Pre-Order Beta Key

General Discussion
Do we get a beta key if we pre-order directly from Blizzard? Thanks

P.S: Is the WoL collectors thor still in HoTS?
Do we get a beta key if we pre-order directly from Blizzard?

Nope.

Its a deal to help retailers, many of whom are going out of business because digital download is so appealing. Thats my theory, anyway.

P.S: Is the WoL collectors thor still in HoTS?

It should be.
Is there anywhere other than amazon that does this? I don't want to order from amazon then get it shipped 3-4 days after it was released.. (and I don't want to pay the shipping + extra shipping to make it come faster)
Gamestop has been, with the beta key right on the receipt.

I believe other places have as well; but they're for non-us customers.
It would've been nice to get a heads up that Amazon/other retailers are giving away beta keys with preorders, would've ordered it from there instead of Blizzard...

I just can't find myself playing WoL right now, but I still love watching pro matches with awesome casters.
Yeah, Aldrexus ought to update his thread ( http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6712881870 ) to include all stores that give beta keys for reordering. :D

If anyone gets a key from pre-ordering, be sure to join the forum clan: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7004342342?page=1

Has this been confirmed? Only 4 hours until gamestop opens, might have to go check it out...
Nope.

Its a deal to help retailers, many of whom are going out of business because digital download is so appealing. Thats my theory, anyway.
If this position is not reversed very soon I will be very unhappy.

Has this been confirmed? Only 4 hours until gamestop opens, might have to go check it out...

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/134z7q/wheni_preordered_at_gamestop_today_my_receipt_had/

Other stores:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-with-free-beta-access-code-190423?pageSize=20

http://gamestop.de/PC/Games/23023/starcraft-2-heart-of-the-swarm-add-on

11/14/2012 05:46 AMPosted by zappy

Why?

It is possible they could change this in the future, I'm sure, but they haven't announced any plans to do so yet.
Nope.

People have been submitting tickets to get blizzard to cancel their pre-orders so they can order from amazon or pick it up at gamestop for beta access.

People have been submitting tickets to get blizzard to cancel their pre-orders so they can order from amazon or pick it up at gamestop for beta access.

I was going to suggest this; if that is why he has an issue with it.

If you just don't like it that they're offering this deal to retailers; then too bad -- but if you're upset because you ordered it from Blizzard before learning about this deal, I would certainly try to get a refund from Blizzard and then order it from one of these stores instead.
If you just don't like it that they're offering this deal to retailers; then too bad. But if you're upset because you ordered it before learning about this deal, I would certainly at least try to get a refund from Blizzard and then order it from one of these stores instead.

Apparently people have been having success in getting blizzard to cancel the pre-orders, as well, if some of the forum posts here and in that reddit thread are to be believed.
Ok, sorry let me clarify. I have no problem with beta keys being given out among other vendors. I typically try to go to the source of any given game that i wish to purchase because i am very skeptical of third party claims. I assumed that if beta keys were in fact to be given away for pre purchase that I would be safest going with purchasing directly from Blizzard. I am now unhappy because due to my precautions i now have to go through the trouble of cancelling my pre-order and actually order once again to actually get the full product which is not available directly from the producer for some inexplicable reason.

To be clear, I will still pre purchase, I will get over it, I will be angrily staring at my wall until I am vaporizing a base with oracles.
Ok, sorry let me clarify. I have no problem with beta keys being given out among other vendors. I typically try to go to the source of any given game that i wish to purchase because i am very skeptical of third party claims. I assumed that if beta keys were in fact to be given away for pre purchase that I would be safest going with purchasing directly from Blizzard. I am now unhappy because due to my precautions i now have to go through the trouble of cancelling my pre-order and actually order once again to actually get the full product which is not available directly from the producer for some inexplicable reason.

To be clear, I will still pre purchase, I will get over it, I will be angrily staring at my wall until I am vaporizing a base with oracles.

If you're just unhappy with the lack of clarity about who is offering keys for pre-ordering; thats fine, I can understand.

I would've checked Blizzards site and tried to find a place were they actually stated you would get a key before presuming you would -- most other places, like Amazon, make it clear you'll get one. If Blizzard offered such a deal, I'm sure they would advertise it clearly as well.
If you're just unhappy with the lack of clarity about who is offering keys for pre-ordering; thats fine, I can understand.

I would've checked Blizzards site and tried to find a place were they actually stated you would get a key before presuming you would -- most other places, like Amazon, make it clear you'll get one. If Blizzard offered such a deal, I'm sure they would advertise it clearly as well.
Thank you, by the way, for clearing up the situation. i will be more wary in the future of such offers, be they from official channels or third parties.