Buy HotS @ Gamestop

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
I preordered the collectors edition and there was no beta key and the clerk said that there wasn't anything showing up in the computer for beta access. I'm going to pick up Hitman Absolution on tuesday, so I'll try again then to see if I can get a beta key.
Not sure what to think here, but since Amazon and other retailers are giving away Beta keys if you order from them, it does seem legit.

However as to whether you actually GET the key from EB/Gamestop, seems almost entirely up to whoever is serving you at the cash register.

Or if there is some strange rule around only giving beta keys to customers who order the standard edition, but not the collector's.
if you buy from amazon they send you a beta key as well, but they don't charge you until the game is released. check out TL for the info
I just pre ordered the Collectors Edition from Amazon, and they said they'll get back to me in 2 business days with a beta code. Which is kind of odd because indeed on the main page of the collectors edition it says 4 business days. So I'll respond to this thread when I get my key from Amazon (they email it) hopefully in 2 days but possibly more.
Same. The guy at the store even called the regional manager, and she said they weren't doing the pre-order bonus yet.

But more and more evidence seems to be pointing to the possibility that gamestop is giving these out by accident.

I checked at one gamestop, they said they weren't sure if they were doing anything like that, but they weren't sure it wasn't happening either. He seemed very unsure.
So I checked another gamestop just to see if they had more of an idea, and they said there was a code, but they weren't sure if it was the right one.
I decided to pre-order it anyways (while kind of wishing I could spring for the collectors edition), and they saw the key at the bottom. They said 'I guess we both learned something'

So, maybe they aren't supposed to be giving them out yet... >.>
amazon says this now:

Pre-order Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and get beta access. Beta Access codes will be sent starting on Tuesday, November 20, 2012. We will email your code within 2 business days after you place your pre-order for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Standard or Collector’s Edition. Offers are valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
Just got receipt from Gamestop w/ Beta key on it! I'm not able to install the beta right now though, for reasons specific to me. Do you need the Beta installed before you can post on the beta forum?
BTW..
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/134z7q/wheni_preordered_at_gamestop_today_my_receipt_had/

thanks again for reminding me when i should never help out people on these forums.

Shut up. Helping is not making bull!@#$ up.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm/97856
this is from online?
yurp i got the hots beta key with no additional cost
11/14/2012 12:05 PMPosted by CheeseZerger
I preordered the collectors edition and there was no beta key and the clerk said that there wasn't anything showing up in the computer for beta access. I'm going to pick up Hitman Absolution on tuesday, so I'll try again then to see if I can get a beta key.

Neither did mine; I just called about this, and they said they have the keys, and if I bring in my receipt they'll give me one. I think it's a glitch where it doesn't recognize the collector's edition as being the same game.
Just got a beta key at gamestop to confirm! woot! woot!

Guy working there was surprised as me when it printed out on the receipt :)
Wait, I just digitally bought the Deluxe version off the Blizzard website. It was 65 stinking bucks! Am I not going to get beta, while the guys who ordered the game of amazon for 40 are?!
Yeah this is lousy if people who preorder the game from blizzard themselves don't get a beta key.
$5 at gamestop for "heart of the storm" beta access
I just went to the store and preordered it. It told me to go to their code redemption site, but when I went there, there was no selection available for Starcraft. I'm stuck with a useless receipt until they fix their website.
I preordered the Collector's Edition this morning and I didn't get a beta key, luckily for me I won a contest for beta access, if I happen to get a key I may give it away.
Blizzard, can we please have an official statement? We are all wondering how this whole beta thing is working out...
He's right! I just went and pre-ordered the Collector's edition and got a key on my receipt, downloading right now!