Countdown

General Discussion
1 2 3 38 Next
Thats an early start to countdown. :P

I finally got around to digitally pre-ordering it yesterday.
I preordered mine last week. I was planning to start a 60 day countdown but forgot. I am extremely excited.
So stoked.
Woohoo! Do you have any pre-launch goals like earning Wings of Liberty achievements or reaching a certain league/rank?

01/17/2013 08:59 AMPosted by TheSkunk
Thats an early start to countdown. :P

How dare you say such a thing, Skunk; it's never too early for a countdown! ;)
My countdown started late 2012 when I purchased retail HotS CE at GameStop.
01/17/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Aldrexus
Woohoo! Do you have any pre-launch goals like earning Wings of Liberty achievements or reaching a certain league/rank?

EDIT:Totaly mis read.
I would like to make gold. But I have been playing allot of HoTs and hardly any WoL. So probaly not going to happen.
1,000 WoL 1v1 ladder wins as Terran. Gotta get bored of WoL before HotS comes out- if that's even possible.

Diamond league before HoTs is my goal. Just before the ladder lock last season I was consistently playing (and beating) diamond players. Thought I was close, and then the day before the season ended I had a seven game losing streak.

Hoping to get enough games logged this week to jack up my mmr again.
How dare you say such a thing, Skunk; it's never too early for a countdown! ;)

Shame on me =(

It is never too early, but 54 days seemed like a oddly random and distant starting point.

Current Hype Status: Oddly enough, my current excitement is more for the next HotS content patch which I hope will include multi-player replay viewing and load from replay. I'm obsessively refreshing the blog page, forums, http://blizzposts.com/ and the new section on Screddit. I figure I out to see any new news as soon as it comes out this way.

Edit: I've checked it 3 times or so since this post. I think I've been checking since this post: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7591981050?page=1#2 but it might have been a different one.

Edit 2: Checked a couple more times in between web browsing, now off to start dinner.

I've all but stopped playing Wings of Liberty. My ladder goal in Wings was to reach Diamond 1v1, and I accomplished that goal. My goal post-launch is to achieve Master league. As a working adult, I know I'll never be as good as some of our players who play around 8-16 matches a day (high masters and up), but I believe with enough practice and discipline, I can achieve masters.

I'm 40 points shy of 4,000 points in Wings, but that's cool. Ingame performance and experience are what matter more to me.
Huzzah!

I wonder how hard it is to get a four digit point number...
Well looks like I have a goal before HotS.

Just made platinum.. that was basically my goal before HOTs..
01/17/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Cookies
Huzzah!
Just bought mine too :)
gives blizzard plenty of time to make some baneling plushies before release...come on!
so it begins... now its gonna feel even longer >_> thanks doncraft
Doesn't Blizzard always postpone the release date? It's their tradition.

Just keep practicing.

HotS will be THE opportunity I am looking for to really start on a new race, instead of getting to plat with protoss and wanting to play terran instead xD Those ranked 1v1 games outside of ladder will help with that too.

I can't wait ><
And so my last opportunities to get a beta key dissappear forever....

I will probably buy HotS in 4 months or so ^_^