No Offracing Allowed

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
11/02/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Dayvie
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

Why doesn't Blizzard take it a step further and institute some form of Account Profile creation. A person logs in to their account and has the option to create a new profile, play with an existing one, delete an old one, etc.

Put a limit of 5 profiles per account, each profile having a separate MMR, achievements, etc.

Why go this route instead of having a separate MMR for each race? It's the whole notion of people wanting to have the choice of creating and playing with a different persona than what they've been playing with for years, without the requirement of buying a new account.
It would also be nice if they added an option to specify race specific hotkeys for playing as random so you don't have to manually switch.
11/07/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Bayne
Having different mmrs for the practice area (unranked play) makes a lot of sense. We'll discuss it internally as well to see what the best direction is.

Why doesn't Blizzard take it a step further and institute some form of Account Profile creation. A person logs in to their account and has the option to create a new profile, play with an existing one, delete an old one, etc.

Put a limit of 5 profiles per account, each profile having a separate MMR, achievements, etc.

Why go this route instead of having a separate MMR for each race? It's the whole notion of people wanting to have the choice of creating and playing with a different persona than what they've been playing with for years, without the requirement of buying a new account.

I would take this or just different MMRs for each race; either would be great
11/07/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Serenity

I would take this or just different MMRs for each race; either would be great

This would be really cool, I think you would only need 3 though :S
Solution: Race rank for 1v1. Mine would look something like:
Terran rank: Master
Protoss rank: Gold
Zerg rank: Wood

I also struggle with offracing at any given time.
Nice necro there mate
Such necro
This is a necro I can support though.
I mean, at least it wasn't a metro of a completely useless and random thread. If it was going to be something, at least it's one of Don's.
i know this is an old topic.. but this should be noted and should be a great idea... i saw the blue post but since then they havent told us anything.... keep writting so they see this again
My fellow gamers, I believe if Starcraft's design team can find a way for us to offrace at any time, against equally skilled opponents, on a single account, it would greatly boost the success of this game as well as our enjoyment of it as a community. Please give a +1 if you like it as well as any feedback you'd want to give to me or anyone else who reads this.

Oh god yes
11/22/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Linkebungu
This is a necro I can support though.
Could always play on another server. I play zerg on the SEA server. Main terran.
They should do it like in certain other multiplayer games where players have a separate ranking for each and every race/character they play. Street Fighter does this.
There is a time and a place for a necro. This is one of them
Well, you can offrace now.

1 race in NA server, 1 race on your unranked MMR, and another race on the EU server.

Though I wish Blizz would just make it simple and allow a different MMR per race, but whatever.
Well, you can offrace now.

1 race in NA server, 1 race on your unranked MMR, and another race on the EU server.

Though I wish Blizz would just make it simple and allow a different MMR per race, but whatever.

It's a necro, my dear Protostitute. I wrote this thread around the early part of the Heart Beta.
Solution: Race rank for 1v1. Mine would look something like:
Terran rank: Master
Protoss rank: Gold
Zerg rank: Wood

I also struggle with offracing at any given time.

You're not master...
11/07/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Bayne

Why not just have different MMR for each race? Seem like it would be alot simpler to code/put into practice, instead of having to make practice accounts for each race...
Hey, I have an idea! WHY NOT MAKE SEPERATE LADDERS FOR EACH RACE?