Amnesia: The Darkness Within

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 20 Next
I watch them go overhead as I sit in the vegetation and chuckle. "Like I said, idiots." I move to the edge of the valley and sigh. No cannons. Of course, when the Dominion can't get through the valley, why bother? I sprint across, and hide inside a Templar Archive. "Heh, so far so good."
I love how we are RPing with just the two of us at the moment. Hope more people join.

The captain yells to his transponder, "Get the siege tanks up here! We can't advance through the valley when the valley is funneling our men and the enemy has the advantage of height!"

A high templar flanked by a pair of dragoons makes their way out of the temple archives.
I dive behind a book shelf, careful to remain out of sight. "Jesus, that was close." {Admiral, I made it through the valley. I'm in a Templar Archive now. Want me to place a beacon for bombardment?}

OOC: I agree. I know more signed up...at least I'm fairly certain they did.
A gruff voice unlike the heroic and patriotic vice of the admiral responds, "The Admiral has more important messages to take mercenary so I will be taking them now. I am Major Grahams and you are under my jurisdiction under your contract. Please place the beacon for bombardment."
{Roger that, Major.} I set the beacon and sneak out the back entrance. Unfortunately, halfway to the next building, a stargate when two zealots come out and spot me. "Bloody hell..." I draw my great sword and hold it with one hand. "I'm looking for the little Terran's room. Is it that way?"
The radio crackles, "I have the coordinates. An air strike is on the way. ETA is 1 minute. Do get out of the way if have not already."

The two zealots look surprised at the blade, sensing that there was something familiar about it. Nonetheless they power up their own psi blades and shields.

One of them speaks, "Human filth, I do not know where you got such a weapon but rest assured, we will pry it from your dead hands when we are done with you."

The two zealots fan out and run towards Terance's sides. One of them has their swords crossed while the other suddenly leaps into the air, swords raised, when he is halfway to Terance.
maybe smylez ..... maybe
I summon the Ghoster and roll forward, under the leaping Zealot and spin, cutting through his shield and his midriff. "Well, that's no way to treat a guest." I catch the blades of the next one pushing him away and swinging my own blades in an X. I need to build up more energy before I did anything else.
The zealot who leaped into the air bleeds from a moderate cut. The second one manages to hop step backward and avoid the attack.

The one bleeding falls to the ground on one knee. "He cut my shields with such ease! What is it that he is holding? No Terrans have a sword that can penetrate shields like that."

"Sit back brother, I will finish him off. You are skilled, for a human. Too bad it ends here! Huuraah!"

He runs, focusing energies on his blades and swings it at Terance. A "sonic boom" emerges from the blade and flies towards Terance.

The radio chimes again, "30 seconds until impact."
Name: Aeteas

Faction: Akilae

Backstory: A recently promoted Carrier captain of the Akilae Protoss, sent by Hierarch Artanis to prevent the artifact from falling into possession of the Tal'darim, possibly destroying it if absolutely necessary. Originally a Scout pilot, Aeteas worked his way up through the ranks of the Protoss military, eventually reaching the rank of Imperator at a fairly young age. Known for being very patient and precise and planning things out carefully before acting. No connections to the Daelaam, his force was sent without any prior knowledge of other Khalai Protoss in the vicinity.

Forces:

1 Carrier
40 Phoenixes
20 Scouts
15 Observers
12 Shuttles
6 Warp Prisms
80 Zealots
40 Probes
20 Sentries
10 High Templar
8 Immortals
2 Colossi
I lean way back, the boom going over me and use the momentum to flip kick the Zealot, landing on my feet and running him through, once more cutting through the shields. "Say hi to your gods for me." I kick him off the blades and watch him join the Khala. I then turn to the wounded one. "Where's the ship?" I was out of range gratefully of the bombardment, but still wary.
While I really do want to accept your application Owlfeathers, I have taken the liberty of severely limiting the Daelaam's forces for a variety of reasons. You may want to keep that application for something else in the near future.

Since you want to be a Protoss, you can start by being one of the "black ops" type Protoss unit. They have more leeway in their abilities and strengths as they were picked from the cream of the crop.

There is a certain forum meme regarding the MVPs. Are you responsible for that character?
The dead zealot disappears in a flash of light leaving no trace behind save for his blood.

The wounded zealot curses vehemently. "I will sooner throw myself into the ravages of the Zergs than to tell you anything scum. For the Tal'darim! For Felas! Xava'tor toridas!"

He stabs his own adomen and slashes upward, exposing his chest and innards. He too disappears in a flash of light shortly afterwards.

"10 seconds..."
While I really do want to accept your application Owlfeathers, I have taken the liberty of severely limiting the Daelaam's forces for a variety of reasons. You may want to keep that application for something else in the near future.

Since you want to be a Protoss, you can start by being one of the "black ops" type Protoss unit. They have more leeway in their abilities and strengths as they were picked from the cream of the crop.

There is a certain forum meme regarding the MVPs. Are you responsible for that character?

Gahhh! Responding tomorrow. Good night.
I'll see. Might just reduce my forces or start without knowing your location or something like that. Possibly just switch to being a small force sent entirely separate of the Daelaam. I don't know, I'll see what I come up with.

P.S. And what's this about the MVPs? Didn't know that there was anything going on with them, I'll have to take a look at GD.
I curse and sprint away, diving into the Stargate entrance as the airstrike arrives, destroying the Archive and several pylons. In the valley, several cannons loose power. {Placing a beacon in their Stargate. I'll soon be raiding their Nexus for the ships location.} I set it and sprint out, moving from the Stargate to hide behind pylon near the Nexus. "Please, lord, no more surprises."
Just something I found and gave me a chuckle while browsing the older roleplays. They leave their marks. I remember at one point you said you had two accounts. Didn't know your name change would actually be that person. There were pretty good laughs at GD.
12/17/2012 08:51 PMPosted by smylez
Just something I found and gave me a chuckle while browsing the older roleplays. They leave their marks. I remember at one point you said you had two accounts. Didn't know your name change would actually be that person. There were pretty good laughs at GD.
No idea what you're talking about. :P
@Zarkun
You really want to stir the hornets nest right? Do you still wish to proceed with that action? I'll respond tomorrow in the mid afternoon.
12/17/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Owlfeathers
No idea what you're talking about. :P

Oh yes you do. I won't say a word brudda.

I can double post because it's my first day semi back! WOooooooo.....
Well, if no one will tell me, then I'll have to go in there. If someone can provide me an alternate option, I'll do that instead.