2-Robo 2-Gate PvT?

Protoss Discussion
Howdy!

So, against my low-level peers, I don't think I've lost a single game doing a 4-Immortal rush with Sentries, a few Zealots, and a few Stalkers. They simply don't have the army required to actually kill the Immortals, and FF and GS make it even tougher. The Zealots can get in to draw fire and the Stalkers can pick off the stragglers and low-hp units. The Immortals still do the main damage, though, breaking down the wall while not dying.

Assuming you've scouted and you don't see a 2-Rax or 3-Rax, how viable is this? Would it be a good way to expand as well?

How about vs greedy Zerg? Beat one once with it.
If it works and you have fun with it go for it. When you start playing better and better players this will work less and less though.

Vs zerg you will probably have less success with this.
What time are you hitting?

I feel like this would run into a lot of marines with either combat shield or stim completed by the time you hit which could be devastating.

If they scout a 1-base play you can expect 2-3 bunkers. The immortals should be good at busting through the bunkers, but the marines should do a lot do damage to negate this. Granted against a greedy terran player this push should kill them outright.

A normal immortal push goes with 2-3 immortals off 1 robo with 3 gateways for support so i'm not sure how this compares in timing and unit composition.

Against zerg you'll die to speedlings. It's like doing the immortal push, but you won't have the attack upgrades or the necessary amount of forcefields and gateway reinforcements so the lings will overwhelm the units.
01/31/2013 02:30 PMPosted by TechNo
If it works and you have fun with it go for it. When you start playing better and better players this will work less and less though.

Sadness :-/

01/31/2013 02:30 PMPosted by TechNo
Vs zerg you will probably have less success with this.

Yeah the one Zerg I did use it against was incredibly greedy.

01/31/2013 02:47 PMPosted by wraithcube
What time are you hitting?

At about 8:30-9:00, would probably be faster if I got my timings down better though. Just slightly later would get me 5 Immortals while slightly earlier I'd hit with 3 with a 4'th on the way.

If they scout a 1-base play you can expect 2-3 bunkers. The immortals should be good at busting through the bunkers, but the marines should do a lot do damage to negate this. Granted against a greedy terran player this push should kill them outright.

It counters defensive play with Forcefields involved, particularly stuff like 1-Rax expand. The thing is, while Marines usually counter Immortals, enough Immortals at an earlyish time is still a lot of HP to take down, and Sentries make it harder to focus fire and they negate the damage some. That's not to mention the handfull of Zealots and Stalkers with it. Pure Marine plays will beat it, though, if able to fight outside of chokes. Is there a reason why I won't be able to just sit back and expand if I have proper Forcefields, assuming I scout early mass Marines?

Against zerg you'll die to speedlings. It's like doing the immortal push, but you won't have the attack upgrades or the necessary amount of forcefields and gateway reinforcements so the lings will overwhelm the units.

Makes sense.
Keep doing it until it doesn't work anymore. In terms of viability: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg will be able to stop this more easily in higher leagues.