No Offracing Allowed

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
Why does everyone keep saying there needs to be different MMR for teams?!?!

It already exists, two people make a 2v2 team different MMR that is why you get folks who are diamond when they play teams random then silver when they play together. Teams area mess for MANY reasons.

Though how do you fix teams? Well I have an idea. Once you have been placed at a ladder rank in teams and two people decide to create a team the lowest placement will be the lowest they have achieved by themselves.

Example
player one got plat in 2v2
Player two got diamond in 2v2.
Lowest they can be placed in 2v2 is plat.

If they want to play at a lower league they have to either.
1. wait 2 seasons then play five games for placement
2. Loose a ton of games that they played at least 10+ minutes to drop rank.

I know most don't take teams serious, and teams are just for having fun and goofing off. Yet kinda sad that I ponder some times "Will gold be easier then bronze/silver due to so many folks create bs teams to smurf low league?"
+1

Me likey!
I think each Race should have a different League. You can be a Bronze 1v1 Zerg, a Diamond 1v1 Terran, and a Platinum 1v1 Protoss all at once, each is recorded differently, and played by choice, same with even maybe Random.
I cannot agree more with this post
+1
11/04/2012 01:02 PMPosted by ProdofVoid
Once you have been placed at a ladder rank in teams and two people decide to create a team the lowest placement will be the lowest they have achieved by themselves.

That seems simple enough, and actually makes sense.
blizzard is too greedy to care about a little thing like gaming experience for players...allowing different mmr's or multiple accounts could lead to several people using the same account instead of buying their own copies of the game...so itll never happen again.
11/04/2012 01:31 PMPosted by KikiCoffee
I think each Race should have a different League. You can be a Bronze 1v1 Zerg, a Diamond 1v1 Terran, and a Platinum 1v1 Protoss all at once, each is recorded differently, and played by choice, same with even maybe Random.

the problem with this is there are players who enjoy playing all the races and do so at roughly the same level and would want their wins to count toward their mmr/ladder points. an unranked area that you play by choice makes the most sense
Chris, I disagree that blizzard is "too greedy" and that people would share accounts more than they already do. It also seems like you agree with Dayvie's take on what they might go forward with.

Edit:
11/02/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Doncroft
Thank you everyone for helping make this thread an overnight success.
It's this type of thing that makes me happy to play starcraft. Being a part of a community forged around a game made by an industry leader. It's incredible to know I'm a part of this community that contributes to the next chapter in our story. Thank you MVfP Doncraft for banding us together.

I'm glad Activision Blizzard takes an almost Microsoft-esque approach to their games, perfecting them as much as possible before release, but also is almost Mojang in its indi-style attention to community concerns.
Hi I'm Doncroft, I think my thread was successful and now Blizzard's going to take my lame suggestion.

Newsflash, the community doesn't give a flying !@#$ about this forum.

The only people who are on here are the bunch of bronze-plat noobs you all are.

Enjoy your social rejects club. :D

Man, if I played 4,000 games of Sc2 and was still stuck in Diamond league for the past 9 seasons I'd be pissed off too :D
As long as this 'stays' in the unranked league... I am fine with it.

I dont want to face Diamond level players if I am Gold (thats a 2 league diff right?) playing on my main race in a ranked situation...

Legaue rank has a lot to do with things OTHER THAN RACE such as; understanding of the game, the speed at wich they play, the macro, micro, and understanding of the current metagame. Its not like people forget that stuff when they switch races...
As long as this 'stays' in the unranked league... I am fine with it.

I dont want to face Diamond level players if I am Gold (thats a 2 league diff right?) playing on my main race in a ranked situation...

Legaue rank has a lot to do with things OTHER THAN RACE such as; understanding of the game, the speed at wich they play, the macro, micro, and understanding of the current metagame. Its not like people forget that stuff when they switch races...

So you think a Gold level Terran who is also a Diamond level Protoss is more likely to beat you than a regular Gold level Terran?
If there are 20 levels for each race, then each race should have it's own MMR as well, for both Ranked and Unranked.

This would encourage offracing as you would be playing people your level in each race, instead of switching races and losing because your MMR reflects a separate race entirely.

Each race is a different playstyle, and there is no reason they shouldn't have their own MMR's.
Hi I'm Doncroft, I think my thread was successful and now Blizzard's going to take my lame suggestion.

Newsflash, the community doesn't give a flying !@#$ about this forum.

The only people who are on here are the bunch of bronze-plat noobs you all are.

Enjoy your social rejects club. :D

Man, if I played 4,000 games of Sc2 and was still stuck in Diamond league for the past 9 seasons I'd be pissed off too :D

He's still here....
This thread is great, but isn't it a little underwhelming too? Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be a given? Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be implemented in ranked play, not just unranked?
Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be a given? Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be implemented in ranked play, not just unranked?

As repeatedly discussed, smurfing is the most obvious issue with this.
11/06/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Slurf
Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be a given? Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be implemented in ranked play, not just unranked?

As repeatedly discussed, smurfing is the most obvious issue with this.

That's bad logic though - it doesn't mean the idea is bad, it means smurfing is bad. Plus, smurfing exists already.
11/06/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Gurren
This thread is great, but isn't it a little underwhelming too? Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be a given? Shouldn't separate MMRs for different races be implemented in ranked play, not just unranked?

I think so, yes, but Blizzard seems to be avoiding that. Smurfing already exists and cannot be stopped, and I think if you practice hard enough no smurf would prevent you from raising your MMR to an agreeable level.

In short, yes I badly want separate MMRs for ranked and unranked both, but Blizzard is considering it for unranked only.

At least we'll be able to offrace against even opponents. That's the main purpose.
Appreciate Dayvie looking into this for unranked play but I really think it should be a part of competitive play too. Why not just have a drop-down on the right side of the profile to show your league breakdown and stats by race? This should also exist in the win / loss rates by map stats page so your statistics don't get distorted when you are off-racing.

Also, this would make the game so much more fun! If I get on a losing streak i'd love to switch over to zerg and play around.