ZvT vs Mech, melee or ranged ups?

Zerg Discussion
When playing vs mech, should I go for melee or ranged upgrades? Most players suggest going for roaches into BL/infestor, so I'm just wondering if I should get melee to help broodlords, or get ranged upgrades to help roaches.
I just go 2 base ling muta vs terrans now. So melee

If they go mec they lose if u have 6 queens and a wall to defend hellions because if they have thors then you kill them by magic box. If they build missile turrets pick at where they aren't and if they build them everywhere then proceed to tec switch into ling infestor into bl infestor corruptor and win the game or build a ton of mutas and prevent them from doing a Thor push.
I'd recommend you prioritize on ranged (if you are going roaches). Both will be useful though.

The damage broodlings deal after impact are nowhere near as important as the fact that BLs are simply so good against seige lines.
I'd recommend you prioritize on ranged (if you are going roaches). Both will be useful though.

The damage broodlings deal after impact are nowhere near as important as the fact that BLs are simply so good against seige lines.

This. It used to be that the ranged ups would help your ITs, but even without that you'll want to upgrade the roaches first.
I used to say double attack upgrades and ignore armour (because armour becomes useless against upgraded tanks, thors, hellions - their ups give much more than +1 per upgrade).

but the main purpose for ranged attack was for infested terrans not for roaches.

maybe only go single evo chamber, and get the second spire going earlier?
I've go with ling/bane/muta

You've got to upgrade your ling to maximum and push often with them. During the time he's chacing your ling army, herasse with muta. Your first attack is very important because after that, hello turret. More tank you snipe, more good is your attack. Againt Thor get very weak againt huge upgrade ling.

And please, don't let him build is army. Is late game is better than zerg.
I'd recommend nothing, actually. Get a fast third, hold the banshee/hellion harass, then go straight for 10ish mutas. He will have to waste a ton of dough on missile turrets, OR he will have to skip tanks and go straight for Thors. Either way, you then go up to 200/200 ling bling muta ASAP and you attack, wave after wave until he dies. Its a timing attack that mech is *very* vulnerable too. So long as you magic box your mutas and don't lose all your lings to 1 hellion, you will win.

The key to hitting this timing is speed. The mutas have to be fast. The followup timing has to be fast. Getting upgrades delays *both* those a considerable bit.

If the mecher survives, you take a fourth and throw down an infestation pit and go to hive. Start your greater spire. Keep him busy with mutas+lings while you do this. Feel free to throw away lings, don't lose your mutas, because you don't have gas to replace those (and since you are rushing to BL you *need* the gas).

The BL timing will then crush a mecher, especially after the muta+ling+bling timing and constant muta harass. Notice how I never mentioned upgrades. That is because upgrades cost gas, which slows a tech-timing down. The goal of this build is to kill him with superior tech before he is ready for it, rather than sheer brute-force by out-upgrading him. That is why you skip upgrades. It makes a huuuuge difference in the speed at which you can get the tech.

The BL timing will then crush a mecher, especially after the muta+ling+bling timing and constant muta harass. Notice how I never mentioned upgrades. That is because upgrades cost gas, which slows a tech-timing down. The goal of this build is to kill him with superior tech before he is ready for it, rather than sheer brute-force by out-upgrading him. That is why you skip upgrades. It makes a huuuuge difference in the speed at which you can get the tech.

I still believe that don't upgrade is a non-sence. A ling +3/+3 is so powerfull vs a thor army
weird, i've always prioritized melee upgrades.

the habit is paying off, because i counter mech with ultra/viper after mid game in HotS, so it works out perfectly :)

the habit is paying off, because i counter mech with ultra/viper after mid game in HotS, so it works out perfectly :)

I should have mentioned that it's WoL.

A lot of people are suggesting ling/bling/muta which is interesting

I should have mentioned that it's WoL.

A lot of people are suggesting ling/bling/muta which is interesting

The more you can force Thor production than tank production the easier it is to win with a tech switch to roaches. Also Vikings are not cheap and if they start making Vikings it'll cut into somewhere else. Mech is incredibly gas hungry and there's no way they can produce everything they need off of 2 bases of gas.