To Those Who Think Banelings Suck

General Discussion
Take a lesson from good ol' Steven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcQedw7R1zk

I promise, this isn't a troll post. I actually do this, and you can, too!
Banelings are amazingly powerful. The problem is that FF's hard counter them and with stellar micro they end up being cost inefficient. But they're balanced, there's nothing OP about them and they aren't useless. What the problem, and why is this being posted? I guess it's better than some pointless complaining about it but it's still not like; holy mindblowing.
11/13/2012 09:01 PMPosted by KikiCoffee
Banelings are amazingly powerful. The problem is that FF's hard counter them and with stellar micro they end up being cost inefficient. But they're balanced, there's nothing OP about them and they aren't useless. What the problem, and why is this being posted? I guess it's better than some pointless complaining about it but it's still not like; holy mindblowing.

People keep saying that they're bad to justify keeping fungal growth the way it is.
It takes less than stellar micro to make them cost-inefficient. That's why Banelings are considered bad.
11/13/2012 09:05 PMPosted by FinnTheHuman

People keep saying that they're bad to justify keeping fungal growth the way it is.

Fungal growth makes banelings infinitely more effective. Stimmed marines counter banelings with out fungal support.

It is hard to make suicide units cost effective XD
11/13/2012 10:44 PMPosted by fingrknitter

Fungal growth makes banelings infinitely more effective. Stimmed marines counter banelings with out fungal support.

Yes, but it's hard to justify a few hundred gas to be sunk into tech and units just to make suicide units effective.

Generally, support units are supposed to prolong the lives of the units they're supporting.

Yes, but it's hard to justify a few hundred gas to be sunk into tech and units just to make suicide units effective.

Generally, support units are supposed to prolong the lives of the units they're supporting.

The plus of banelings is taking a large enough chunk out of an enemy army BEFORE it really deals damage (ling bane muta vs protoss, you blast enough stalkers and your mutas make a happy little flock :).
Pity they got a squeaky child to do the voice over for that video
why he no have medivacs?

That was painful for me to watch lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=90U9RCLOcak#!

Yeah, marines with micro are pretty good against pure baneling...

Yeah, marines with micro are pretty good against pure baneling...

And they laughed at you when you spent all those years obsessively practicing dodgeball.
11/14/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Polychrome
Funny how against Siege tanks I still see most Zerg put all their banelings in a ball so they die by splash damage instead of spread them into their lings.

I think Leenock and I are the only Zergs who do that.
11/13/2012 10:48 PMPosted by TropicalBob

And they do. Lings/Banes/roaches do an excellent job of prolonging the lives of infestors, the units they are supporting.
I know they are good. I max out on banelings late game instead of infestor/brood lord.