Aftermath and Revelations

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
01/26/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Zarkun
If you don't, you don't. I read a SW fic that took them a couple years for the author to finish.

Yeah, and I've seen fics where the author takes 3 years to update 1 chapter...
...Wow...That's a long time.
01/26/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Zarkun
...Wow...That's a long time.

Yeah trust me, I had a similar problem when my computer died, and I was reduced to updating only 1 chapter every 11 weeks or something. But that's a hell of a lot better than 3 years per chapter.
Oh yeah, definitely. Once I start, I'll try to be consistent in my own updates, and once I learn how to use the Blender 3D animator, I'll make an animated version.
01/26/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Zarkun
Oh yeah, definitely. Once I start, I'll try to be consistent in my own updates, and once I learn how to use the Blender 3D animator, I'll make an animated version.

Of course. Work schedules and job hunting still takes their tolls on me, that's why I never make any promises about consistency on updates. Well, ok fine I'm not going to say it takes me 3 years to update 1 chapter, but you know what I mean.
I do, I do.
Anyways I'll hope others take a look at this fic as well. I'm estimating my fic will last about 600,000 words, give or take.

Blizzard said that if they tried to novelize the WHOLE of WoL, it'd take at least 10 books, which would be like 750,000 words.
I'd read ten books worth. I've read a twelve book series.
01/26/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Zarkun
I'd read ten books worth. I've read a twelve book series.

I see, well my fic is to tie in as many of the SC books as I can (other than Flashpoint, because it wasn't out when I wrote this fic).
Right. Well, I look forward to it all.
Just be aware I didn't put Valerian in this fic (save the first few chapters) because even after Flashpoint, I still can't tell if he's good or evil.
No one can, although from the teaser trailer, Kerrigan clearly believes he is.
01/26/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Zarkun
No one can, although from the teaser trailer, Kerrigan clearly believes he is.

Yeah but if you read Flashpoint, at the end of the book, Kerrigan admitted to Valerian that he's NOT his father's cheap carbon copy...
Honestly, if there are clones of Mengsk, I'd find them and torch them.
01/26/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Zarkun
Honestly, if there are clones of Mengsk, I'd find them and torch them.

Yeah, one of the people I talked to online said if they make Valerian just like his father, then Blizzard just wasted a character.

Because Blizzard already said Mengsk's storyline is done, which is why they're putting Valerian into the picture. If Valerian turns out just like his father, then essentially Blizzard just took Mengsk's personality and characteristics, and c/p onto another guy, and made no attempt at all to develop Valerian.
I don't think Valerian will be like his True Chaotic father. He comes across as a Neutral Chaotic/Good to me.
Oh damn... When you said it was the largest fanfic on that other HotS tread I didn't think I'll be reading 72 chapters! And by golly, I'm seeing your current word count and you might have gone written 3 novels instead. (And that estimation to end at 600K? That's another 3 books worth of material. Wow.) I'm really impressed man and I'll give some of it a read.
01/26/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Eroldren
Oh damn... When you said it was the largest fanfic on that other HotS tread I didn't think I'll be reading 72 chapters! And by golly, I'm seeing your current word count and you might have gone written 3 novels instead. (And that estimation to end at 600K? That's another 3 books worth of material. Wow.) I'm really impressed man and I'll give some of it a read.

You do that. But remember, there's no way for me to tell if you read it unless I see reviews. So please, if it's not too much trouble, mind reviewing at least some of the chapters?
You'll get one review per chapter with me. I'm enjoying the story immensely and will probably stick with it til the end.
01/26/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Zarkun
You'll get one review per chapter with me. I'm enjoying the story immensely and will probably stick with it til the end.

Thank you. Once you've caught up, check maybe like once every 4 to 7 days, that's probably going to be my update speed and all that.

And I included parts from the Dark Templar Saga books and everything, for those who never read the books.