widow mines + tank = toss gg??

Protoss Discussion
i just played a game with a T , where i opened with 1 gate FE into 3gate colos.. however i had a very bad experience with T doing such an army composition with widow mines + tanks + hellion harras. i feel tat toss like very very hard to beat it with a FE opening. plz help me look at the rep and plz suggest what should i do other than opening with 1 base play ..

This is the rep:
http://drop.sc/298689
You can still 1 gate FE, and go 3 gate robo Immortal + Twilight council and Blink + obs and harass Terran's base constantly while taking a 3rd, adding a 2nd Robo once you're sure its Tank/Mine/Hellion mech play. On 3 bases, you can start getting Templar Tech and charge at the same time and a total of 14-16 gates as resources allow, and go Immortal/Chargelot/Blink Stalker/Archon or HT depending on how many tanks vs hellions you're facing. You use Blink Stalkers to harass and clean up mines with your obs, but make sure you get at least 1 forge on 2 base, and 2 forges on 3, and chrono out your upgrades to 3-0-3 as QUICKLY as you possibly can.

Also, make sure you have about 4 Obs on the map, including the one you are using for harass. I have a personal preference, but you don't have to do this:

I add a Robo bay when I am about to take a 3rd, and slightly delay my 2nd Robo. Why? Observer speed. It is actually one of the BEST upgrades you can get against mech because your obs can keep up with your blink stalker harassment, and not run stupidly into mines or turrets, and your obs survive turret hits longer because the extra speed tends to allow the obs to get out of range faster, on its own.

That aside, you can QUICKLY scout a Terran with fast observers zipping around the map, and you can easily cover large distances if you lose 1 obs to mines or something, which allows you to keep up pressure.

Another important thing to note against Mech with mines, hellions and tanks:

Simcity your mineral lines primordially, to make it difficult or impossible for Hellions to access your probes, but make it easy for them to escape if needed, and if Terran is dropping helllions or running them by a lot, keep a small group of stalkers at each base, and use Prism + Zealot warp-ins for harassment instead of Blink stalkers.

Also, once on 3 bases, transition from Robo tech to Stargate tech immediately, and start making Tempests and Void Rays, followed by Carriers on 4 bases and 4-5 stargates and churning out Air and Shield upgrades (since by then you are almost done or are done with ground upgrades).

Unfortunately I could not watch the replay just now, but this advice is what i follow against Terran Mech. Hope this helps a little.
you forgot protoss has the longest range siege unit of the game :)
01/25/2013 09:03 PMPosted by hellokitty
you forgot protoss has the longest range siege unit of the game :)
Hahaha yes :D That too.

If you have the economy ready, getting Tempests is really a good idea with any composition really :P
tempist/immortal/archons/chargelots/blink are all great vs mech.
01/25/2013 10:49 PMPosted by STEPHEN
Yeah, but eventually, you really want to go mass air vs Mech because mech is inherently weaker to it.
or go air after you scout him going widow mine tank with your first observer
01/25/2013 10:49 PMPosted by STEPHEN

Hellbat crushes zealots and can go toe to toe with stalkers well at least when there is no micro.
01/30/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Blackwing

Hellbat crushes zealots and can go toe to toe with stalkers well at least when there is no micro.

zealot is there so soak up damage when immortal, carrier, and HT are doing the damage
constantly warping in zealot to keep your dps units safe