Suggested Graphic Settings

Off Topic Dicussion
Hi All,

I avoided SC2 when it first came out because I needed to focus on grad school. Now that I've gotten into a routine, I decided to buy a new gaming rig. The computer I bought has an i5-3350p processor, a GTX 660 graphics card, 8gb of ram, liquid cooing, etc.

Graphically speaking, it's been running everything I've thrown at it thus far (ultra/extreme settings) with zero lag or stuttering. That said, I noticed that the official SC2 graphics performance recommendations for me are still medium. Isn't that a little conservative for a card like the 660? Could it be due to a potential cpu bottleneck?

Once again, it's kind of a dumb question given that my actual performance is fantastic. I'm just curious.
It could depend on the resolution also.
I have 660 too and it recommends medium. The funny thing is my previous card recommended extreme and the 660 is an upgrade! This is definitely a bug.
At standard 1080p resolution Extreme is no issue with that card. I arguably have a worse card with a HD 6850 and can run Nexus Wars on max setting with minimum frame rates of 35+ thats with others running at 1-2.
I was just searching for this because i thought it was wierd. Must be a bug.

i7- 3700k, OC'd
msi 660-ti twin frozer, OC'd
32 gig of ram, Oc'd
ssd

Recommended setting = Medium oO
I was just searching for this because i thought it was wierd. Must be a bug.

i7- 3700k, OC'd
msi 660-ti twin frozer, OC'd
32 gig of ram, Oc'd
ssd

Recommended setting = Medium oO

What resolution?
Unsure if it helps at all fellas... im running a 650 Ti oc and it also recommends medium... However, when i had my 550 Ti it suggested extreme... runs just fine tho. no lag - perfect fps. just "custom" settings it and no problem...
Despite the recommended settings being easily ignored, this is still a BUG which should be rectified.