Infestor nerf confirmed (Chinese interview)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
11/17/2012 10:20 AMPosted by PanZxJassie
Who NPs Ghosts? W

I once NP'd a ghost to snipe other ghosts.
11/17/2012 10:17 AMPosted by sGSyntax
I think it is the point that a projectile can be negated by PDD?

PDD's tool tip say that it will not intercept any spells.
What... the hell?... People complain about fungal and IT so they nerf neural into the ground?

What exactly are you suppose to use it against now? Don't say tanks. Tanks are the COUNTER to infestors, not the other way around. It hasn't worked before. It's not about to start working now.

Blows my mind...
I still think that a 3 supply infestor would fix a LOT of issues.
11/17/2012 10:46 AMPosted by IndigO

Well it's a better fix than what we're getting now, that's for sure.
HORRAY FOR BALANCE!
What... the hell?... People complain about fungal and IT so they nerf neural into the ground?

What exactly are you suppose to use it against now? Don't say tanks. Tanks are the COUNTER to infestors, not the other way around. It hasn't worked before. It's not about to start working now.

Blows my mind...
The only terran psionic unit is the ghost. You can still neural thors.

As for protoss, you cant neural the mothership anymore, so good. Also archons. Now protoss can use archons against zerg and not have to worry about infestors countering EVERY unit that they build.
11/17/2012 10:46 AMPosted by IndigO

Meh. Instead of being able to make 23 Infestors, a Zerg player could make 15. That's still a lot of Fungal. I think the projectile and speed nerfs are more solid. Basically, it makes it easier to avoid the Fungals because the Infestor can't get in position as quickly, and it's not an instant cast.

Btw, TvP sucks (MVP immaturity alert). It does. The moment Psi Storm is researched, I should just gg, I swear.

Mothership is now immune to infestor neural parasite - confirmed
Any units with energy(high Templar, ghost, Thor, raven, queen, infestor) will be immune to neural parasite

Well dang, they might as well make it range 9 again, then.
11/17/2012 10:17 AMPosted by sGSyntax

Bingo! Yahtzee! we have a winner!!
11/17/2012 10:49 AMPosted by dirtypeasant

Bingo! Yahtzee! we have a winner!!

as long as youre on the HOTS
Here is the interview of Dustin Browder & Michael Morhaime in BWC China.

Q: You said the new units in HOTS are pretty good now, and you are going to make some change to some old units. Do you have any plans about changing the old units in WOL? I'm interested about raven, void ray, carrier, especially infestor.

A: I can't promise what is going to be changed. In next few weeks we will go through the units in WOL and decide either just adjust them or redesign them. For example, raven's seeker missile.

Second example is Thor's 250mm Cannons, very few players use it. So HOTS is a good chance for us, and we may redesign it to make more players use 250mm cannon.
For void ray, do you mean it's too weak? However many people complains it's too strong before last patch. I want to do something crazy to void ray, but we know nothing about how to do it now. We may try something before Christmas.

From my personal point of view, I expect redesign. So I would encourage my team to do some revolutionary change to increase the diversity of strategies.

Q : You forgot the infestor(LOL).

A: Oh, I forgot it. But no matter, I will tell you. We are going to make a balance test map on WOL realms. On this map, Psionic units will be immune to Neural Parasite. On HOTS BETA, we are going to add a projectile back to Fungal Growth, just like we did in patch 1.3 PTR.
(Psionic units, include mothership, high templar, ghost, infestor, queen and archon. MC used to complain about mothership can be mind controled by infestors, and this problem may be solved as he wish.)

Q: What builds do you prefer?

A: I use random, so I know how to use every race. I know almost all builds (including all-ins) of three races.
I'm very good in first 10 to 15 minutes--as good as professional players. But as the game goes on, I become weaker and weaker, especially after reaching 200 supply.

Q. After the interviewer asked the infestor question, Michael Morhaime asks Dustin Browder: "what about infested terran?"

A. Dustin Browder:"Infested Terran is very hard to balance. We need time to consider it."

Michael Morhaime also announced that if you purchased the non-subscription pack of SC2 on Chinese server, you can upgrade to HOTS for free when it releases.

great translation larse
do you speak chinese? i'm learning mandarin but i was able to understand like zero of that without the translation thing haha

predilection to romanized languages too stronk
As a Terran, I think NP should still affect Thors and BC's to be honest. But maybe at a much shorter range if they think it's needed.

It's a hard counter to mass thor with no other support. Heck, I guess it's a mass counter to pretty much anything, so maybe it shouldn't, I dunno.

Infestors make their way into every matchup, and play a serious role, so maybe they're a little too useful I don't know.
Meh. Instead of being able to make 23 Infestors, a Zerg player could make 15. That's still a lot of Fungal. I think the projectile and speed nerfs are more solid. Basically, it makes it easier to avoid the Fungals because the Infestor can't get in position as quickly, and it's not an instant cast.
It's more to make IT less of an issue. Fungal isn't such a huge deal. It's still broken as hell, but it can be avoided reasonably well.

IT is the thing which totally destroys Mech, Sky and Bio Terran, and any combination thereof.
this nerf doesn't do anything besides the obvious help for mothership

ghosts are normally just fungaled out of range of the broods and rest of infestors anyways
ravens are normally just fungaled too, not NP'd, so this change doesn't free up opportunities for terran really, it just makes vortex a lot easier

if they hold off the projectile change until HOTS, the infestor will remain about similar strength, and will be one less way to counter a midgame thor timing (every other way still works, because midgame thor timings are horrible) so most will remain as is

Blows my mind...

collosus,voidrays, immortals, ultralisks?, idk

i dont agree with the change either, i think the infested terran eggs should be changed and fungal should have projectile like EMP.. even if its fast that chnages alot
11/17/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Doncroft
11/17/2012 11:36 AMPosted by VIPER

nope.jpg
11/17/2012 11:37 AMPosted by SenzaErrori
nope.jpg

Why? All it can do now is target

11/17/2012 11:36 AMPosted by SenzaErrori
collosus,voidrays, immortals,

And Carriers. Not much of a big deal.
11/17/2012 11:42 AMPosted by VIPER
nope.jpg

Why? All it can do now is target

collosus,voidrays, immortals,

And Carriers. Not much of a big deal.

9 range NP was ridiculous, it was nerfed for a reason. do some research with google