Rekatan High Masters Stream! - OFFLINE

Zerg Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 20 Next
It's on!!!
Online! Enjoyin some old DnB - Dungeonmaster's Guide :D
Ready set go!!!
Dat Swarm Host skill O__o <3
Dat Swarm Host skill O__o <3

Aha thanks man :D sorry for leaving it marked ONLINE over night, I'll probably be on by around Noon today!
I'm a pretty consistent watcher, I personally think that the Swarm Host rocks, the ability to actually have offensive options vs. Protoss and actually be able to somewhat dictate the pace of the game looks amazing.

Do you think that it allows Zerg to viably punish Protoss for attempting to turtle to a deathball?

It doesn't seem too too viable vs. Terran and Zerg, but I think those are actually already some dynamic match ups in their own rights and didn't need the same level of, "shaking up" that ZvP needed.

What is your honest opinion on the Swarm Host? And the future of this unit? We have alot of pessimism around it that seemed to be backed up with some pretty solid evidence.
I think ZvP is turned on its head by Swarmhost. Anyone who disputes that is well... Idra (and look at his ZvP winrate). That alone justifies the creation of the unit - given how one dimensional the matchup had become in WoL.

Looking into ZvZ and ZvT though, I still feel it is entirely viable in both matchups. It requires an entire reshaping of how you think about economy and timing though. I looked at my match history, and EVERY ZvT that I won with swarmhosts I was behind on economy virtually the entire game. Vice versa, most of the ZvTs that I lost I got "greedy" and pulled ahead on economy long enough for the Terran to have a timing window. In ZvT SH play the reality of it is, the only thing that matter is that you don't lose your swarmhosts, and that you can continue to produce more swarmhosts (ok, and that you keep up in upgrades). That said, it will take a complete overhaul of how we as zerg players think of ZvT economy before we truly use SH/Viper to their potential in this matchup. Gone are the days where Zerg must be 1 base and 20 harvesters ahead at all times midgame onward. We can be significantly BEHIND and the swarmhost will continue to make up for that deficiency.

As for ZvZ, SH absolutely faceroll roach/hydra and the queen/hydra/infestor support deals with mutas just fine. I think the key is just learning a whole new set of timings in this matchup. I've been trying to get SH out too soon, the reality is I need to be making SH only for the last 4-5 minutes of the game, just before I push out to force him into a base trade (which SH will always win). This is vastly different from ZvP where you often want SH ASAP to begin pressuring their doorstep.

TL:DR

Swarmhost allows Zerg players to completely throw out the rulebook with regards to the +1 base advantage, and mass drone-midgame standards that were previously set in WoL. That fact alone makes this unit the most impactful unit added to any race in HoTS.
Lol, poor Idra, so set in his ways, and so angry -__-

Do you think that any tweaks would enhance the Swarm Host? Or do you think it is in a good enough position? Many people are advocating for more locusts with less DPS and more health, but the way you seem to be using it (and using it to rapetastic results I might add) seem to be more of a way to split Protoss armies and jockey them into unfavorable positions for better engagements.

In a way, SH + Queen play seems damn near overpowered in your hands! :O

But in a way, I personally think that SH just is such a drastic difference in Zerg play that Protoss players are going to have to realize that turtling to a deathball just is not going to cut it in HOTS.

Hopefully this will encourage Protoss players to actually harass and multitask a little more, I still to this day think they are the least apm intensive race in the game, in HOTS it just seems like they got a better deathball -________-

*sorry for the questioning, I just don't get the opportunity to discuss actual strategy in a positive light with someone without a bunch of QQ'ing whiners and trolls drowning it out.
Haha no problem, I love the discussion.

I think *unfortunately* Blizzard may end up giving in to the overwhelming majority and will make changes to make SH easier to use... The reality is that most of these potential changes will hamstring my ability to use them in the way that I currently do, so I'm crossing my fingers that they hold true to their previous statements "we don't feel that zerg players are yet using them to their full potential".

More locusts with less DPS is by far the worst possible option - more locusts means more splash damage, more splash damage means colossus/siege tank counters them better than they already do. Currently the swarmhost can be made in most every situation with fairly reliable results if used properly (the times that you don't see good results on my stream, it was not used properly! ^_^). We have been desperately needing a unit that was not hard countered by something or other... WoL felt like this massive game of rock paper scissors... Or Infestors =/ .

PS... Streams on :D
Well lately I actually havent been seeing nearly as much SH QQ as there used to be, maybe there is some faith actually spreading.

After all...Infestors...useless unit they said..

No real reason to build them they said..

O___o

PS....watching
Today's replay pack has been uploaded! <3 U guys!!!
Starting the day with Journey! <3
Bump this guy is legit...stop in and say hi
Thanks man :D uploaded with today's replay pack. 12/3 for the day on ladder, and plenty of GMs down!!!

<3
Where are the replay packs uploaded to?
Great stream rekatan big fan^^
again, make it to GM soon!
Thanks jrm :D and ya Cliff first post is updated with the replay packs!

I'll be streaming tonight no later than 7PM! See you guys then :D
Hi, I am currently only in gold-plat league but I just started about 2-3 weeks ago. I am wondering should I stick with zerg or protoss? I play both at about the same level but its kind of hard for me to decide. I am practicing protoss more and more currently but in WOL the games are way harder to win compared to zerg. Zerg is so dominant in WOL and is a lot easier to win games in my opinion. Should I stick with zerg? Is zerg in HOTS dominant just like in WOL? what do you think
01/29/2013 10:19 PMPosted by vagasil
Hi, I am currently only in gold-plat league but I just started about 2-3 weeks ago. I am wondering should I stick with zerg or protoss? I play both at about the same level but its kind of hard for me to decide. I am practicing protoss more and more currently but in WOL the games are way harder to win compared to zerg. Zerg is so dominant in WOL and is a lot easier to win games in my opinion. Should I stick with zerg? Is zerg in HOTS dominant just like in WOL? what do you think

protoss is the best race currently in WoL and by FAR the best race in HotS. if you just want to play the best race, stick with toss.