Oh boy.....(Regarding the Election)

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
"What do you feel about Romney selecting a gay VP?"
*nonsense answer, person thought it was true*

The funniest one was, what do yoo think will happen If Mit Romney gets re-elected? Do you think his black skin helps sway the public?

This is just... sad... That's all I got to say about it..
I recall during Obama's first campaign one of the Republican news outlets interviewed some people off the street.
One of the questions was "Does it bother you that Obama has selected a woman as his vice president?"

As any (informed) voter knew, it was McCain who selected a woman as his VP candidate.

Yet, this is what the man on the street had to say: "No man, It doesn't bother me at all."

My mom told me about that. That is bad, but they probably showed the worst people. Not everyone is like that.

EDIT:
11/07/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Duke
Because we're smarter.

Please don't start a flame war. The debate is fine, but don't actively insult people.
@TC:
That's true.. I'm glad we've got another four years of Obama, it should give enough time for the affects of his policies to really take hold and get America up and running again.
One thing I noticed earlier was ALOT of Conformation Bias. I mean, it was absurd...

Also, Obama lied about Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the reasons I don't like him.
At least he has experience in office this time, if McCain had ran, I would've voted him. McCain is tough and I think he would've done a good job. When Obama won at his age, I was worried. I said that I thought people voted him in just so they could have a black president just to make that leap. I think that Obama should have lost four years ago and then ran this year when he was more experienced, because McCain probably wouldn't go for a second term at his age. Funny, I'm so much younger than and at 15 I thought he was inexperienced. This year, I trusted Obama more than I trusted Romney. I voted Obama. And !@#$ proposal 6.
I voted Romney, not because I'm a bloody racist, but because I felt he could do better. The whole damn thing isn't about what the people want anyways. Freaking Electoral college is broke to hell.
This would have been a powerhouse team.

Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell.
11/07/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Dacder
Also, Obama lied about Iraq and Afghanistan. One of the reasons I don't like him.

Um, I haven't looked into that enough to say wether or not I agree, but I do feel that Obama's much better that Romney in foreign policy.
I HATE when people try to make this about race. Oh, what's that? There is a black guy running for president? Do I care? NOPE! Why? Because...I don't care about his race, AT ALL! I think he isn't a very good president.

Seriously, when people imply your racist if you don't vote Obama, it makes me sick to my stomach.

11/07/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Warhawk

Um, I haven't looked into that enough to say wether or not I agree, but I do feel that Obama's much better that Romney in foreign policy.
I don't care what he says when he lied last time. "We will pull out of the middle east...", oh wait, we're still there!
11/07/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Dacder

This tends to happen a lot. The president and his cabinet are entitled to secret information no one else can have. Some people suggest there is actually a book with the secrets. I saw a show on it called something like "The President's Book of Secrets" on the Discovery channel. Either way, there is secret information that only the president knows. I'm sure when the candidates are making all their claims and all their promises, the people in charge of that information are just groaning. Then the candidate wins, is brought in the office, and sat down in a dark, quiet, and sound proof room. The holders of those secrets come in and say, "Yeah, about those promises. It's a LITTLE more complicated than that." The winner just has to hope to God that doesn't happen, because it just looks so bad when it turns out they can't deliver.
11/07/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Zarkun
I voted Romney, not because I'm a bloody racist, but because I felt he could do better. The whole damn thing isn't about what the people want anyways. Freaking Electoral college is broke to hell.

I have one thing to say to that. Would you have been happy if Romney won WITHOUT the popular vote?
11/07/2012 05:21 PMPosted by Dacder
Seriously, when people imply your racist if you don't vote Obama, it makes me sick to my stomach.

No one implied that.
11/07/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Thecommander
No one implied that.

You're right, nobody did. Dac's just saying that it pisses him off when people do, that's all.
First of all...Obama is not black, he is biracial.
Because we're smarter.

It was mean somewhat sarcastically.

The reason Obama won, I think, was that Americans are simply to ignorant.
11/07/2012 05:26 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
First of all...Obama is not black, he is biracial.
True, but he is known as being "black" because of it.
Actually, he was supposed to pull us out by December last year. Signed agreement.
Yeah, but things don't always work out as planed. We have gotten a good deal of our people out of there, though.
Yeah the majority. We have people in Kuwait. No one's talking about that.
Sigh, this is reminding me of a statement/quote;

"The two most disgusting processes ever; the making of sausage and politics."
Yeppers. Made fun of almost as much as lawyers. There is a reason I didn't like Michigan's proposal six.
I was surprised when I found out. I though the people could make a better dissension.