Is HoTS ready for sale?

General Discussion
So, I know a lot of whining happens about every game ever made, especially Blizzard games, but I have seen a LOT of whining about the current state of HoTS. Also, couple this with the fact that Blizzard have made many changes to the units, and completely removed some as detailed in the beta patch notes I have been reading, and it leaves me wondering what state the game will be in when it ships. I am not saying that removing units and changing them is bad, in fact I actually think it is quite the opposite, but with large changes, I would think comes a proportionately large amount of time necessary to ensure that these changes have the desired effect.

I do not have a beta key, and so to those people who do, do you think that HoTS is basically ready for sale? If not, why?
They've been patching HOTS for over 2 years and there are still recurring balance whines... what might be holding them back??
Well, they do still have about 4 months to fix things if needed. I think it'll be as ready as it can be, though. Is it going to be balanced? Highly unlikely, but WoL wasn't balanced when it came out either. Nor was SC1, or Brood War, or Reign of Chaos, or Frozen Throne. The balance will take time to do.

The one thing that I'm somewhat concerned about is the Oracle; it seems like they're not sure what they want to do with the unit. Hopefully the beam / time warp thing works out, because it's been given and removed like 5 abilities by now.
They have ample time to work on things and will have more time after release to make more changes (as much as needed of course). Plus, players these days seem to complain at the drop of a hat so it is probably hard for Blizz to filter through the massive amounts of qq to find the worthwhile complaints.
So, I know a lot of whining happens about every game ever made, especially Blizzard games, but I have seen a LOT of whining about the current state of HoTS. Also, couple this with the fact that Blizzard have made many changes to the units, and completely removed some as detailed in the beta patch notes I have been reading, and it leaves me wondering what state the game will be in when it ships. I am not saying that removing units and changing them is bad, in fact I actually think it is quite the opposite, but with large changes, I would think comes a proportionately large amount of time necessary to ensure that these changes have the desired effect.

I do not have a beta key, and so to those people who do, do you think that HoTS is basically ready for sale? If not, why?

god i hate ppl like u. stop trying to delay the game even more. Most ppl just want to play the beta game now, and if its too imbalanced then they can just quit and wait for final release
11/14/2012 01:45 AMPosted by SenorChang
They have ample time to work on things and will have more time after release to make more changes (as much as needed of course). Plus, players these days seem to complain at the drop of a hat so it is probably hard for Blizz to filter through the massive amounts of qq to find the worthwhile complaints.

What didn't really help was that alot of tourney lvl players were busy with WoL.
god i hate ppl like u. stop trying to delay the game even more. Most ppl just want to play the beta game now, and if its too imbalanced then they can just quit and wait for final release

God I hate people like you!

I never said I was trying to delay the game, and I never said it wasn't ready. I even stated that I did not have a beta and so have no voice on the matter, I was merely asking for other people's opinions who had played the beta. You should probably learn to read. Additionally, I think history has shown that releasing something before it is "ready" is a very bad move. Seeing as you did not give an opinion one way or the other, it appears as you also do not have a beta key and therefore whatever garbage you spewed out onto the screen is irrelevant.
The campaign is done, the infrastructure and additions (clans, XP, etc) are all done, the new units are more or less done - all that's left is tweaking the numbers to get as close to 50/50 for all matchups as possible. I mean, that's not an easy thing to accomplish, and it's staggering how close to 50/50 WoL has been, especially compared with brood war, but it will take time. Worst-case scenario, it launches and some imbalances are still present, as they were in WoL, and get patched out as the game progresses. I can't imagine it's easy to balance a game this early on, when at least 75% of the potential new strategies have not been fully explored. Even in WoL, new strategies are emerging that the developers never planned for, such as the warp prism/sentry/immortal all-in, or the roach max.
Battle.net still needs significant changes; I'd estimate they are roughly half-way through in that regard -- maybe a bit more. They're About halfway through the beta, so it works out.

The game definitely still needs work; but they've been making strides. Some balancing is always going to be done post-release; the most important thing is to get everything nailed down design-wise and eliminate any imbalances that are too ridiculous. They've already come a long way in this regard, though it still undoubtedly needs more work.

It doesn't feel ready to ship right now, but I can easily see it being in shippable state by March.
11/14/2012 06:44 AMPosted by TheSkunk
Some balancing is always going to be done post-release; the most important thing is to get everything nailed down design-wise and eliminate any imbalances that are too ridiculous.

*cough widow mine cough* *cough swarm host cough* *cough mothership core blink allin cough*