Amnesia: The Darkness Within

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
I passed by two buildings that had already been hit with air strikes, and so I'm fairly close to the middle of the base.
So... Undefended base that has important information that would be kept out of Terran hands? Confused....

IC: The Praetor subjected the Marine to another dose of Sundrop, his voice was heavenly delicious as he couldn't stand up against the drug... He would want to need it... To bad he wont live through it though.

That was when they noticed that there was no one here to guard the knowledge that was restricted to them. Unhonorable Warriors! Not securing the knowledge when it seems like a Terran can just walk right in here and take it for themselves! Destroy the knowledge so it doesn't get in the wrong hands... We don't have the forces to defend such an important location.
You're a bit late with that. And I haven't done anything to call in explosions.
12/19/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Zarkun
I passed by two buildings that had already been hit with air strikes
You mean to tell me this has not happened yet? Time to reedit... Again!

Made the edit......
No, it happened before you joined, so theoretically when your guys were setting up your trap. And I really don't appreciate you trying to prevent any attempts I'm making at moving forward...
The locks clicked and the doors slowly opened. Felas' orb floated ahead of him, shining brightly in the dark, expansive and seemingly empty room. Yet the air brimmed faintly with energy. Only a single stand holding a large orange khaydarian crystal stood in the middle of the room.

He approached the crystal and directed his energies to it. The crystal resonated and began to pulse at regular intervals.
======
Inside the worldship, Telnis carefully watches the battle outside through a window. Everything was going well so far. A zealot come up to him.

"Telnis! The Dominion have found the passage on the valley! Those there have reported that they have removed three parties that tried to make it through. Our observers have jammed communications along those routes."

Telnis nodded. "Good. Out defenses are nigh impenetrable. We will win this battle easily."

"However, one of the immortals stationed there has requested to speak directly to you."

"And why is that disciple?"

"He has something to report to you. He says it is urgent."

The immortal's image comes to Telnis' mind. "Master Telnis! Though I wish to show you this personally, circumstances prevents me from coming to you. I have something of interest that I wish to show you. Link our minds, I will show you my memory of the event..."

[After the immortal is done]

"Telnis! The Zerg have arrived! They made landfall north of our position! Not only that, they have engaged the Terran on orbit! We are sandwiched between two forces!"

"There is no need to fear. Our fleet are virtually unscathed so far. It is time to release our new weapons of war. Send out the colossi and Subjugators to meet on the Zerg forces. Ensure that our air forces will not be overwhelmed by the Zerg.
=====
The smoke in the pathway clears. Five marines manages to get up from the smoke.

"!@#$, this is a suicide run! What the hell is jamming our communications? Doesn't look like they are here any more."
=====
Gek'rha lands her forces two miles east of Athazual. Numerous drop pods descends on the vicinity.

Athazual! How do you propose we attack?
=====
The Terran spacecrafts prepare to meet on the Zerg forces in orbit.
=====
"Razuc! We've detected a new signature. They appear to be Daelaam."

"Daelaam? What are they thinking? This just further complicates the matter. Helmsman! Bring us closer to that fleet! Ensure that we are flagged as friendlies!"
Deciding the route is safe enough, I move from cover to cover, eventually meeting the pylon I'd hidden behind earlier. Waiting for the probes to turn away, I sprint inside and dive behind some crates, barely avoiding being spotted by a Zealot and High Templar. Sh!t's getting deep...
The locks clicked and the doors slowly opened. Felas' orb floated ahead of him, shining brightly in the dark, expansive and seemingly empty room. Yet the air brimmed faintly with energy. Only a single stand holding a large orange khaydarian crystal stood in the middle of the room.

He approached the crystal and directed his energies to it. The crystal resonated and began to pulse at regular intervals.
======
Inside the worldship, Telnis carefully watches the battle outside through a window. Everything was going well so far. A zealot come up to him.

"Telnis! The Dominion have found the passage on the valley! Those there have reported that they have removed three parties that tried to make it through. Our observers have jammed communications along those routes."

Telnis nodded. "Good. Out defenses are nigh impenetrable. We will win this battle easily."

"However, one of the immortals stationed there has requested to speak directly to you."

"And why is that disciple?"

"He has something to report to you. He says it is urgent."

The immortal's image comes to Telnis' mind. "Master Telnis! Though I wish to show you this personally, circumstances prevents me from coming to you. I have something of interest that I wish to show you. Link our minds, I will show you my memory of the event..."

[After the immortal is done]

"Telnis! The Zerg have arrived! They made landfall north of our position! Not only that, they have engaged the Terran on orbit! We are sandwiched between two forces!"

"There is no need to fear. Our fleet are virtually unscathed so far. It is time to release our new weapons of war. Send out the colossi and Subjugators to meet on the Zerg forces. Ensure that our air forces will not be overwhelmed by the Zerg.
=====
The smoke in the pathway clears. Five marines manages to get up from the smoke.

"!@#$, this is a suicide run! What the hell is jamming our communications? Doesn't look like they are here any more."
=====
Gek'rha lands her forces two miles east of Athazual. Numerous drop pods descends on the vicinity.

Athazual! How do you propose we attack?
=====
The Terran spacecrafts prepare to meet on the Zerg forces in orbit.
=====
"Razuc! We've detected a new signature. They appear to be Daelaam."

"Daelaam? What are they thinking? This just further complicates the matter. Helmsman! Bring us closer to that fleet! Ensure that we are flagged as friendlies!"
What kind of ship is Razuc in again?
OOC: Am I accepted? My characters, that is.
@owlfeathers
A prowler, a very fast stealth vessel designed for spec ops operations

@Dacder
Yes, do you want to RP yourself in or have me do it?
OOC: I've got it.

IC: On the Sentential, the soldiers were being prepped for the invasion by their commanders, and the two leading officers were having a meeting...

“No! For the last time, no. We simply cannot attempt a full-scale assault on that damned valley!” yelled Sheila. She cared enough for the soldiers lives to try and preserve them, and figured that victory at too high a cost was not a victory at all. She was nervously sitting in her seat, anxious for the coming fight.

A man, slightly older but dressed in the same fashion, sat at the opposite end of the small three-chair table. “Fine, you’re persuasive, you know that? We’ll send them to the Dominion outpost and await further instructions I guess. But I still think we should be taking the fight to the Protoss.”

The girl looked deeply into his eyes, “We are, and while we may be the chosen ones...I still think that the Protoss have a place, and you know that.” she replied.

“Well, I suppose that’s one way of looking at it...now that we’ve figured out what to do, how about we have a little fun?” The man said, with a sly look on his face showing his intentions.

“I’m sorry, Silvan. I really am..but you know we can’t. We’d both lose our jobs and be humiliated.” replied Sheila. She actually didn’t want to, but she didn’t need to tell him that, and so decided it would be best not to.

“You’re right, I’m sorry.” Silvan said with a disappointed look on his face. He never would tell her this, but he figured that he’d fallen in love. Being together for months on end does that to you.

“Let’s....just go tell the men our plan.” The girl said, getting up. The man simply nodded in agreement, and together they walked through the brightly lit hallways. As they rounded a sharp turn, they saw several hundred troops assembled. Our troops, thought Sheila. The ones who’s lives depend on us. The men and women all stood at attention, and Silvan addressed the rabble.

“This is your briefing, men, and women; I know that we can do this...we just have to use our discipline. And your training.” He said, the crowd nodding in approval with some dispersed murmurs.

“And now here’s the plan;” started Sheila, “You’re to land just behind the forward outpost, and will rapidly advance to it and help defend it. Small strike teams may be used for subterfuge and assaults on enemy positions. Any questions?” She asked rhetorically. Nobody answered, as expected.

__________________

John Wilks was in this crowd, and soon found himself in the forward outpost of the Dominion. His squad was there with him, and they were simply awaiting the orders to move out.

“You think we’re gonna see action?” asked Alexis, one of the members of his squad.

“I think we’ll quite a lot of action.” He answered with a smirk.
For now, let us apply pressure and put them on the back foot. Send waves of Roaches and Zerglings to keep them occupied. We need to pull their air into a situation where they will be badly damaged, then we will siege them with Broodlords. I turn to the nearby Lair and inject quickly, then continue my reply.
Let us get our Hive Clusters up and defend while the Zerglings and Roaches push. Once everything is in place, we'll set the trap and the bait. Our Broodmother will attack their fleet.
Where would the ideal place for me to come in, and what would be the ideal character for me to use?
Can I get something with the Zealot and Templar please? A...conversation maybe.
12/19/2012 02:31 PMPosted by KnarledOne
Where would the ideal place for me to come in, and what would be the ideal character for me to use?


Whatever you want and you can RP yourself in any fashion. Try not to entice me to kill you off by charging into enemy lines as your entrance. Here are the events of importance:

There's a ship battle taking lace between the Dominion and Zerg in orbit.

The Zerg are preparing to attack the northern sides of the Xel'naga Ship and the Tal'darim are moving forces to cover the north.

The Tal'darim are holding the line against the Dominion in the south.

The Tal'darim and Dominion are contesting the skies. The Tal'darim have a total of 6 carriers surrounding the Xel'naga worldship at all points

The Daelaam just warped in. The spec op force is moving to meet them.

edit:
@Zarkun
I'm DMing all the factions so give me a bit of time. I don't mind the friendly reminders. Keep them coming if you feel it is going a bit slow for you.
Eh, I just dove behind cover. If I need something, I'll say it. Just feel that they'd be talking about important things since they don't know a Terran is listening in.
This forward base would soon fall... No Warriors here besides the four... The Pilot... The Praetor... And the two Zealots... They should destroy everything so the Dominion can't capture anything of importance. (Zarkun, you better hurry...) I want the knowledge to be destroyed before the main Dominion Army can arrive.

Yes, Praetor. Both Zealots said telepathically.
"Executor, we are arriving at the destination now."

I nod.

"Good. We will..."

My eyes widen as the viewscreen is suddenly filled with a battle.

"Executor, the Terran Dominion is attacking! Shall we aid our brethren?"

I consider. With that many Terrans, and cut off from the rest of the Tal'darim, it would be unwise to rush madly into battle. I shake my head.

"No. Pull upwards, and move to group with those Carriers. Launch Interceptors to draw the enemy's fire, and power shields to full."
The Hurricanes, a new machine of war developed by the Tal'darim, shoots a single plasma beam at the transports containing the Provun soldiers. The transport evades the projectile but one of them is hit as the plasma beam splits into many smaller ones and homes in on the transport. It explodes mid air.

A viking's missiles manages to deplete the hurricane's shields. AA batteries from the ground finishes off the hurricane and it veers towards the ground. A light flashes briefly in the cockpit just before it crashes.
=====
Telnis' voice comes to Zailura and Sal'us' mind. "Be wary, there is a terran near your position who has acquired an empyrean fang. Approach him with caution. His weapon can cut through your shields with ease.
=====
The high templar and zealot warps away.
=====
@KO
Where's your character sheet?
Akiloth
Tal'darim
Executor
Began as a Zealot early in the history of the Tal'darim. Mastered psionic attacks as a High Templar, and rose to the rank of Executor after winning many, many battles. Tends to be cautious with his men and equipment, but reckless himself.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum