How do you transition out of a blink allin?

Protoss Discussion
Im talking about a blink obs allin off of one base (4 gates). I know since its an allin there is really no transition. I've been doing it against fast expanding terrans and it works very well 90% of the time. However if they have too many marauders it goes sour.

Should I go:
1) DT warp prism
2) 1 base colossus
3) expand with immortals/sentries
4) something else?
It's an all-in so you're probably dead no matter what unless you did serious damage before your push died. Expanding with immortals/sentries seems like the most viable option from that list but you're still vulnerable to your opponent just !@#$ing killing you.
First of all you only need 3 gates with that all-in. When you think it won't work anymore get a nexus, a couple immortals and 1-3 colossi to survive his push. Then go on into HT/charge tech.
01/05/2013 09:58 PMPosted by TechNo
First of all you only need 3 gates with that all-in. When you think it won't work anymore get a nexus, a couple immortals and 1-3 colossi to survive his push. Then go on into HT/charge tech.

With 4 it seems more powerful, but I have done it with 3 several times and have been very successful.
What matchup?

If it's PvT, you can usually contain and get Colossus out and/or expand.

In PvP, you don't really have an alternative, since you need to kill them before they get a critical Immortal count up. DTs really aren't an option, and any sort of 1-base Robo play should kill you if you expand. His army composition will always be better than yours if he held a blink all-in.

I guess in PvZ, if you lose your army then you're dead.
Im talking about a blink allin

All-in? Transition? They just don't go together.
01/06/2013 02:34 AMPosted by dharkness

Do you expect me to just gg after failing the attack? No... I have "transitioned" out of allins before and won.
What matchup?

If it's PvT, you can usually contain and get Colossus out and/or expand.

In PvP, you don't really have an alternative, since you need to kill them before they get a critical Immortal count up. DTs really aren't an option, and any sort of 1-base Robo play should kill you if you expand. His army composition will always be better than yours if he held a blink all-in.

I guess in PvZ, if you lose your army then you're dead.

PvT. I don't like blink stalkers in PvP and in PvZ, fast expanding is the way to go.
In PvT you really have to be persistent and keep active with your Stalkers. It's the matchup where most of the all-in is working by not actually fighting his army. In PvP and PvZ you actually want to fight. PvT you actually want to slowly kill him by forcing him to pull SCVs, killing off just a couple units at a time, or make him waste money on new supply depots.

By the way, why are you at Platinum and asking so much about all-in builds? Why don't you macro and play more solid games? A majority of games you'll win with all-ins before around Mid Masters will be due to them not really knowing what they are doing and you winning by coincidence, or you'll lose because you did something really wrong. All-ins even up into Mid Masters are usually dictated by whether or not the defender happens to either blind-counter or happens to actually do what they are supposed to do.
01/06/2013 02:34 AMPosted by dharkness

You can transition out of all ins if you don't fully commit -.-
01/06/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Xzar

Do you expect me to just gg after failing the attack? No... I have "transitioned" out of allins before and won.

Well you should. I hate when someone fails an all in then tries to transition. Even if I know I have a high chance of winning after doing an all-in because of the damage I just leave. It really is pointless to stay. Its so much off a regular macro game that it just gets boring.
01/06/2013 03:04 AMPosted by Sidewinder
By the way, why are you at Platinum and asking so much about all-in builds?

I am just trying to increase my knowledge of the game. I feel a lot better about my play when I know the answers to questions like these. I don't necessarily allin every game. They are a lot of fun so I do them maybe half the PvZs I play. PvP I prefer to play defensive and macro with a 2 gate robo expand, and PvT I like to get aggressive and take a third (still macro)
Try going 3 gate instead of 4 so your're not super all-in. Also if you cant kill him straight up its better to just expand while teching to colossus since you already have blink. Since your forcing maruaders, its best to make a few immortals with zealot sentry while tech to colossus. Also if you're going 3 gates instead of 4 then you might not want to cut probes at 22 or 23 so your transitions are more solid.
Ok well, 3 things.

#1 it is called an "all-in" for a reason. Against a reasonable opponent, you will not transition out of it, because they will be marching across the map and just killing you.

#2 If you do a very high amount of damage, then yes you "can" transition out of it, which most likely will be started w/ an expansion.

#3 If the All-in Fails, and you did not do a LOT of damage, but still feel the need to "transition" (which you should probably just GG out instead) DT's will be your best bet. You would already have the twilight, and if you plan to do this, you should be dropping the DT shrine before the all-in fails completely, so it is finished as soon as possible. Most of the time, a Terran player will build atleast 1 Missile turret vs this all-in, to try and pick off the observer. However, that turret is usually on the side of their main, where you would be most likely to blink into. Which can potentially leave an opening for DT's to do a lot of damage.

If you choose to go w/ DT's, just make sure you split the DT's, dont let them all get picked off w/ 1 scan. And your goal at that point, is to kill AS MANY scv's as possible. Bring 1 DT at a time into both mineral lines, and pick off SCVs + scvs that are building missile turrets.

DT's will be your "best" chance of transitioning out.