Investigate the Security Room
Creatures:
Move out during the night

Sasha:
Stay
-------
Security room
Ahhhh Jester why did you stop? I was enjoying your story!
He hasn't stopped, just isn't here at the moment.
02/16/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Jester
Move out during the night

02/16/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Jester

Congrats on this, Jester! Nice writing! I hope to get a text adventure up soon :)
Off topic, you've been denied Mark.
I apologize, faithful readers. Alas, I needed a moment (ie A day or two) to get my thoughts back. Now we shall proceed onwards!

As night falls, and the creatures of darkness roam the land, the tube-born creature begin to make their way around. Although they are were used to the rooms with constant light, they found little difficulty adapting to the night. They made their way away from the facility, desiring to find a new place to settle down at. They pass over to the next mountain, only to stop as the dark suddenly turns to light. They glance at each other, confused, before realizing that the light was of bugs shining in the night. One of the little ones chirps to the bugs, and moves ahead of the group, continuing to chirp. The chirping made the bugs follow it, and they continue to advance further along the mountain passes. They reached a point between two mountains where there was a valley. With a strange urge coming to it, the scarred one has the others come to a halt, and they gather within another cave, the Guardian Creature lashing out and killing the bugs that gave off light. As they settled down, unbeknown to them, something was happening to their bodies....

Back at the facility, Sasha decided to find the Security Room to find The Captain. As she approaches the door, she senses someone pacing around in the room already. She types in the code, and as the door opens, she sees Captain Gerald pacing around, his attention glued on the monitor. She doesn't say anything, just stands near the door. She takes out her radio, and starts using code.
..-. --- ..- -. -.. / .... .. -- --..-- / ... .. .-. .-.-.- (Found him, sir.) She codes. After a few seconds, the reply came to her.
{Make sure to tell him that the Task-Force will be here in the morning.} A soft reply came.
-.-- . ... --..-- / ... .. .-. .-.-.- (Yes sir.) She codes back, and turns off the radio. She steps up to The Captain, and sends/thinks
The Task-Force will be here tomorrow morning.
The Captain turns his attention, surprised, to Sasha. He nods to her, and then turns back to the screen.

===========================================================

Creatures, in the Morning:
Continue moving away from the Facility

Hunt for new creatures

Sasha, current time:
Explore the facility more

Continue to keep an eye on the Captain.

Sasha, current time:
02/20/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Jester

02/20/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Jester

Sasha, current time:
Explore the facility more
1) keep an eye on the cap't
2) Hunt!!
The sun rises on the first day the creatures have left the facility. As they wake up, the scarred one notices that their bodies have changed. The males are different, their carapaces sharp with small spikes, and as one scratches the ground, it hisses as acid eats a rock away. The females have small wings which help them stay up, and the cannon creatures are much more muscular, and a bit bigger. the small creatures seemed to have scales growing over their carapaces. They get up, investigating their new evolutions, enjoying them. The scarred one gets up, and gathers them up. They move out, heading further away from the facility to find a home for themselves.

"Sir, you have an incoming message from planet-side. Someone named Thomas." The Communication Officer pipes up.
Captain Trace turns to the COM station. "Patch it through."
The Communication Channel opens, and Thomas's voice is heard. "Am I talking to Captain Trace Reed?"
Captain Trace chuckles. "It is. I take it you're Thomas."
"Indeed. I take it someone told you about why you are here?" Thomas replies.
"To help contain the escape of some tube born creatures that the security force was too incompetent to. Am I right?" The Captain pulls out a flask and takes a sip.
"That is correct. Your Communication Officer has the co-ordinates for the base where you are to start your search. I am already there, and what's left of the Security Team is eager to make up for their failure." Thomas replies.
Captain Trace takes another sip before responding. "Did the Captain of the Security force survive?"
"Yes. I have a Ghost keeping an eye on him." He replies.
Captain Trace nods to himself, his mind churning. "Good. I'd like a word with him when I arrive. What is his name?"
"Captain Gerald Marigold. He's quite short-fused, I'm told."
"Thank you, Thomas. We will have landed within the hour. We even have the fruits of some of the Dominions other projects with us." He gets real quiet all of a sudden. "The new Gestalts."
Thomas chuckles, and says "Understood. Out"
"Trace out." The Captain closes the channel and signals the helmsman. "Take us down. We begin unloading once we're low enough in the atmosphere."
"Aye, sir." The helmsman replies

Thomas changes the channel on the radio, and says "Sasha, get the Captain and take him to the Cargo Bay 3. We're going to meet the task-force." He turns the radio off, and sets it on his belt. He goes to the door, and signals for the remains of the Security Team to follow him. They walk down toward the Cargo Bay, and as they enter Bay 3, Sasha nods to Thomas, and Captain Gerald nods to his team. They all follow Thomas out to the place where they will meet the new task force.

Captain Trace looks upon the planet as they descend, his mind formulating the best deployment options to contain the escapees.
As the drop-ships touch down, a ghost waits near them, standing calmly. Along with her, the Captain stands behind her, and beside the Ghost, a scientist stands, waiting. Behind them all, a team of marines, firebats, and marauders, what was left of the Security, waits silently.
Captain Trace looks over the group as the first batch of marines and Firebats disembarks. "Which of you is Captain Gerald?"
The man behind the Ghost steps forward. He has an angry look on his face. "Me." He says.
Captain Trace looks the man over and recognizes the quick to anger characteristics in his face. "I understand you failed to contain the experiments that I've been called in to recapture."
He gets an even more angry and annoyed expression on his face, as if such a thing could be possible, and doesn't say anything. The answer could be read on his face.
"Answer the question, Captain." Trace put a lot of sarcasm behind the last word. He had no patience for incompetence like that in any way shape or form.
"Yes." Gerald growls in reply.
"How did you have your men deployed? And why wasn't there someone with the scientist? Why did you fail to follow SOP?" Trace wasn't going to take his bull!@#$. Several Banshees flew over head as another dropship unloaded more marines and firebats, along with marauders.
"They were deployed with one marine per room with a squad patrolling the halls, along with 10 squads plus armor on stand-by. Someone pulled a guard out because of a terrorist alert." His eyes glance out toward the troops.
Trace shakes his head. "Were you able to confirm the terrorist activity? No one but the Dominion higher ups and maybe the Umojans, thanks to their damned Shadowguard, know about this installation."
"There was no signs of Terrorist activity. It was a false alarm." Gerald replies.
"If you knew that why did you--No, nevermind, it's unimportant now. I'll clean up your mess and ensure you receive a demotion back to Private when we're done here." Trace turned to look at the last drop ship as it unloaded it's cargo. The rest of the marines, firebats and marauders, the Diamondbacks, and my surprise, the ten Gestalts. Gestalt 39 walks over to me. "We're ready to deploy when we have orders sir." He nods.
Gerald gets even more angry, and without warning, charges with a knife in hand.

Creatures:
Hunt creatures with good mobility

Hunt creatures with good armor

Sasha:
Stop Captain Gerald

Kill Captain Gerald

Captain Trace Reed:
Turn around and defend himself

Ignore the charging Captain
Creatures:

Sasha:
Stop Captain Gerald

Captain Trace Reed:
Creatures:

Sasha:
Kill Captain Gerald

Captain Trace Reed:
Creatures:

Sasha:
Stop Captain Gerald

Captain Trace Reed:
Creatures:
Hunt creatures with good armor

Sasha:
Kill Captain Gerald

Captain Trace Reed:
The Creatures should hunt the creatures with good armor.
Sasha should kill captain Gerald, and Captain Trace should defend himself.

On a side note, is there going to be any backstory as to the origins of these creatures? Are they Hybrids, or maybe some other species not stated ever?
02/24/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Martiny
On a side note, is there going to be any backstory as to the origins of these creatures? Are they Hybrids, or maybe some other species not stated ever?

That is an excellant question. Some backstory will be put in here.

Back to the Story:
As Captain Gerald rushes forward with his knife in hand, Sasha flies into motion, sprinting after Captain Gerald. She yells out psionically to Captain Trace Captain, watch out behind you!
Captain Trace spins around, his own knife in hand and ducks, slamming his shoulder into Gerald and knocking him over. Kicking the knife out of the winded Gerald's hand, he leans in close. "It seems you have authority issues."
Gerald gives a wordless roar and swings from the ground, hitting Trace in the head. As Trace recoils backward from the hit, Gerald rolls backward from laying down and gets on his feet. He bends down and pulls a knife out of his boot. He growls, and doesn't notice Sasha right behind him.
Trace, recovering quickly, draws his pistol and shoots the other knife from Gerald's hand, quickly closing the gap and slamming his knife into the stunned Gerald's throat.
Trace, however, underestimated Gerald, who recovered quickly from the shot and leans away, avoiding the knife. He rushes forward, kicking him in the gut and drawing his own pistol. Before he could use the gun, he stops and screams, dropping to the ground and releasing his gun. Sasha's arm was raised and pointed at Gerald, electricity arcing out of her suit and slamming into Gerald. After a few seconds, she stops shocking Gerald, and he pants on the ground.
Trace puts his heavy boot on Gerald's chest and rams the knife into Gerald's throat, leaving it there so the blood wouldn't flow too quickly just yet. "You are dismissed." Looking at the Ghost, he nods. "Please retrieve any useful information from his mind, and then finish him." Pulling out his knife, Trace returns to watching his men prepare, cleaning off the knife and sheathing it.
The members of the Security Team flinch as the fight ended, and some of them looked as though they were going to go into action. Sasha turns to Gerald and searches his mind. She scans it for about a minute, then lifts her arm, sending a electric arc into his body, killing him. She looks up at Trace, and shakes his head. He has nothing in his head, other than his anger and orders. He was sent here by Mengsk. Thomas also has something to tell you, but in private. She turns and walks over to Thomas.
Trace nods and turns to Gestalt 39. "Get the security team's remnants upgraded and integrated. I'll get our orders." Gestalt 39 nods and approaches the Security Team.
"Come with me." It was a three word answer that none of them would want to argue with. Trace walks over to Thomas.
"What is it you have to tell me?"
The members of the Security Team glance at each other warily, and follow Gestalt 39 reluctantly. Thomas leans in and says "Now, for something that is for your ears only, unless you feel the desire to tell your troops, but that will mean they will have to mind-wiped. These creatures are by-products of thee projects: HAZRAD, LILITH, and ATHENA. HAZRAD was a project involving a powerful creature that is virtually immune to everything we used to damage his skin, and we attempted to recreate it. LILITH involved creating something along the lines of the Gestalts, only with Zerg DNA added, and born from living individuals, with most of them being human. There was one individual that was Protoss. Finally, ATHENA attempted to create a Zerg organism that could control how it evolved, sometimes using DNA from those it consumed, sometimes by choice. The longer these things remain loose, the harder they will be to kill." He whispers, and adds "This is a Death World."
Trace nods, thinking of ways to contain and capture the creatures. "Do you have any chemical sprayers or anything to kill the extras?"
"No, we had no reason to use them. We used the forest and plants to hide the facility from sight. Only thing we have is Hellions just to clear the way in case we needed to transport something to the second facility." Thomas replies.
Trace sighs, thinking carefully. "Are there any specimens already at the second facility? If so, you need to terminate them before those that have already escaped reach it."
"The second facility a larger place meant to be a controlled environment underground. Had they not broke out, they would have been sent there, and before you ask, there is no other creatures there. We also have sent data to you with names for the species and observed abilities." Thomas replies.
Trace nods. "Then give me the direction they went in and my men and I will bring in as many as possible."
That is the problem. They've fled to the Mountains, where they will most likely leave no footprints. Sasha replies to him psionically.
"Then I'll just have to use the Banshees to spot them from the air."
Thomas shrugs. "You're in charge of your force. Your methods are yours to use."
"I can assume we're finished here then?"
Thomas nods, and walks away. Sasha follows him away.

The creatures roam the land, keeping in one pack as they hunted for creatures. As they advanced further along the path worn by the creatures of the world, a shadow appears above them. They look up, and scatter as a massive, two-legged bird drops down in the middle of them. It squawks at the creatures, who hiss back at them. The bird spits at a female creature, the spit igniting into a fireball. The female narrowly avoids the spit, and bugs fly out at the bird. The bird squawks again, and tries to get rid of the bugs. It hisses in anger, and it rises into the sky. It flies off, and the creatures gather up and glance at the massive bird as it flies away.

Captain Trace Reed:
Investigate the Lowlands Plateau in the mountains

Investigate the Nests in the mountains

Creatures:
Continue to explore for prey

Hunt the bird creature down
Captain Trace Reed:
Investigate the Nests in the mountains

Creatures:
Continue to explore for prey