Infestor nerf confirmed (Chinese interview)

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
no removal of fungal root and replace with a slow...

so stupid.
blizzard- "People are complaing about infestors eh? what about em? Fungal limits micro you say? infested terrans are too supply efficient eh? NERF NEURAL PARASITE!!"
the units with energy being excluded seems excessive.... personally i love seeing a Ghost or HT neuraled and utilizing EMP or Feedback on the other spell casters around.
Nerfing NP on energy units is the absolute wrong direction to go. NPing an energy unit to use its spells is a great micro battle. Zerg already dont have an anti caster mechanism like EMP, Snipe or Feedback. NP was about the only way to counter casters and it was very far from reliable. Frankly getting NPed then getting your spells used against you was your fault for not protecting your casters.

A nerf like this is a nerf to the skill cap of the game. If you think infestors are OP, then nerf what is OP. Dont nerf something that actually is good for the game.
Neural Parasite is fine, if anything it need an extra range.
I can see no NP on the Momaship, but no NP on anything with energy?
Thats almost as big of an overnerf than what they did to snipe.
11/17/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Pause
I'm happy with Projectile. In fact I think most people are. Give it the same range as the Ghost and High Templar, and the same radius and you have yourself a powerful but balanced unit.

If PDD works against this Fungal, I think it's a nice change to try.
no removal of fungal root and replace with a slow...

so stupid.

agreed.. especially for just air units.
doesnt make sense to root Air at all, it would need to be in HotS balance map but they should try it at least.

my main concern is that infestors will be only used for one reason in HotS.. Infested Terrans.
And a lot of them.

What about at least making the eggs have lower HP, so zergs cant just throw them wherever they want?
the nerf to NP is to make it so you can't take the mothership, stop QQing about it's "WRONG AND FUNGAL IS THE REAL PROBLEM." Not that it isn't, it's why they're thinking about turning Fungal into a projectile (so Terran could have a better time vs it).

Though, I should add if they do make NP that useless they may need to nerf it in another area or completely redesign the ability somehow. :\
They won't remove root because it is unique to zerg. Concussive shells and Time warp already slow units. Blizzard wants there to be more differences between the races, this is why no one plays CnC and AoE. All the units in those games are mostly the same between factions.
if fungal is a projectile a PDD will stop it right?
11/17/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Doncroft
Well dang, they might as well make it range 9 again, then.
11/17/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Tommy
Carrier interceptors immune to fungal

hmm Doncroft what about carriers now?
except with mass corrupter you can now go all out on carriers
:D
I dont know why they are focusing so much on fungal growth when the biggest problem with the infestor is infested terrans, they do so much damage and cost nothing and are a big problem in every matchup. in pvz you dont see zergs use fungal alot, they use a couple fungals then spam infested terrans all over the place which is impossible to attack into with a million spines everywhere. also 4 infestors can burrow and wipe out and entire base for no cost at all. I would like to see this issue addressed in the beta or on a test server
11/17/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Ares

who cares? it won't hit moving targets.

if it's the same speed as last time they tested fungal projectile, dodging it was so easy it was a complete joke.

NP nerf does nothing to help. all it does is accentuate the coin-flippy nature of late game pvz engagements. it may improve protoss's chances of winning, but doesn't actually give them any more control over it. just takes away control from zerg so it's more chaotic and comes down to the coinflip again.

you have to be pretty bad to let your mothership get NP'd so this lets bad protoss have a better chance
It is indeed that infestors need to be addressed. games like curious vs titan, where zerg just turtle three bases with 20+ spines and 30+ infestors until broodlord is out, is excruciatingly painful to watch.

titan was punished for out-maneuvering curious, curious was rewarded for having 30 apm playing tower defense. This is the opposite of what e-sport should be based on.

Defensive is fine, hardcore turtle from spectator's point of view is detrimental to e-sports. Audience want to see actions, what good is soccer if you just get 11 extremely obese players completely stack up and seal the goal air-tight? Then once they get the ball for once they clump up to form a meatball circle having the soccerball in the middle, SLOWLY move to the otherside of the field, then relying on their weight to maneuver pass the goal and score. This is almost exactly the case with broodlord infestor. Soccer matches like that will gain no success, no audience.
And the supposed counter to this hardcore turtle is...."score enough goals before the fatties could run back, stack up and seal the goal airtight" is just a ridiculous concept. Sports is about trading blows.
There is a reason why such practice is illegal in all sports
11/17/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Ares

Back in the 1.3 PTR I remember PDD didn't stop it. It was like EMP, a projectile that PDD can't stop because it's a spell.
11/17/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Roshu

Back in the 1.3 PTR I remember PDD didn't stop it. It was like EMP, a projectile that PDD can't stop because it's a spell.

except it was much slower projectile than emp at the time.
11/17/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Oboeman
except it was much slower projectile than emp at the time.

Yes, it was slow and easy to dodge.

I was just saying PDD doesn't block it because it's a spell, not an attack.
Wish theyd slam infestors right back to where they should be, a support caster to increase efficiency vs low tech units. Atm theyr just too good all round.

*Theyre avoiding "direct" nerfs to fungal, but looking at indirect options. Other options being seriously considered are:
Carrier interceptors immune to fungal
Infestor movement speed decrease

Other big nerfs unlikely
Edit: added second patch note to wol balance map

OP that is not what he said at all about infestors
he said,
Infestor, we will in the next to make a balance test map on the Wings of Liberty on the server, psionic units the Infestor spirit of the immune control. In the Heart of the Swarm testing service, we will give Fungal Growth to join a trajectory like as 1.3 test service.

I kekeke'd.