Barcode names

Protoss Discussion
"Currently there are lots of barcode in Korean Ladder. We are trying to add more features so that players don't have to use barcode. We are constantly discussing how we should takle this problem."

I really would like to see clicking a box so that your name shows up to the other player as "Anonymous Coward", if not something more demeaning. :)
That would be hilarious, I must admit.
i agree but also this really helps when you play in tournaments.
let's say that you're in a tourny, a guy you never heard of. ends up destroying you.
because you didnt know who he was... if you know who he was, you know his style...
in a tourny, theres a great chance youll vs someone new.
when you vs a barcode, the pressure of the unknown increases your urgency to play all out.
it actually helps you more than it helps barcode players.

when pros get famous, non famous players study how pros play... thus it's now about the opponents knows your style while you dont know his. thats how you can also understand what barcoded players are. but the way how they ruin the ladder is just BS. its like they have 2 GM standings, while ruining other players a chance to stay in GM.
i agree but also this really helps when you play in tournaments.
let's say that you're in a tourny, a guy you never heard of. ends up destroying you.
because you didnt know who he was... if you know who he was, you know his style...
in a tourny, theres a great chance youll vs someone new.
when you vs a barcode, the pressure of the unknown increases your urgency to play all out.
it actually helps you more than it helps barcode players.

when pros get famous, non famous players study how pros play... thus it's now about the opponents knows your style while you dont know his. thats how you can also understand what barcoded players are. but the way how they ruin the ladder is just BS. its like they have 2 GM standings, while ruining other players a chance to stay in GM.

Seems fair.
Just change the damned font! "Oo0()" "1iILl" is all the same in game that one have to check if it is IT or LT.
I agree but also this really helps when you play in tournaments.

I understand that if you're practicing something for a tournament, you don't want someone to know your style, so having a built-in way to handle it rather than a new account is a good thing. But I also salute the players who don't do this, and the best way to do it is by gently mocking the anonymous. Seems fair to me.
Hahaha that would be great. I'm still trying to figure out the point of those names, and it's the end of 2013, right now.

Imagine athletes doing that--a pitcher walks out to the mound with a ski mask and a uniform with "lllllllll" on the back. That'll teach those batters to think metagame before the reach the plate.
Hahaha that would be great. I'm still trying to figure out the point of those names, and it's the end of 2013, right now.

Imagine athletes doing that--a pitcher walks out to the mound with a ski mask and a uniform with "lllllllll" on the back. That'll teach those batters to think metagame before the reach the plate.

It's REALLY really simple. Because pros are the best in the game (thus the title 'pro') they face each other constantly up at their GM ladder. Playing barcode accounts prevents other pros from knowing who they're playing on ladder, so they can practice new strategies without fear of the fellow pros studying who is using what strats.
Had a 2v2 with a barcode name as my partner the other day, and I was overconfident.

He teamkilled me.