Skins for Starcraft 2

General Discussion
When blizzard annouced the release date, I was certain someone would create this thread, so I waited a little bit to see the new discussions that would come along with it. As I haven't seem it, I'm glad to start.

So the digital deluxe version of HotS comes with an ultralisk skin. As soon as I noticed it, I thought "oh, so blizzard did decide to sell skins!". It seemed a bit certain to me with the Torrasque being the very first skin. Maybe they would announce the skin shop a bit closer to launch.

So I would like to open this discussion here: do you think skins will/should be available for sc2? Would you like it? Pros and cons.

I was certain they were going to implement it, but they haven't said anything about it, so I remain in doubt. They already stated that skins would be complicated for sc2 because it could ruin some people's video perfomance by having so many different models to load.

In my opinion, this shouldn't be a big obstacle. I do think, though, that it is something to look after. A simple solution, I would say, is to add a "Don't show" option for skins to increase perfomance. Or if you like to use skins, there could also have a "Don't show" option for enemy skins only. I think with these options blizzard could please everyone and make good money if they sell them for the right price.
You have a bit of a logical stretch here. special edition skins were available in WoL as well, but more skins have not followed.
11/27/2012 03:51 PMPosted by zappy
You have a bit of a logical stretch here. special edition skins were available in WoL as well, but more skins have not followed.

I don't remember any other skins other than the Torrasque. Can you please specify and show reference?

I think HotS should have skins as an unlockable reward for special achievements.

For those that don't want to have to distinguish between special skins (CE Thor skin or whatever), I think there should be an option to disable special skins.

Do you mean there was a Thor skin on WoL's CE? If so, I wasn't aware :(
11/27/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Buchada
I don't remember any other skins other than the Torrasque. Can you please specify and show reference?
If you bought the collector's edition of WoL you got a mercenary thor skin.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100812213416/starcraft/images/2/25/ThorCE_SC2_Rend1.jpg
11/27/2012 04:08 PMPosted by zappy
If you bought the collector's edition of WoL you got a mercenary thor skin.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100812213416/starcraft/images/2/25/ThorCE_SC2_Rend1.jpg

Damn, I wasn't aware of it :/ But still, would you find those ideas interesting?
would we be cool if it was client side and free but anything else, hell no
It would be cool if you could turn them on/off. Would add some whimsy to this ALREADY MAGICAL GAME1!
they start to add skins, i will slowly start to hate blizzard. ;(
MAYBE, I MEAN MAYBE, with the new leveling system you can be awarded skins.
edit: if they cost money ofcourse
There would need to be multiple settings for it:

1. No skins showed
2. Only Self-Skins showed
3. All skins showed
4. Only opponent's skins showed
There would need to be multiple settings for it:

1. No skins showed
2. Only Self-Skins showed
3. All skins showed

I'm pretty sure most everybody would be OK with those options.

+1, I'm all for it. :D
11/27/2012 06:23 PMPosted by PotatoLiSK
Why is this necessary?
11/27/2012 08:18 PMPosted by zappy
Why is this necessary?

Might as well cover all bases.
Another thing: Why are there no Protoss skins? Terran and Zerg have some, why not Protoss? I won't even be using ultralisks/thors and i don't own D3 or WoW. I didn't really get anything from pre-ordering HoTS.

edit: bold
Another thing: Why are there no Protoss skins? Terran and Zerg have some, why not Protoss? I won't even be using ultralisks/thors and i don't own D3 or WoW. I didn't really get anything from pre-ordering HoTS.

edit: bold

Legacy of the Void will most likely contain a colossus skin (following their logic)
11/27/2012 05:59 PMPosted by exploder
MAYBE, I MEAN MAYBE, with the new leveling system you can be awarded skins.

I agree the current leveling system's rewards are boring.
11/27/2012 08:24 PMPosted by PotatoLiSK
Legacy of the Void will most likely contain a colossus skin (following their logic)

And only God knows when that will come out. :/
11/27/2012 08:29 PMPosted by TAJ

And only God knows when that will come out. :/

2016 following the logic of Heart of the Swarm coming out. 3 years after WoL release (2010), HotS comes out (2013).