Aftermath and Revelations

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
01/26/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Zarkun
Isn't Duran from BW? I never actually got to finish that game, so I'm sketchy on certain details.

Yeah, he tricked Kerrigan into thinking he was her loyal servant, but in reality he played her for a fool. His REAL master is the Dark Voice.
Ok, so those facts are straight. Good to know I'm not completely crazy.
01/26/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Zarkun
Ok, so those facts are straight. Good to know I'm not completely crazy.

Understood. For chapter 4 (because you just reviewed), remember, this fic was written before Blizzard released ANY info for HotS, and LONG before Flashpoint came out.

That was why for MY theory of the hybrid in the Dominion lab, it's not a TRUE hybrid, just a clone. Duran wanted to clone hybrids to boost the numbers, but the 1st clone from all this wouldn't obey the Dark Voice's orders. The Dark Voice considered the process a failure and had the clone discarded, where it was then picked up by the Dominion.
I'm willing to agree with that theory. Makes sense to me.
01/26/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Zarkun
I'm willing to agree with that theory. Makes sense to me.

Good. This fic is to show the POVs of as many characters as possible. Raynor and Kerrigan are only the main characters, but there'll be a LOT more views than just them...
Good to hear. Zack's story will focus mainly on him, but shall be...decent, I hope, regardless. I'm excited to see more of how Nova will play a part.
01/26/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Zarkun
Good to hear. Zack's story will focus mainly on him, but shall be...decent, I hope, regardless. I'm excited to see more of how Nova will play a part.

Yeah I didn't want her to just be some sideline ghost. She'll have her importance later on.
I can see how Kerrigan would be a threat to her, but Raynor is a better man than Mengsk could ever hope to be.
01/26/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Zarkun
I can see how Kerrigan would be a threat to her, but Raynor is a better man than Mengsk could ever hope to be.

I'm not going to have the two of them slug it out in this fic, Zarkun. Blizzard will take care of that part in HotS.

I was more curious how effective they can fight ALONGSIDE each other.
I see that. I'm just pointing out that Nova's worry, like Raynor did, it baseless.
01/26/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Zarkun
I see that. I'm just pointing out that Nova's worry, like Raynor did, it baseless.

Of course. Nova isn't stupid, and I believe in HotS, eventually she's going to realize it's pointless to keep defending Mengsk like this because it's not going to work.
One can hope.
01/26/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Zarkun
One can hope.

Trust me, if you read SC Ghost Spectres, you'd know Nova is no longer a blind obedient Dominion drone anymore by the time she contacted Raynor about Tosh in WoL...
That's apparent from the fact that she contacted Raynor about Tosh in the first place.
01/26/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Zarkun
That's apparent from the fact that she contacted Raynor about Tosh in the first place.

I know what you mean. Oh and as a heads up, the story updating speed will only be like 1 chapter per week, so take your time in catching up.

Besides, once we hit the 1st week of March, I'll put the updating on hold until late April or early May, because I'll need time to play HotS enough times to digest what happened there and all that, I'm sure you can understand...
Totally. I'll be working on getting the money to get HotS in the first place.
01/26/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Zarkun
Totally. I'll be working on getting the money to get HotS in the first place.

You're not the only one, I am too, which makes fic updating harder and everything.
Indeed it does. Part of why my stories are collecting dust.
Yeah I mean I hope to finish this fic this year, but I can't promise that...
If you don't, you don't. I read a SW fic that took them a couple years for the author to finish.