Hellbats' Attack

Terran Discussion
So it sweeps to the left then to the right: wouldn't it be imbalanced seeing that the units to the hellbats' left will damaged first?
What do you propose instead?
The damage doesn't line up with that animation. The damage is inflicted at the same time everywhere, and I bet you can even cancel the animation with a move order without affecting the damage, because the animation probably starts at the exact time that the damage is inflicted.

Take Hellions for example: The full damage is inflicted to everything as soon as the animation starts. You can just leave before the animation finishes because you already did the damage.
The damage doesn't line up with that animation. The damage is inflicted at the same time everywhere, and I bet you can even cancel the animation with a move order without affecting the damage, because the animation probably starts at the exact time that the damage is inflicted.

Take Hellions for example: The full damage is inflicted to everything as soon as the animation starts. You can just leave before the animation finishes because you already did the damage.

How about marines firing as they are turning to face their opponent?

Pretty good example there ;)
01/28/2013 02:42 PMPosted by fingrknitter
Do they actually face the opponent?
01/28/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Vanguard
What do you propose instead?
I propose a nonsweeping attack.
Do they actually face the opponent?
They don't actually fire until the attack animation starts. That is, until the business end of their C-14 gauss rifle lights up.