Unplayable game lag

Technical Support
The last time I played successfully was about 6 months ago. Currently, I cannot play any games, standard or custom, that require many units on the field. For example, -Mafia- plays fine. At about 5 minutes into a standard game my frame rate drops to 1fps from around 30-50. I have all the latest drivers and I just did a clean install of my whole computer (for other reasons) and the problem still persists. I've also tried repairing the client.

I'm running:
Computer Model Dell XPS L501X (laptop)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz
Clock Speed 1.8GHz
RAM 6GB
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M 2048MB
I played an offline game today with the AI and the whole game ran fine which leads me to believe that this is a network problem rather than a graphics card/processor problem. How can I test the network connection and diagnose a problem?
FragileTeeth, if you're playing from a college network, I'd contact the network administrators to see if they're fully allowing StarCraft II on their network.
I'm playing from my personal network. How do I check to see if I'm fully allowing SCII On my network? Also I should mention that I can play SCII on this same network fine with other computers (tested 2 desktops, 1 laptop). I've tried other games, Borderlands 2, Runescape, WoW, and Aion, all of which have the same problem.

EDIT: Went to speedtest.net. Got 14.3 down, 3.62 up
Have you tried both a wired and wireless connection? Is there a difference in game?
02/14/2013 09:01 AMPosted by FragileTeeth
I just did a clean install of my whole computer (for other reasons)

Ok, so you reformatted and reinstalled Windows?
02/17/2013 01:53 PMPosted by FragileTeeth
I played an offline game today with the AI and the whole game ran fine which leads me to believe that this is a network problem rather than a graphics card/processor problem. How can I test the network connection and diagnose a problem?

Are there any offload options you can disable on your network card? You'll want to disable each and every offload option you can find.

I have the following options in Advanced tab:
802.11n Channel width for band 2.4 - auto
802.11n mode - enabled
Ad Hoc Channel 802.11b/g - 1
Ad Hoc QoS Mode - WMM Disabled
Bluetooth(R) AMP - Enabled
Fat Channel Intolerant - Disabled
Mixed Mode Protection - CTS-to-self Enabled
Roaming Aggressiveness - 3. Medium
Transmit Power - 5. Highest
Wireless Mode - 3. 802.11b/g
02/18/2013 12:35 PMPosted by FragileTeeth
This was my first thought, but I don't have the option to use a wireless connection with my laptop

In the link you provided, I could not find an option for steps 8 and 9 (checksum offload and Speed/Duplex). But I did disable Power Management.

I have the following options in Advanced tab:
802.11n Channel width for band 2.4 - auto
802.11n mode - enabled
Ad Hoc Channel 802.11b/g - 1
Ad Hoc QoS Mode - WMM Disabled
Bluetooth(R) AMP - Enabled
Fat Channel Intolerant - Disabled
Mixed Mode Protection - CTS-to-self Enabled
Roaming Aggressiveness - 3. Medium
Transmit Power - 5. Highest
Wireless Mode - 3. 802.11b/g

I'm confused - you said you can't use a wireless connection on your laptop, but the options you've listed are for a wireless adapter.
What's the make and model of your router and modem?
Router: Netgear N600 Dual band Router (model #: WNDR3400V2)
Let's make sure you have the latest firmware:

http://support.netgear.com/product/WNDR3400v2

If that doesn't help, I'd try changing wireless modes. The User Manual will show how to change wireless modes.
I updated the firmware, it was in fact out of date, but still experiencing lag. What do you mean change wireless modes? I looked through the user manual table of contents and the netgear genie and could not find anything relating to the wireless modes.
Page 29 shows the different modes:
Mode. Up to 130 Mbps is the default and allows 802.11n and 802.11g wireless devices to join the network. g & b supports up to 54 Mbps. The 300 Mbps setting allows 802.11n devices to connect at this speed.

Try changing it to g & b

Edit: just performed another speed test with my router setting to 300mbps. Result were 20.08 down, 3.27 up
...I can play SCII on this same network fine with other computers (tested 2 desktops, 1 laptop). I've tried other games, Borderlands 2, Runescape, WoW, and Aion, all of which have the same problem.

EDIT: Went to speedtest.net. Got 14.3 down, 3.62 up

The 2 desktops are wired, and the other laptop is wireless too?