Grad school is done.. coming back! A couple ?

Zerg Discussion
Everyone!

I finished my master's degree recently and want to start playing SC2 again!

I was lucky enough to get a HoTS beta key very early on but haven't used it..

My question is - are more people playing the beta or are they playing WoL? (online)

Thanks a bunch!
Congrats! I dunno, I think actually a lot of people are still sticking to WoL :( too hung up on balance rather than just enjoying the new content
welcome back, and grats on your masters :)

beta has fewer players for sure. but it's better and it's a good way to get back in the swing of things since you've been gone for a while i guess :p at least start fresh while the game starts fresh (in march)
gl!
So.. apparently.. this is the HoTS aka Zerg expansion.. yet.. Zerg gets the fewest units/upgrades?

I don't really understand it?

I'm not trolling, just stating from your average Gold/Plat point of view.
yeah it's pretty frustrating, however i think they're going to address the zerg in the next couple of patches...right now they are focussing on terran mech vs toss. so hopefully we'll get some revamps :)

there's actually a lot of new stuff they added (maybe not new units) but they changed spore crawler availability, ultras, mutas, hydras, and infestors. give it a shot, i def think you'll agree that the race feels a lot different overall...even creep tumors are improved (can be placed on ramps).

playing wol is actually kind of annoying after being on beta for so long.

hopefully we'll get some new stuff/changes to our swarm host soon though, that should offer us more mid game stuff. our late game is def where most of our changes take place, thanks to the viper :)
KILL, can you show me where to find that info?

I had no idea spore crawlers changed! They don't need Evo Chamber, I'm assuming?

Is there a patch list, or some discussion thread?

ty ty kind SIR! hahaha
hm patch listings you mean? http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6863526811

update #6 was when we got the spore crawler to not require an evo chamber :) it's available after spawning pool i believe.

hydra speed was added to lair tech i believe 2 patches ago...so patch #9?, which also changed our ultras (ultras currently deal flat damage to all armor types - so they shred marines/zealots, which they don't do as efficiently in WoL...currently ultras are the ultimate Ground unit).

mutas were also changed just a couple patches ago to have increased health regeneration (it's about the same speed as a protoss shield...which is pretty fast). :p

i'd just google "hots update #" whatever (start from #6 cuz that's when most of the relevant zerg changes came about) all the way to where we're at now which is #11 and you should be caught up to what has changed for us :)

i'm really hoping we'll see our anti air situation patched in update #12, which should come soonish :)
Cool story bro, nice to hear you've decided to rejoin the ranks of the sc2 players. It warms my heart every time someone posts on these forums that they've decided to play sc2 again, whether it was that they finished school or that they just wanted to play again for nostalgia's sake. Nice to hear.
Out of all online games, I sincerely feel SC2 has the most mature, forward thinking population of players.

Sadly though, there is a lot of BM - but not nearly as bad as Battlefield 3 and especially not Call of Duty (any title)

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and it's not pretty.. especially learning all of the various new mechanics and units.. 50% of all of the players that have beaten me have BM'ed me afterwards.. kinda sucks.
Yeah, that's life. Just be glad you aren't playing CoD or Battlefield or any of those console fps games. Along with LoL, they have some of the most stupid and immature players the world has ever seen.
So.. apparently.. this is the HoTS aka Zerg expansion.. yet.. Zerg gets the fewest units/upgrades?

I don't really understand it?

I'm not trolling, just stating from your average Gold/Plat point of view.

Hopefully you didnt get a masters in something useless like music.... but HOTS is the Zerg expansion in terms of "single player." In terms of multiplayer(in hots)... they have tried to shift the meta by having people use new strats - new capabilities for races - new units/upgrades to fit those roles to try to make things new and "very excite"
01/14/2013 12:50 AMPosted by REVATEP
Hopefully you didnt get a masters in something useless like music

International Relations/National Security Affairs..

Better than basket weaving, AA studies, etc.