Couple of thoughts on HoTS pre-release//

General Discussion
I've seen some complaints about Hellbat drops, but the thing about hellbats is they're slow as heck. There's "no line em' up" as opposed to a regular hellion form, sooo... when they hobble over to chase down workers, they're wide open for a surround, and easy pickings. Also, a terran that invested into tech only means, a free expansion!

I've seen some players addressing the bio-tag, which I find kind of hard to debate, considering the bulk nature of the hellbat as-is.

I think Blizz is doing a superb job with HoTS. There's no doubt I felt the work was quite cut out for them, but the development team is really stepping up to the plate!

I like the change to the Thor, especially the scrapping of the energy. I am on the fence about swarm hosts however, and it seems like a lot of folks are... It's just really expensive, especially for a zerg unit. I'd be actually ok with an extra locusts with no change to stats . Reapers are really micro-intensive now, but an unbelievable scout which is pretty interesting. Tempests look terrifying, and I like the changes to Ultra as well.
The hellbat drops are much stronger if you use the medivac to compensate for their slowness. Just pick them up and drop them over the workers as they run away. There's no escape because of how fast the medivacs with afterburners are. If they get surrounded, pick em up again and reposition.
02/11/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Locke
The hellbat drops are much stronger if you use the medivac to compensate for their slowness. Just pick them up and drop them over the workers as they run away. There's no escape because of how fast the medivacs with afterburners are. If they get surrounded, pick em up again and reposition.

true... I've been really leaning towards afterburners costing energy, ever since they first announced this ability! It's a strong ability, but it's still a buff with no cost? I don't think medavas has been necessarily a weak unit to begin with, but who knows.