)
I just have fun with RPs.
I get how Abel's ridiculous speed is annoying to many people, and his counterarguments regarding the death ray, Cayl's armor, and Marduk's crazy buffs/debuffs.
That aside, after the Abel mission, there will be a partners event. That's right- get into pairs and hold your own. Enjoy.
*finishes nine-hundredth Prismatic Void*

Oh... man... need to... slow... down...

I agree with virtually everything Smylez just said.
10/22/2012 04:29 PMPosted by MarkusDaWise
Agreed, but what do you mean "there is a certain threshold when I can not suspend my disbelief within the SC2 universe?"

Since the majority of RPs takes place in the SC2 universe, there are things that acts as parameters for how an object interacts after reading up on lore and the like. I know more about the universe so I have a better idea of how things work. When that line is crossed, I just question whether that can occur but I won't completely challenge it unless it is blatantly not going to happen. Of course, I still consider the context of the RP.

10/22/2012 04:27 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Crippled in bed? What happened to you?

A bit of a hyperbole but it was crippling. I'd rather not talk about it. I spent most of my days just resting and doing nothing but papers in a debilitated state which sucked. I occasionally browsed general in a bit of my spare time.
The laws of physics have moved past the theory state and have become a law according to the scientific method.

It is a misconception that the laws of physics MUST be true because the scientific method has proved them.

The reality is that only ONE exception needs to be found to invalidate a law of physics.

Also, these laws are based on limited human understanding of the universe. To quote someone else:

No. By definition, they can't be broken.

However, our *understanding* of the laws can be shown to be wrong. And our understanding is certainly incomplete. So a statement of a law of physics can be broken.

So how can we tell the difference between a law, and the mere statement of a law? That's the tricky part.
^What Zanon said.

I'll do World's End tomorrow.

EDIT:
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!
I've gone across RPing areas, and I found that an RP I used to participate in on another site, under the name of "Julia", has reached the equivalent of 46 threads.
This angered me slightly.
Since, however, the 'Poltergeist plotline' reaches across 33 threads, I am given a new goal. To overtake "Julia" at all costs.
Rally, Mohawks, and take out your axes! Tell King George we'll pay no taxes on his foreign tea!
*suspiciously*

Exactly what defines the "Poltergeist plotline?"
If you combine everything that relates to PKA...