This is Their Story: Chapter III

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
With us since we never left the basement. You now know what Kain's mission was.
IC:
Turmoil rips through my mind as I consider the latest turn of events.
...so that's why I left... for safety reasons... but then why was Jared with me? and where were we going?...
I see something in my dreams again.

I was arguing with a high ranking military commander about bombing a village full of innocents, in the end I was expelled from the military. I find myself joining up with a mercenary group, dedicated to helping out innocents. I found myself saving small towns from attacks. I then find myself on the very same dropship I was on at the moment and was arguing with a man in heavy CMC armor. He placed a gun to my head and uttered the words, "We're going to do these, or I will blow your f*cking brains out." I sneer and nod in reply.

I wake up. "Well. That's interesting." I put my armor back on and was about to exit to head to the next outpost when I saw a small four wheeled vehicle, some sort of ATV. I jump on and rev it for a second before taking off out of the blocked up door.
"Best hope is trying to find something at the end of this hallway." I point to a reinforced metal door at the end of the hallway.
I nod. "Agreed. Stefan, let's go." I lead the way, watching for any other ways around.
IC:
With a shake of my head I clear my thoughts, following Jared.
...enough, this can wait for a safer moment...
With the flip of a switch, I bring my advanced sensors online, 'seeing'...
DM: The door. It's advanced materials allow nothing to be seen or heard behind it.

"See anything?" I say right behind him.
OOC:
I was thinking around him as well; through the walls, celling, power signatures, bio scans, etc.

IC:
"I can't see anything past that door; I'm not sure what its made of, but my scanners can't get through it."
I reach and feel another energy inside me, this one brown, like the..."Earth! I have an idea." I place a hand on the floor, and feel out the vibrations of anything touching it, on the other side of the door I see...
OOC: Took me a bit to write that...

DM: you feel something across the ground. Alive but not exactly moving around. Its not big, but its spread out among the floor. Also about 4 stationary objects.
OOC:
you could have kept that...

IC:
With the barest tap to my thrusters, I skim down the hall and inspect the door.
"Well, whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be intent on moving. Stefan, what about those things behind us?"
"Interesting..."
IC:
"No idea. Let me check."
Turning, I look down the hallway from where we came. My sensors reach out, 'seeing'...
DM: About a dozen lizard-like creatures with claws above their heads moving towards us.
IC:
...!@#$
"Cover!!"
I yell. Flicking the munition type to frag, I loose a quick round into them, shrapnel flying from the explosive rounds.
DM: Only the ones in the front row are killed, the others momentum is lost by the shockwave of the explosion, or shrapnel. The rest charge even faster.

IC:"Alright then. Time to open it."
I take a black and white rectangular object off of my belt, about the size of a 1980's phone. I press a button on it and then, there unfolds my rifle I carved the name of "Huntsman" into it.
"Fun time." I then fire 3 Soul Canister charged 14x99mm(slightly larger than the .50caliberBMG round) and it only dents it. I then say
"Well then. Looks like I need to resort to old techniques." I run up to the door, lashing out on it with a series of kicks, and joint-jabs. I only dent it more, lightly injuring myself, but on my final kick, my leg was enveloped with a dark energy, increasing its power, making the deeper dent.
"I need to remember to try doing that consciously..." I say holding my arms.
"Keep me covered. I'll try melting a hole where you dented it." I ignite Ignus and stab it in, moving slowly in a circle.
IC:
"...damn these things are tough..."
I grunt to myself. With a quick couple of taps, I load a single anti-tank explosive shot. Sending it squarely into the center of them, I follow it up with two frag rounds.

OOC:
SW ep1; Qui Gon Jin FTW.
I nod and crouch down and fire charged and uncharged rounds among the beasts.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum