World's End IV

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
Yep, except for SF (who disappeared), Smylez, and you.
11/11/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Zarkun
Ryan hears that and creates an overly large fireball as Redge whips up the wind a bit. "Nature is a powerful thing Celestial."

///Synthis///

"Okay, that is a rather good fireball."

I aim my staff at the ball of flame in Ryan's hands. The fireball implodes, before collapsing into a stream of flames that flows back to me. The captured magic pours into the crystal set atop the staff, and is sucked in.

"Interesting..." I say, looking into the crystal, which is now glowing dimly orange.

I stretch out my other hand and replicate Ryan's fireball, expanding the spell even more to the point that it begins to destabilize, before finally allowing it to dissipate and bringing my arm down.

"Thank you", I say. "And I was not speaking to you, I am perfectly aware that you two would be capable of damaging my airships."
Ryan shakes his head and goes and sits down, Redge heading to a nearby stream to fill his water skin. Kyle just lies down, seemingly asleep.
I walked through the forest, careful to avoid any detection. Being in Beastman territory was dangerous, but was something that I used to do. After the rumors I heard from guards reached the ears of everyone I saw, I had to confirm it. It wasn't particularly safe to have those guys roaming around.

I was carefully avoiding branches when I heard some noise in the distance. Carefully sneaking forward, I saw a long line of people with red cloaks, with the occasional flag bearing a red dragon. I hid inside a bush as I saw them walking to a clearing. They stopped, the one at the front sweeping the area.

He turned around to the line, placing his hood down. He was wearing a bone mask, but his voice was something that no human should be able to make.

"My subjects! The temple is here! We will shall cast the spell, and be one step closer to awakening our master!"

The people started to swarm the clearing, before I realized their large numbers. This was no coincidence. They were close to the temple that I went to with those other people. There was going to be an attack.

I slowly gained distance from them before heading my way to the temple.
Temple...Temple...

/facepalm with a frying pan.

Why...can't...we...just...leave...the...Temple!?

IC: Isobelle then covered the tail up as quickly as she revealed it. "We'll talk later, but right now you need to be with your friends...that is if they are your friends. But if anything happens, then don't panic. That will only make it worse." Isobelle stands up and walks out the Temple entrance.

I thought about what she said, as I did the same.
I walked through the forest, careful to avoid any detection. Being in Beastman territory was dangerous, but was something that I used to do. After the rumors I heard from guards reached the ears of everyone I saw, I had to confirm it. It wasn't particularly safe to have those guys roaming around.

I was carefully avoiding branches when I heard some noise in the distance. Carefully sneaking forward, I saw a long line of people with red cloaks, with the occasional flag bearing a red dragon. I hid inside a bush as I saw them walking to a clearing. They stopped, the one at the front sweeping the area.

He turned around to the line, placing his hood down. He was wearing a bone mask, but his voice was something that no human should be able to make.

"My subjects! The temple is here! We will shall cast the spell, and be one step closer to awakening our master!"

The people started to swarm the clearing, before I realized their large numbers. This was no coincidence. They were close to the temple that I went to with those other people. There was going to be an attack.

I slowly gained distance from them before heading my way to the temple.
OOC: How far out is this army from the Temple, and are they in the forest or out in the open? My outer perimeter is 3 miles out from the Temple, and it's nighttime, so I need to know how long it's going to be until I spot them coming.
"You really haven't dealt with beastmen before have you? We can easily hide from your airships." This celestial doesn't seem to know of the burrows that our people use to move around.
///Synthis///

"Magic solves that problem. And if you really, really did something to get on our bad side, we would literally blow up the ground."
Benemesh laughs. "Perhaps. But we will gladly set aside petty differences to defeat anyone who dares threaten our people."
"Aren't you a feisty little bastard. I'd like to see you try."

A bunch of the troops start snickering at the expense of the celestial.
"Aren't you a feisty little bastard. I'd like to see you try."

A bunch of the troops start snickering at the expense of the celestial.
///Synthis///

"We would rather not. It wouldn't be good for the forest. And I'm not threatening you, magic would be the better option by far. Not that we would even need to get into any of that, unless you were to attack us or anything like that."
"Of course," Benemesh says mockingly. "By all means, let's be friends."
OOC: The army is around five miles away, but they're in a small clearing. Majority of them are hiding in the woods, so you won't see most of them until they move out to attack.
Benemesh turns to Rod'nac. "We were to meet others. Have any groups passed by? They would have been mostly rat-folk."
11/12/2012 02:33 PMPosted by KnarledOne
"Of course," Benemesh says mockingly. "By all means, let's be friends."
///Synthis///

"Yes, let's be friends. Meaning, let's not shoot each other for the moment. Deal?"
"Let me clarify for you. We'll do that until I see a good opportunity to get clear of you. I don't trust your kind."
11/12/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
"We would rather not. It wouldn't be good for the forest. And I'm not threatening you, magic would be the better option by far. Not that we would even need to get into any of that, unless you were to attack us or anything like that."


IC: "Funny way of putting it especially since we had no intention of attacking you any ways. We just want to leave without being molested yet here you are threatening to track us down."

"We were supposed to meet up with the war group yesterday. All we have encountered is you and this Tosk group."
"The Tosks I was not told of. If the other warbands have not arrived something may be wrong."
"This is our territory. The other bands in this area would already be heading back. It is strange that we haven't seen their replacements yet, but this area is not part of our scouting routes."
"Perhaps we speak not knowing each other's orders."

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum