The Incursion

Joeyray's Bar
The last of the sun's image came down over the horizon. Day had finally broke and night made her presence known, frigid and amaranthine. The Templar turned aside from the main road and quickly climbed up an icy hill, placing a warp beacon down at the ground when he reached the top.

The Templar stood up. He was at a good spot to observe everything in front of him. Up ahead was the objective, an austere and metallic research facility. Floodlights illuminated the area. No doubt the security was going to be stringent.

But the security details mattered little to the Templar as they went over the plan several times beforehand. The light on the warp beacon blinked furiously, indicating that it was ready to begin the warp process. He bent down and pressed several buttons, taking several steps back as the warp beacon sprang to life. Soon, the others will come.
========
Application:
Standard application. You must be Protoss. Things may open up if this RP gets far enough.
^Zarkun^

Taedaris

Zealot Elite

Psi-halberd, Psi-blaster

Personality: Taedaris is strong minded, strong willed and loyal to the Daelaam and their allies. He can often be found training with his weapons, which are unique to his class of Zealot. When not training, he meditates, increasing his mental prowess and creating new ways to use his psionic potential. When he is angered, you should fear him, for few can stand before his righteous fury.

Back story: Taedaris is one of the few Daelaam Protoss who were chosen to be trained as an Elite Zealot. While lacking the mental power of a High Templar, the Elites are twice as quick and strong as any Zealot, with a much higher control of their psionic powers. However, they’ll never be able to be as strong as a Templar, nor reach their level. Elite Zealots are a class all their own. Taedaris is still considered young by Protoss standards, only being 200 years old, but he is powerful in his own right, being the second highest ranking Elite, an Imperator. He, however, is not their leader. He’s been an Elite since he was only 50 years old, training with his father until he surpassed him and was allowed to gain a real rank. Since then, he has fought against the Swarm and the Terran Dominion, even seeing conflict against the heretical Tal’Darim. While slaying his brethren brings him no joy, he will not allow them to sully the Protoss name and harm Xel’Naga artifacts.
God damn Zark, that was quick.
I've had him typed up for awhile. I tweaked it for Outbreak.
Name: Zhar'Kal
Race: Protoss (Nerazim)
Description: Weilds a Warp Scythe and an Ultralisk tusk knife. Wears dark robes with some red on it and is decorated/armored with Zerg bones.
Backstory: Born on Shakurus. Grew up to be a Dark Templar warrior. Has seen a good deal of battle in his time, (Even fought with Zeratul in the Brood War). He is a wise Protoss, and he tends to fight alone, but can compromise with a group. He is a swift and deadly fighter, and enjoys toying with his prey until striking from the shadows.
I may join, not sure.
Name: Aurus
Race: Protoss (Nerazim)
Description: Uses a Shockwave Inducer, and a Warp Blade on her right arm. Dressed in simple dark clothing with no cape. Only thing visible in the clothing is her eyes, which are a deep green.
Backstory: Born on the shadowy world of Shakarus, and has been trained for combat. Recently, she has found pleasure in the knowledge she has collected, and enjoys learning and teaching others. This desire of knowledge was further augmented due to the Shockwave Inducer, but it has also instilled a strong sense of being an Outcast. She is a good scout, often finding ways in where others would find no way.
As the last of the warriors stepped through the beacon, the Templar looks at the assembled group. They were an interesting bunch.

The Templar stood in front of them and crossed his arms. "Now that all of you have gathered, I trust all of you know what we are doing? Speak up now if you need me to refresh your memory. There is no shame if you do not remember, the only shame is if you go in knowing nothing."
============
A group of Protoss warriors signifies that anyone can at any point suddenly DM themselves into the RP by being one of those warriors. The numbers are left intentionally vague but it is a small special ops task force numbering no more than 15.
Just one question, what different type of Protoss Warriors can be chosen? Templars, Zealots, Stalker, etc.
"I would require a refresh, Templar." I was unashamed. There had been vague details in the assignment and now I would have some confirmed.
02/06/2013 04:32 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
Just one question, what different type of Protoss Warriors can be chosen? Templars, Zealots, Stalker, etc.

You can be anything that is fit for special ops.
<CrymsonRaven>
Name: Zy'kul
Race: Protoss
Chassis: Stalker
Description: Outfitted with a Sentries Phase Beam on the side of his Chassis as well as the standard Phase Disruptors of a Stalker. With Psi-Blades near the bottom of the legs so they can be used as a deadly weapon as well. The mask in front of the face has tear marks into it.
Background: One of the first Stalkers, but not the first to adapt to an ever changing battlefield and environment. Able to pinpoint suppression fire, or to flank behind enemy lines to inflict morale loss and damage. But out of the many Protoss, he was one of the ones that took a vow of silence... What better way to be a Stalker than to keep quiet?
02/06/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Zarkun
"I would require a refresh, Templar." I was unashamed. There had been vague details in the assignment and now I would have some confirmed.

"We have been picking up massive power spikes within the confines of the facility, suggesting that the Dominion are up to something big. The higher ups have determined that this facility is a high risk area. The objective of this operation is to investigate what it is the Terrans are developing. Once we find out, we either destroy it or recover it. Our thermal scanners are blocked so we cannot get an accurate reading of the layout of the area but I am sure we can easily find our way once inside."

He tilts his head. "Anything else before I continue?"
"Where do we go in?"
I walked near the other Warriors that were going in. The sounds of energy were pleasant. I asked a question via Psionics. "Templar, what kind of energy do you believe it was? If it's Psionic then there's a fair chance that we will encounter Zerg." The message was sent. I would never speak publicly.
02/06/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Zarkun
"Where do we go in?"

The Templar turns around and points in the distance.

"Through the front entrance."

02/06/2013 05:03 PMPosted by CrymsonRaven
I walked near the other Warriors that were going in. The sounds of energy were pleasant. I asked a question via Psionics. "Templar, what kind of energy do you believe it was? If it's Psionic then there's a fair chance that we will encounter Zerg." The message was sent. I would never speak publicly.

"I forgot to mention this. The energy readings we have are simply that. It is simply an abnormal energy spike that is occurring more frequently in each passing day. The Terrans are nearing completion whatever it is that they are doing."
"Then we should hurry yet be patient and diligent. Thorough but effective. We can't take any risks."
The front door is a bit obvious, wouldn't you say? Why not find another way around? I speak up, taking a spot where I could see the base easier.
02/06/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Jester
The front door is a bit obvious, wouldn't you say? Why not find another way around? I speak up, taking a spot where I could see the base easier.

"Because, I have found a way to ship us inside undetected. Quickly, follow me."

The Templar jumps down from the hill and backtracks a bit on the road. There is a secured truck waiting on the side of the road and the driver takes no notice of the Protoss.

"This is our way in. Allow me to take care of how we are getting inside undetected."
I nod and begin heading towards the front of the base. As an entrance, yes, but for a distraction, no.