Hots - Ghost Hotkey Priority Messing me Up

Terran Discussion
If a ghost is in my group of marines and marauders. I cant stim. I press the stim hotkey, but the game will only register ghost hotkeys. Its really messing my micro up, as in the heat of battle its really easy to accidentally select a ghost and become unable to kite. u could easily micro ghosts before hots patch since the hot key priority wasnt for ghosts, it was for stim.

i thought ravens were hotkey priority b4 the Hots patch, i didnt mind that since raven was for mech anyway.

Is there anyway to fix this?
Higher tech units = higher priority. Put ghosts in their own hotkey like P has to do with high templars.
01/27/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Rishloo
Put ghosts in their own hotkey like P has to do with high templars.

Seriously, use multiple hotkeys. Ghosts should be forward of your army or flanking anyway to EMP/snipe the HTs before storms go off anyway.
also, you can press Tab to switch through units and their abilities
If you insist on only using one hotkey than just tab through, but you will play a lot better with multiple hotkeys.
Make a separate hotkey for your ghosts and another for the rest of your army, then make your ghosts follow a marauder or something so you only have to select them to use their abilities or position them better.

It is annoying, but it happens to protoss as well :S
One thing I found helpful was to change my raven auto-turret hotkey from T to V. So now when I press T and I have a raven in the midst, I can at least kite my unstimmed MMM instead of it asking where to place my turret and screwing me up.