Muta Counter

Terran Discussion
Not new to SC II, but just feeling out the HOTS beta. I know Thor no longer has anti-air, which in WOL was my main way to do protection against Muta (and if that makes me a lousy Terran player, so be it). So with Thor no longer anti air, and the Warhound gone, what should I do instead? I almost always find ghosts and BC too slow to keep up and Vikes too weak against them. Suggestions?
thors dont attack air anymore? did i miss this update lol
I think you misread something, somewhere, because the Thor still has all of it's attacks.

Maybe you remember the HotS build from Blizzcon where the Thor was a hero unit with no AA?
Marines are pretty good vs mutas =) Literally hard-counter in any direct engagement.
Thors Still have AA in Beta....
10/30/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Athena
Marines are pretty good vs mutas =) Literally hard-counter in any direct engagement.

Not many Zerg are going to throw their Mutalisks into a direct engagement.
10/30/2012 03:07 PMPosted by EagleMan

which is wise because mutalisks lose by cost to everything that can shoot back in a direct enagement. Though sentries do need to hit their guardian sheild.
11/01/2012 09:17 AMPosted by FrostyPyro

which is wise because mutalisks lose by cost to everything that can shoot back in a direct enagement. Though sentries do need to hit their guardian sheild.

I know its awesome. <sad face>

I know its awesome. <sad face>

dont be sad, thats the price you pay for extreme mobility, mutalisks under tight control mutalisks have the excilent ability to be where the direct engagement is not, its what makes them one of the best harrass units available in SCII.
The only WoL units with any changes in HotS are the Reaper and Hellions. All other changes were scrapped. This may change. They haven't really been focusing on Terran yet. Protoss has gotten most of the love up to now.