This Is Their Story: Chapter VII

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 10 11 12 18 Next
I keep up a steady rate of fire, shifting to the Fury II. "Man, they don't give up easily."
I take out Fear and put it on the burst setting and fire silent charges shots into their little bodies.
This shan't die...
All of the Zerg had finally been killed, and the smell of burning flesh is in the air.
I sigh, sweating profusely but relaxing. "Seems we dodged another bullet, huh Kain?"
"That we did. That we did. Alright, let's get McKenzie out of here so we don't lose anyone."
Nodding I retrieve the canister from Sarah. "Thanks, but I'll take that now."
As you grasp the canister, you realize something was wrong. The canister's weight was off.
"Ah hell, she's gone." I look at it and sigh. "Now we get to scour the place."
A trail of alien blood leads to somewhere else in the building.
Well.... You can thank War for knocking me out.

IC: Finally awaking as the sedatives wore off, my vision all groggy like.
{Hey, someone get McKenzie out of here. We need to go find this little !@#$ before something happens.} I say to anyone outside.
"Kain, I think that thing has McKenzie's mind in it. I mean, I'm no expert, nor am I one hundred percent sure, but...that was McKenzie's voice it was screaming with."
"I noticed that. And didnt want it to be true... But I suppose it might be... Whats the plan?"
I examine the trail of blood and go back to the spot I'd impaled the thing. "That's it's blood leading away at least. Follow that, we might find something." I hear the skittering again and look at the sealed air vent. What the hell was down here?
"Probably our little friend..."
I stay on guard. I'm breathing heavily from controlling the zerg even though I don't know I was doing so. "Dam I hate the Zerg."
I keep my mouth shut on that and look at the trail. "I don't like this...but I guess we don't have much choice."
OOC:
Zarkun, did you have something in mind with the 'skittering', or can I do something with it?

IC:
01/06/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Zarkun
"Kain, I think that thing has McKenzie's mind in it. I mean, I'm no expert, nor am I one hundred percent sure, but...that was McKenzie's voice it was screaming with."

I collapse to my knees, breathing heavily;
"I.. think you're right.. We need to find that thing.. fast.. McKenzie doesn't have much time.."
I was actually expecting you to jump on it, but I'd like it to not be until we're about to get...what ever that thing is that Jester made.

IC: "Sarah, take Stefan back to the APC, make him rest. Kain and I can retrieve the parasite. Oraia, see if you can find camera's or something, that way we can trace that thing's movements." Hearing the skittering again, I look to the vent. "And everyone, watch yourselves."