Cosmetic Dark Archons

Protoss Discussion
I realize that we will probably never see legit dark archons in competitive play, but I think it would be a nice touch if blIzz made 3 different archon appearances for the 3 combinations of Templars (ht/ht dt/ht dt/dt)

So like 2 dts look like a dark archon (but still functions like a regular archon) and the mix looks half dark and half regular.

I think it would add a "cool" factor. Dunno maybe I'm crazy.
Could be a possible "unit skin" sometime in the future if they were implemented.
The third name you are looking for is Twilight Archon.

Along with female ghosts. Awwww yeahhhh
Could have an impact on the game..gives your enemy more info. If they see a skinned dark archon then they know you have DTs..if they're regular then they know you have HTs..and can adjust accordingly.
You're smart.
01/20/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Hobie
Could have an impact on the game..gives your enemy more info. If they see a skinned dark archon then they know you have DTs..if they're regular then they know you have HTs..and can adjust accordingly.

Exactly what I was thinking.
U know, it's funny to me.

In General I posted why I thought the all the races' buildings should reveal the specific units they're making since Stargate and Warp-ins already do. But most people were like "nah that's so small it makes no difference at all" or "There are good arguments for why it is".

Which I was surprised at, to be honest.

Then, I posted here about detailing the image of Archons, thinking it would be trivial also, but people are like "NOOOO way too much of a tell".

Maybe its apples to oranges, but I don't see how adding details is "bad". I think it would just make people have to pay more attention to the game.
The third name you are looking for is Twilight Archon.

Along with female ghosts. Awwww yeahhhh
Probably something for LoTV :P
I think it'd be cool if Archons made from dark templar looked like Dark Archons, even if they were the exact same unit.
01/21/2013 12:02 PMPosted by mBnAntaran
I think it'd be cool if Archons made from dark templar looked like Dark Archons, even if they were the exact same unit.
I second this :D
01/21/2013 10:19 PMPosted by Omicron

Exactly what I was thinking.

Irrelevant if it's against a zerg, they are going to die anyways because PvZ is imba.

Hey Omicron go back to troll the Zerg forums we don't want you here.
I like it, but it prob will be a unit skin
I think it'd be neat but I'd prefer to see Dark Archons return as a caster unit. I always liked the duality of how 2 caster HTs became a powerful offensive attacker, and 2 powerful combat DTs became a caster Dark Archon. It had a kind of ying-yang thing going for it that I thought was great.

I also remember the lore saying that dark archons were forbidden because they were so much more powerful than regular archons, it would kind of dumb them down a bit if they just became normal attacking archons.
01/23/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Badloss
I think it'd be neat but I'd prefer to see Dark Archons return as a caster unit. I always liked the duality of how 2 caster HTs became a powerful offensive attacker, and 2 powerful combat DTs became a caster Dark Archon.

I'd love to see this happen as well.
Hopefully Blizzard will use this, or something similar, for the Protoss expansion.
A cosmetic change to archons would be a cool way to spend XP points, ie subtle cosmetic changes to units. maybe have a similar thing for each race on a iconic race unit? Zerglings, and marines or medivacs etc? Archones can be made to look like dark archones, Lings already have that spiny back campaign upgrade as seen in the latest HOTS video.