Starter Edition Bug

Technical Support
Hi i purchased Sc2 a while ago but now whenever i log in it says i must purchase....
please help....
I got this message too. I bought my copy from a retail store around 2011, and I have never had this problem before.

[1] Updated SC2 to 1.5.4.24540, just today
[2] After logging in, I was greeted by a screen telling me that I am using a Starter Edition of SC2, all the while asking me if I would like to upgrade to full version.

I don't think it is related to my clock settings, as I saw from other forum posts, because when I tried to login to my blizzard account (this one), the SC2 list of games all have a green arrow '^' indicating that an upgrade is available for me. Which means the website thinks that I don't have a game key.

Before all this happened, I used to see my product key alongside SC2 in the acount summary. Now, there is nothing.

When I try to re-enter my product key, it will display an error saying that I have already registered that certain key to my account. When I return to the game, I'm still using the Starter Edition.

I just found out: this problem does not occur if I login to NA server. I don't see the padlocks in the Challenges and I can use the maps not marked with a * in custom games.

Is there any solution for this. I'm playing on SEA region as it is the closest server to me.

Thanks!
I got this message too. I bought my copy from a retail store around 2011, and I have never had this problem before.

[1] Updated SC2 to 1.5.4.24540, just today
[2] After logging in, I was greeted by a screen telling me that I am using a Starter Edition of SC2, all the while asking me if I would like to upgrade to full version.

I don't think it is related to my clock settings, as I saw from other forum posts, because when I tried to login to my blizzard account (this one), the SC2 list of games all have a green arrow '^' indicating that an upgrade is available for me. Which means the website thinks that I don't have a game key.

Before all this happened, I used to see my product key alongside SC2 in the acount summary. Now, there is nothing.

When I try to re-enter my product key, it will display an error saying that I have already registered that certain key to my account. When I return to the game, I'm still using the Starter Edition.

I just found out: this problem does not occur if I login to NA server. I don't see the padlocks in the Challenges and I can use the maps not marked with a * in custom games.

Is there any solution for this. I'm playing on SEA region as it is the closest server to me.

Thanks!

exact same issue, fix please!!
same problem here .. wtf!?
me 2
i've been having the same problem, i have the SC2WoL Collectors but when i open SC2 it offers the full edition that I already have, my friend over teamspeak is not getting this tho so he can still play >_> Blizz pls fix this quickly! I wanna take out all the zergs!
Same issue here. Waste of time technical support. Opened a ticket and followed each of the steps they suggested for more than a month now. I contacted them to fix the issue causing me to have to login/logout twice and instead I ended up wasting more time following their useless advice. Opened a forum thread - no response (I don't think they even checked my thread). IT'S A BUG IN YOUR SOFTWARE ALREADY OK? TAKE SOME TIME AND FIX IT DON'T BS US WITH "DID YOU RESTART YOUR COMPUTER" type of solutions! I'm not wasting any money on this crap again.