Are mass immortals/chargelots OP in PvP?

Protoss Discussion
Immortals just shred through everything.
Chargelot/Archon/Sentry tears up that composition. Immortals suck against all three of these units. Force Field behind the Immortals, and the Immortals will not be able to retreat. Your opponent's Chargelots will be evaporated by your Archons and Zealots. Afterwards, the only thing left is the Immortals, which get chewed up by Zealots.
you aren't going to take down an army with 5+ colossus without colossus yourself.

So no it's not OP by far and is in fact weak as the games goes on.
No
you aren't going to take down an army with 5+ colossus without colossus yourself.

Agreed. It is, however, a really good composition to hit a really strong pre-Colossus timing with, provided you have Archons as well. You can kill your opponent with that composition before he even has enough Colossi for them to matter.
I would not say so. As explained by ppl above me, mass Immortal/Zealot is a PRE-colossus timing which makes it not op. The OTHER weakness of this comp is a player who goes Immortal/sentry/Stalker + expand defensive play. Immortal/Zealot will NOT break this without a massive unit like the Archon or Colossus.

Not to mention that if the opponent catches wind of this comp, he can just wall-off with 2 extra gates and a forge and use Forcefields to zone out and trap Zealots while you lose units and he takes free kills without losing any and gets a bigger army that can move out and hit you with a counter-attack for which you will have no answer. So, no. Immortal/chargelot is not OP, by far.
Not to mention a single void ray wins lulz.

5? Sure you can, specially with a flank attack.

Chargelot/Archon/immortal can definitely bring that down, or replace some units with void rays as well. With a proper flank its definitely doable.
12/06/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Leongrad
That's VERY situational... A Colossus/Stalker/Immortal/Zealot army can easily keep Z/Archon at bay while Colossi zap them to death as Zealots and Stalkers hold the line for just enough time. 5 Colossi can easily decimate a whole line of zealots in 1 swipe of their lasers, and flanking a Colossus army is a lot harder than you think, unless the other Protoss idiotically a-moved...
12/06/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Zamara
That's VERY situational... A Colossus/Stalker/Immortal/Zealot army can easily keep Z/Archon at bay while Colossi zap them to death as Zealots and Stalkers hold the line for just enough time. 5 Colossi can easily decimate a whole line of zealots in 1 swipe of their lasers, and flanking a Colossus army is a lot harder than you think, unless the other Protoss idiotically a-moved...

Well I mostly meant to say it is possible, specially on maps with large open areas in the center. Not just z/archon btw, it has to be chargelots/archon/immortal.

I attempt this mostly when I'm behind from the start and I know he will push with his 3-4 colossus before I can match that straight up.
Pheonix builds destroy it, colossus destroy it, and chargelot/archon destroys it. The answer is no
colosuss charglot archon (whcih is standard) would tear this easily
Add archons into this composition and you have a decent 2 base timing. You can break an opponent's expand if they opened phoenix and transition into robo, or if you were able to expand much faster and they are trying to tech to colossus too fast - 4 gas super early, really early double robo.

But it is only a 2 base timing. Once your opponent gets to 3+ colossus this no longer works. It also fails if scouted and they put a building wall at their ramp. Without archons you die to sentries.
Mass colossi kiting...